September 27, 2024, 05:05:43 PM

Author Topic: New Album Already??  (Read 4297 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
New Album Already??
« on: November 02, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »
I found this article today on Edge102:

Stone Temple Pilots Already Working On New Record?
LaunchDaily
11/2/2010

Stone Temple Pilots drummer Eric Kretz told the Ventura County Star that the band has already started working on a new album less than a year after the release of its self-titled sixth studio effort.     Kretz said to the newspaper, "We took quite a long hiatus (from the studio) and then we started touring for about nine months straight. It was just a natural progression to say, 'Let's jump back in and go back in the studio and continue the writing thing.'" Kretz added that fans can expect the record "very soon" but did not offer any specific release plans.

Kretz also said that having enough songs for an album is not a problem, explaining, "There is never a shortage of material. It's just a matter of sifting through it and working with everyone's schedule." 
STP released its sixth album earlier this year after a nine-year break from the studio. The band's last effort before that, Shangri-La-Dee-Da, came out in 2001. 
The quartet reunited in 2008 for a successful world tour following a six-year hiatus. 
Kretz said that the group hopes to get its new album out sometime next year and is also "looking at . . . trying new ideas of how to present music, especially for downloading."
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: New Album Already??
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:26:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in a couple of other threads, but here's what I think:

As an STP fan, I take everything they say with a grain of salt. The self-titled album was rumored to be out by Christmas 2008! It is exciting that they're on board for making a new album sometime and I hope that they surpise me and it comes out sooner than I'd expect, but I wouldn't advise anyone to get their hopes up too much.

Also, I think someone said this in another thread, but I'd like the guys to put out another experimental record for the new album. I am interested to hear what the boys would put out after the self-titled. All we can do now is wait.

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »
!!!
EXCITING
!!!

;) ;)
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »
Yeah sorry, I just realized this was a duplicatate topic. Ah, well it's still awesome to discuss it.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy