September 25, 2024, 01:43:29 PM

Author Topic: KROQ to premiere new album  (Read 19190 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: KROQ to premiere new album
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 09:58:16 AM »
HAHAHAHA. I completely forgot about this deal they're doing with KROQ after the album leaked.

I deleted it though. 5 or 6 listens is enough to tide me over until Tuesday.

I feel so bad for Scott. You can tell how much he misses Mary when he talks about her.  :-

Edit: And I'm already ripping a copy of the album back to my computer that I had in my alarm clock. This album, it's too much.
Bleeda blooda

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2010, 10:05:04 AM »
can somebody rip it? it isn workin, the Cinnamon one :(

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »
Quote from: "disasterami"

You want an mp3 of the song?
Bleeda blooda

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "disasterami"

You want an mp3 of the song?

anythin'll do lol :D Video'd b perfect :D

fredisidle

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »
Cinnamon is an amazong song!

Is it just me, or does this song not have a bass part?

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »
Quote from: "fredisidle"
Is it just me, or does this song not have a bass part?

It is just you. I hear Rob's bouncing bass through the whole song.

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 08:49:38 PM »
yeah in matter of fact cinnamon has probably the best bass flow on the entire album i love it

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »
Listening to Cinnamon for the first time right now, I'm really diggin' it!! Definitely has hit potential
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 03:18:45 AM »
Listening to the whole album right now.

thoughts:

1. Scott's hooks are WAAAAAY repetitive. repeating the same line over and over again is ok every once in a while, but not on EVERY DAMN SONG. 8 songs deep and not a single song has gone by that doesn't have some major repetition going on.

2. Yes Scott, Drugs and Mary. Got it. Got it about 14 years ago in fact. Can we move on now? Maybe a nice trip outside of LA for something other than music would be a good idea. Ask yourself this next time: "is this song about Drugs, Mary, my kids, Courtney Love, or Rock n Roll?".....if so, don't record it.

3. Whoever mixed this apparently did not get the memo that STP is not a pop band. It's polished to a high gloss. Where's the dirty tones?

4. Why is every damn song 3 minutes long? Hey STP, remember when you guys wrote long experimental songs with lots of tempo changes? Why has it all been downhill since Days of the Week? No one even liked that song. We don't need 20 more.

5. Scott, i am blaming you for this one. The music is solid. It just wasn't mixed well and you crapped it up with your treading-previous-ground-again lyrics and lame repetitive hooks.

I was excited for the album. i love the band. i was so happy to hear they were coming back. But.... seriously what is this? Where is Atlanta? Where is Silvergun Superman? where's Trippin' on a Hole... ? Where is anything that resembles something they did that didn't sound like Days of the Week?

Blah. See you next round i guess.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 03:23:50 AM »
Quote from: "Six7Six7"

thoughts:

1. Scott's hooks are WAAAAAY repetitive. repeating the same line over and over again is ok every once in a while, but not on EVERY DAMN SONG. 8 songs deep and not a single song has gone by that doesn't have some major repetition going on.

2. Yes Scott, Drugs and Mary. Got it. Got it about 14 years ago in fact. Can we move on now? Maybe a nice trip outside of LA for something other than music would be a good idea. Ask yourself this next time: "is this song about Drugs, Mary, my kids, Courtney Love, or Rock n Roll?".....if so, don't record it.

3. Whoever mixed this apparently did not get the memo that STP is not a pop band. It's polished to a high gloss. Where's the dirty tones?

4. Why is every damn song 3 minutes long? Hey STP, remember when you guys wrote long experimental songs with lots of tempo changes? Why has it all been downhill since Days of the Week? No one even liked that song. We don't need 20 more.

5. Scott, i am blaming you for this one. The music is solid. It just wasn't mixed well and you crapped it up with your treading-previous-ground-again lyrics and lame repetitive hooks.

I was excited for the album. i love the band. i was so happy to hear they were coming back. But.... seriously what is this? Where is Atlanta? Where is Silvergun Superman? where's Trippin' on a Hole... ? Where is anything that resembles something they did that didn't sound like Days of the Week?

I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree with you.

To answer your question(s): "Where is Atlanta?" No. 4.  "Where is "Silvergun Superman?" Purple.  "Where's Trippin' on a Hole?"  Tiny Music.  "Where is anything that resembles something they did that didn't sound like Days of the Week?"  Ummm... which song sounds like Days Of The Week?  I must have missed that one.

I don't understand what some of you are expecting.  This is STP.  They change their sound with every album!  Imagine all the people that must have complained when STP released Tiny Music.  I'm sure there were lots of people who were turned off because it wasn't "Core enough".
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2010, 03:34:16 AM »
Give him a break, he's from Clevland.  Most of them are a little behind the times.

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2010, 03:34:31 AM »
Quote from: "Jim The Stimulator"
Quote from: "Six7Six7"

thoughts:

I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree with you.

To answer your question(s): "Where is Atlanta?" No. 4.  "Where is "Silvergun Superman?" Purple.  "Where's Trippin' on a Hole?"  Tiny Music.  "Where is anything that resembles something they did that didn't sound like Days of the Week?"  Ummm... which song sounds like Days Of The Week?  I must have missed that one.

I don't understand what some of you are expecting.  This is STP.  They change their sound with every album!  Imagine all the people that must have complained when STP released Tiny Music.  I'm sure there were lots of people who were turned off because it wasn't "Core enough".

Anyone who wants Core is not even a real STP fan.

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2010, 03:35:20 AM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
Give him a break, he's from Clevland.  Most of them are a little behind the times.

I'll agree. Cleveland fucking sucks. I hate this place. do you have any idea how band the music scene is?

Do you like Band of Horses? i think they are fantastic.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2010, 03:45:15 AM »
There not bad just getting into them though.

Bro, you need to give the new STP week some time before you flip out on it.  Its a grower, you have to give it time. 8)