September 25, 2024, 01:40:02 PM

Author Topic: CHECK THIS OUT>>>>>>STP PLAYING NEW SONGS IN TOUR  (Read 19504 times)

Hazy Daze

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: CHECK THIS OUT>>>>>>STP PLAYING NEW SONGS IN TOUR
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 06:51:33 AM »
When's the last time they played Army Ants live? There's a vid from 1994 online and it's the only one I can find.  If they play Army Ants, Still Remains, Glide, or Silvergun Superman at the shows I go to I will go nuts.

I would love for them to play Seven Caged Tigers or Long Way Home though. My guess is Tumble in the Rough and Bagman are out of the usual setlist for sure.

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 06:56:05 AM »
"Army Ants" was done on last year's summer tour. "Seven Caged Tigers" was great last summer as well.
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 07:01:21 AM »
The Reaction, I really like your idea for the setlist. I NEED TO HEAR/SEE FAST AS I CAN LIVE
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 07:09:37 AM »
Who cares about the setlist?!!
hey hey HEY careful what you say, i dont want the band seeing comments like this lol

hahahahah....it's the South American happiness =D

haha exactly! But talking about adding songs off SLDD is a huge deal too. I WANT DUMB LOVE!! and Hello it's late!

N Transmissions and Coma :(

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
cool stuff..  glad they are coming back next year  8)
Silver Gun Superman or Down or Sex & Violence is what I would like to hear.. but its all good  ;D
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(

OrangeBlossomBreezes

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 03:59:08 PM »

Set List[/b][/font]
    • Vasoline
    • Crackerman
    • Between The Lines
    • Take a Load Off
    • Huckleberry Crumble
    • I Got You
    • Pretty Penny
    • Creep
    • Plush
    • Interstate Love Song
    • First Kiss on Mars
    • Fast as I Can
    • Sex and Violence
    • Meat Plow
    • Sex Type Thing
    • Dead And Bloated
    • Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart.
    [/list]

Much as I like the list, there's no way they don't play Wicked Garden. 

And file me under "cynical."  I'll believe what Dean says when I see it.  Yeah, he says they'll play stuff of No. 4, but he could mean Down, which was played on the reunion tour.  This band's M.O. the past few years has been "play the standards, and change up the deep cut each tour."  Love the band, and love the new album, but their live shows since the reunion have left something to be desired, for me.
    She was a true blue-blooded traveler...

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
      • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
    Here's my best guess in no particular order keeping in mind that Dean mentioned Cinnamon as the possible third single, 5-6 songs from the new album, and the No 4 and Purple references....

Down
    Between the Lines
    Take A Load Off
    Wicked Garden
    Cinnamon
    Still Remains
    Interstate Love Song
    Unglued
    No Way Out
    Sex & Violence
    Sex Type Thing
    First Kiss on Mars
    Big Empty or Creep
    I Got You
    Huckleberry Crumble
    Dead and Bloated
    Vasoline
    Plush
    08-03-00 Spectrum
    05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
    8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
    08-14-11 Musikfest

Blue

• Your Friend
    • Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
    For all of  you thinking it's Down, read the article. Dean says they are playing songs they have never played live before. At the very least, he may be refering to songs they played once or twice but he's forgotten they ever played. But there are a lot of songs off of No. 4 that haven't been played more than once or twice live and it seems pretty clear that he's refering to those songs.
    Grab the hate and drown it out...

Shannon

• Contributors
    • Pilot
    • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »
    I honestly have my hopes up for this, as obviously Dean knows he's played DOWN before. Its practically an on/off staple of their setlist. He also knows they have played other No4 regulars (Sour Girl etc.). I think he really means it has to be:

I Got You (only played once)
    Glide
    Church on Sunday
    Heaven and Hotrods

Okay, maybe i'm just drooling, but I would LOVE to hear those four. I think the odds I'll hear at least one of them are really high too.
    Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

STP

• Contributors
    • Pilot
      • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 07:18:42 PM »
    It´d be outstanding!

Those fuckin' bastards playing nearby and some setlist changes...
    Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

Casual

• Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 08:08:27 PM »
    omg imagine if they play "Heaven & Hod Rods"?   :o   That's great about the new songs too  8)

stp080808

• Co-Pilot
      • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 08:40:23 PM »
    For all of  you thinking it's Down, read the article. Dean says they are playing songs they have never played live before. At the very least, he may be refering to songs they played once or twice but he's forgotten they ever played. But there are a lot of songs off of No. 4 that haven't been played more than once or twice live and it seems pretty clear that he's refering to those songs.

I do realize that Down has been played before as I did see the band on the No 4 tour.  I just think its a great opener and with the reference to No 4 who knows?
    08-03-00 Spectrum
    05-31-08 PNC  08-08-08 Musikfest
    8-31-10  Mohegan Sun 09-03-10  The Borgata 09-05-10  PNC
    08-14-11 Musikfest

Stpilots98

• Contributors
    • Pilot
      • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »
    I'm still a little skeptical, but nonetheless Great fucking news!  Pumped as all hell and I didn't think I was going to get tickets to any of these shows.  Pruno, Church on Tuesday, Heavens and Hotrods ahhhhhhhh!  Glide is on my wish list but I do not think Scottie boy could pull it off unless they did an acoustic rendition.  Speaking of which, I would put money on the acoustic set coming back.

Blue

• Your Friend
    • Contributors
    • Sky Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »
    My Money is on Heaven and Hotrods. I remember reading that someone heard them rehearse that during a soundcheck recently (either late last year, or around SXSW. I can't remember which)

Also, Rob said they rehearsed Glide before the reunion tour in 2008. But they never actually played it at a show, so it could be an option, too.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:32:55 PM by Blue »
    Grab the hate and drown it out...

Shannon

• Contributors
    • Pilot
    • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 11:05:17 PM »
    My Money is on Heaven and Hotrods. I remember reading that someone heard them rehearse that during a soundcheck recently (either late last year, or around SXSW. I can't remember which)

Also, Rob said they rehearsed Glide before the reunion tour in 2008. But they never actually played it at a show, so it could be an option, too.

Everyone thinking Scott couldnt pull off glide needs to realize, he will probably just take it an octave down like he's done with BigBangBaby lately. Honestly though, I think Glide will still sound decent at that octave, unlike BBB.
    Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno