September 25, 2024, 01:39:13 PM

Author Topic: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info  (Read 38795 times)

letsburnholes

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: "Cinnamon" Music Video Info
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »
I think this could be a good move. I played the new album at a house party recently, and the girl I was sitting next to didn't move a muscle until Cinnamon came on. She started tapping her feet and hands; swaying in her seat to the groove. I could tell she liked it, where as the other songs didn't do much for her.

Granted, the testosterone filled meat head STP fans (not you guys, the casual fans) will probably cringe, but the opened minded music lovers / casual female fans will eat this up.

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »
Thank God. I like TALO, but its definitely not single worthy, and Scott's voice is wayyyy over produced on it. Listen to him yell "record store" at the end of the song.... its pretty comical.

All I want is for STP to be relevant again, and I think a super poppy song like "Cinnamon" might do the trick.

I'm still pushing for "Maver" and "First Kiss" (best songs on the album) to be released.

how about a little Cinnamon Christmas music video since November & December are not far away..

:)
" I have to return some video tapes "

SourBeagle

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »
Do we for sure know that Cinnamon will hit pop radio?  The reason I ask is because it would be an epic failure if just released to rock stations.  Will Atlantic try to swing it over to pop radio?

I agree. I actually think Cinnamon is gonna be a hard sell on any platform. I had doubts that they were gonna release this song as a single, but I guess it is the song most likely to get the biggest reaction (good or bad) at this point.

Personally, I will be very surprised if this song gains any new fans. I do think it may lose them fans, however.

I wondered this as well; I think it'd fit well with an adult contemporary station, but I just can't picture any other format other than a rock station rotating a new STP single.  It could work, though, if somehow (and I'm not really sure how) they can market the single and get it across to an audiance in a way that isn't radio; I guess like on a TV show or something.
“The news reports said I’d torched $10,000 worth of Scott’s clothes, which was wrong by a factor of eight. He was somewhat insulted at their estimate: ‘Eighty thousand dollars, Mary,’ he said later.”

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 02:28:34 AM »
I want this video with a strong 70s-ish vibe
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »
All this talk reminds me of Wonderful during the SLDD days.  At that time I thought it would have been a big hit like Sour Girl previously.  I do think Cinnamon will do the same.

Is it a risk?  Yes.  But the guys are in their 40s, they're established and comfortable with who they are as a band and as artists.  There is nothing wrong with breaking the mold and taking a risk.  This is their risk.  I hope they are rewarded for it.

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »
So I text messaged the local alt station to play Cinnamon this afternoon.

I've been talking in the TALO single thread about how I request TALO and 20 minutes - 40 minutes later they play old STP.  So I figured maybe it was because TALO wasn't well promoted, etc.  So ~ 40 minutes after I requested Cinnamon, they played Big Empty. 

So I texted them again..."why won't u play new STP :( "   

They responded "we actually played some of the new stuff when it first came out but nobody seemed into it."   

So apparently, Radio 104.5 in Philadelphia is not intending to play new STP because they played a couple of songs and "nobody seemed into it"

While Cinnamon is far from my favorite song on the album, I feel like bombarding them with e-mails and texts just to show them that somebody's into it!!!
08-03-00 Spectrum
05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
08-14-11 Musikfest

Stpilots98

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 12:49:38 AM »
How do you text them?  I'm going to bombard them

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 12:51:29 AM »
e-mail = radio1045fm@gmail.com
text = 91045

...just in case you want to voice your opinion too!
08-03-00 Spectrum
05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
08-14-11 Musikfest

Deeze

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 01:24:56 AM »
Let the bombs drop. I'm gonna Email too, and I live in Australia. I hate that. That's a hundred percent why I don't listen to the radio. 'They' tell 'you' what you want to hear, instead of the other way around? Grrrrr
AND I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH...

SourBeagle

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
So I text messaged the local alt station to play Cinnamon this afternoon.

I've been talking in the TALO single thread about how I request TALO and 20 minutes - 40 minutes later they play old STP.  So I figured maybe it was because TALO wasn't well promoted, etc.  So ~ 40 minutes after I requested Cinnamon, they played Big Empty. 

So I texted them again..."why won't u play new STP :( "   

They responded "we actually played some of the new stuff when it first came out but nobody seemed into it."   

So apparently, Radio 104.5 in Philadelphia is not intending to play new STP because they played a couple of songs and "nobody seemed into it"

While Cinnamon is far from my favorite song on the album, I feel like bombarding them with e-mails and texts just to show them that somebody's into it!!!
What do they mean no one is into it?!  I requested TALO and Cinnamon from radio 1045 in Philly!  I got tired of being ignored; I just assumed my emails didn't go through.  I only just got a new phone and will try the texting.

Emailing them right now....again.
“The news reports said I’d torched $10,000 worth of Scott’s clothes, which was wrong by a factor of eight. He was somewhat insulted at their estimate: ‘Eighty thousand dollars, Mary,’ he said later.”

Deeze

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 04:47:39 AM »
Just to let everyone know, I haven't heard a response from them yet...
AND I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH...

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 07:24:02 PM »
Does anyone know if this has officially been released as a single?  I know it will be the next single, even Scott said that in Colorado.  But we should not be freaking about radio play, if it has not been released yet.  Take A Load Off was not released to long ago, I believe they are giving it more time.  Got to space out those singles.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »
Yeah, I don't think this has been released yet.

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 06:49:57 AM »
I love Take a Load Off. I remember being on vacation in Portland, stoked, to hear it on the radio in some store. Its such an amazing song, and i wish Atlantic wouldve pushed it more, with a video, with tv appearances, etc.
Not a fan of cinnamon. i'm really surprised they're not going with Dare, or Peacoat. Peacoat is catchy and just a heartbreakingly beautiful song.
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 08:25:46 AM »
anyone know when the video will be shot? or released?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)