September 27, 2024, 08:02:35 PM

Author Topic: Good Or Bad  (Read 12109 times)

Anonymous

Good Or Bad
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2004, 09:27:32 AM »
dont they ever get tired of playing sex type thing has any one of you heard them play unreleased music ant conserts?

Anonymous

Good Or Bad
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2004, 01:28:10 AM »
Good point about Tiny Music being heavily inspired by the Beatles. One thing that is not pointed out enough was the heavy Beach Boys influence on Shangri. I forgot where I read it (I *think* it was RS), but Weiland admitted that Pet Sounds has the key inspiration.

The man obviously has taste.

As for the debate over old vs. new...

Tiny Music onwards showed more of the "real" Stone Temple Pilots. 4 was a step-back in a way, but you can tell that they had moved away from grunge and more towards psyche-pop.Only problem was that Weiland's voice had declined.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Good Or Bad
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2004, 03:22:56 AM »
dont they ever get tired of playing sex type thing has any one of you heard them play unreleased music ant conserts?
"Have they played any unreleased music at concerts" ? is what I'm assuming your question was.  If so, the answer is ABSOLUTELY!

There are very few songs that Stone Temple Pilots hasn't played live, among them: "Glide," "Hello, It's Late," and "Art School Girl."  I'm sure there are a few others, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

As far as Stone Temple Pilots being "tired" of playing "Sex Type Thing," it's not as if their live performances consist of nothing more than the same song over and over again.  However, songs like "Sex Type Thing," "Interstate Love Song," "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart," and "Big Empty" have become staples in their shows.  C'mon, man - you think people are going to pay to see Stone Temple Pilots play and NOT hear "Sex Type Thing???"  You're crazy!

Odin - check out Below Empty.  Obviously you're a new fan and have lots of Stone Temple Pilots questions - Rik's site rawks pretty hard and covers basically anything you could ever possibly want to know.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Anonymous

Good Or Bad
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2004, 02:22:22 PM »
crazy,moi! :blink:  :huh:

Anonymous

Good Or Bad
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2004, 01:55:35 AM »
If you are looking for more Stone Temple Pilots, here are some more songs you can try and find.

Covers (Stone Temple Pilots):
Break On Through
Dancing Days
Shine on You Crazy Diamond (live)
Andy Warhol (Unplugged)
Revolution
Rebel Rebel (live)
Roadhouse Blues (live w/ robbie kreger)
Got Me Wrong (live w/ Jerry Cantrell)
Sweet Emotion (w/ Joe Perry and Steven Tyler)

Unreleased Tracks:
You Can't Drive Me Away - short clip (radio performance)

Might Joe Young (pre-core)
Only Dying
Peice of Pie (original version)
Fast as I can
Super Scary Area
Dirty Dog
Love Machine
Spanish Flies
Old Dixie

Side Projects:
Talk Show - Stone Temple Pilots minus Weiland + Dave Koutts

Covers & Side Projects (Scott Weiland)
12 Bar Blues - Scott Weiland solo
Lazy Divey
Chateau Mars
Follow Me - Incomplete leaked studio track
But Not Tonight

The Magnificent Bastards (feat. Weiland)
How Do You Sleep?
Mockingbird Girl (original)

We Will Rock You - Feat DJ Hurricane
Time Of the Season - Feat Big Blue Missile
Jindalee Jindalie - Masters of Reality w/ Scott Weiland

Scott and Fred Durst:
Hold On
Nobody Like You
There is a 3rd song, but I can't think of the name.  I think it was actually done for LB's previous gutarist's Solo Album.

Fine - Coda
The Chrystal Method - Murder
All Star Tribute - Whats Going On (rock version)

The Wondergirls:
Lets Go All the Way
Drop That Baby

just a few off the top of my head
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 01:25:02 AM by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Good Or Bad
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2004, 12:59:44 PM »
thanks

i guess you already have these songs on cd!.
i need to find them,also  i am looking for unplugged tracks from 94,they rock :)

Anonymous

Good Or Bad
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2004, 08:11:25 AM »
but i have spoken to some  who says that their two first albums are their only worthy to listen to.
great comercial success,great tunes and a clean and sober singer, in my eyes the good times for Stone Temple Pilots.

I'm sorry, but Scott definitely wasn't "clean and sober" for Purple, and I'm pretty sure he was getting into it all around the success of Core. I personally can't name a favorite, but it wouldn't be Core. Every other album is great front to back. Core has it's lulls. If I had a gun to my head, I'd have to go with Tiny Music. ...But I'd have to make sure it was loaded!

stpfan94

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Good Or Bad
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 12:09:44 AM »
all albums are worth listening to. if you're new to them, don't stop at purple. explore tiny music, no. 4, and shangri la dee da and you'll love it
Still shackled to the shadow, still shackled to the shadow...

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 09:01:04 AM »
Quote from: "stpfan94"
all albums are worth listening to. if you're new to them, don't stop at purple. explore tiny music, no. 4, and shangri la dee da and you'll love it

errr hey you, you've been bumping up some really old threads lately.. might I suggest checking to make sure the conversation's not 4 years old before you join in? :)

stpfan94

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 12:10:02 AM »
haha sorry! just trying to get the 50 posts :P

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 01:48:42 AM »
I suspected as much.
remember it has to be 50 meaningful posts.. lots of newbies come on here and bump old topics with 1 word responses, but the powers that be are onto you guys, and those posts get deleted. If you like them enough to come on here & post 50 times to be able to download stuff, how bout you join in the (current) discussion and actually contribute? there are some cool people here. :)

stpfan94

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 10:38:54 PM »
will do, and i didn't post one word posts. cause that like ruins the conversation. and i don't do that. i'll try to respond to newer posts from now on. thanks.

jspring89

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2008, 06:06:37 PM »
I have respect for for all of their albums. it doesn't matter the times and how they are. it's about the lyrics and the music and personally all their songs are awesome. it doesnt matter if it's the good or bad times to me but how I love their songs. What I love about STP is that one day Trippin is ur favorite song and then the next day Still Remains is ur favorite. it depends on ur mood and how you feel what makes the songs so awsome. I have respect for every song on every album.
I know you want what\'s on my mind, I know you like what\'s on my mind, I know it eats you up inside

Fthro6K

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
"Have they played any unreleased music at concerts" ? is what I'm assuming your question was.  If so, the answer is ABSOLUTELY!

There are very few songs that Stone Temple Pilots hasn't played live, among them: "Glide," "Hello, It's Late," and "Art School Girl."  I'm sure there are a few others, but I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

As far as Stone Temple Pilots being "tired" of playing "Sex Type Thing," it's not as if their live performances consist of nothing more than the same song over and over again.  However, songs like "Sex Type Thing," "Interstate Love Song," "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart," and "Big Empty" have become staples in their shows.  C'mon, man - you think people are going to pay to see Stone Temple Pilots play and NOT hear "Sex Type Thing???"  You're crazy!

Odin - check out Below Empty.  Obviously you're a new fan and have lots of Stone Temple Pilots questions - Rik's site rawks pretty hard and covers basically anything you could ever possibly want to know.  

I couldnt agree more. STT is amazing live and the crowd hits the roof when scott starts the song. Cant have a show without it!!!!

If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend.

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:45 AM »
sigh.. well, I tried..