September 25, 2024, 01:14:47 PM

Author Topic: DesignByHumans.com STP T-Shirt Design Contest  (Read 11219 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: DesignByHumans.com STP T-Shirt Design Contest
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 07:38:31 AM »
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"
I've got 5 or 6 killer design ideas...but need at artist to bring them to life...any volunteers?

I've got a friend who's going to draw some stuff. She thinks she probably won't win because all the examples are designed on computers, but she's a fantastic artist.

If you want to PM me your ideas, I'll pass them off onto her.
Bleeda blooda

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 10:03:47 PM »
I hope we can get a decent shirt out of this contest. Pretty much the entire stuff in the store is garbage. I still cling to my Shangri-LA DEE DA concert shirt.
Back for another one

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 04:02:18 AM »
PM's sent
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
STP T-Shirt designs!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
4 more days left in this contest.... and of the top 2 shirts with the most votes, one isn't even an STP shirt, and the other is pretty ugly.  (Look it up yourself)

I see a TON of new faces here, and know there are plenty of old faces too.... so there should be enough to sway the voting.  Like I said, I'm more concerned about being able to design STP's shirt than the prize... so if you all vote for my designs, and I win... I will donate $200 to BelowEmpty.com  (I had some help with the illustrator files for the output design, so I told my friend who helped me I'd split it if we won... otherwise I'd be donating more.)

Heaven & Hot Rods
http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73775

My Only Cigarette
http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73772

Voting takes less than a minute, and you can vote instantly after you sign up.  (They only send you 1 e-mail, that's it.)

If you don't like my designs, then please vote for someone elses design.  There are some pretty cool designs in the running, but a LOT of them are really lame. (Please, look, and be the judge yourself.)  I personally described my designs, and they're coming from a true STP fan, FOR STP fans.  Even if I don't win... I'd just like to be able to have some cool shirts come from this contest.  And so far it's not looking good.  

This is the ONLY chance as STP fans to vote for STP's new merchandise designs... so please vote.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

purplestpgirl

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP T-Shirt designs!
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
wow! those are great! i wish i had a talent for graphic design. great job!

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 08:21:08 PM »
Quote from: "purplestpgirl"
Agreed! I love the My only Cigarette one! Definitely a design only hardcore STP fans will understand :D and the car and rushmore ones are awesome as well! Just voted for all 3 :)
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »

Thanks...  I knew my degree in graphic design would come in handy  8)

Quote from: "Shannon"
Agreed! I love the My only Cigarette one! Definitely a design only hardcore STP fans will understand :D and the car and rushmore ones are awesome as well! Just voted for all 3 :)

Thanks for the compliments & votes.  The Rushmore one was just kinda a goof idea... but the Car, and Cigarette were actually based off STP songs/shows.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »
When willa winner be chosen and the shirt(s) made available

mjedryk

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »
Man, the first one is @#$%^&* great  ;D
I love the idea of the car on the front of the shirt and a name of the band on the bottom of it. Great job, I will vote for it for sure  ;)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »
Quote from: "wayne gretzky"
When willa winner be chosen and the shirt(s) made available

Voting ends on June 6th.  But there are 3 simultaneous winners, one based on votes, one based on whom the site chooses, and one based on what the band picks.  So, it may take a while, but I'd figure they'd want it available for their upcoming tour in August.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 09:10:35 PM »
Quote from: "mjedryk"
Man, the first one is @#$%^&* great  ;D
I love the idea of the car on the front of the shirt and a name of the band on the bottom of it. Great job, I will vote for it for sure  ;)

Thanks a lot.  I'm a bit of a car guy, and all those clips of car chases STP used to play on the LED screens at their shows made me come up with that.  (Bullet, MAd Max, and some other chase scenes if I remember.)  

I just have my fingers crossed, and I'm working on my final rally.

Eijoo

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
4 more days left in this contest.... and of the top 2 shirts with the most votes, one isn't even an STP shirt, and the other is pretty ugly.  (Look it up yourself)

I see a TON of new faces here, and know there are plenty of old faces too.... so there should be enough to sway the voting.  Like I said, I'm more concerned about being able to design STP's shirt than the prize... so if you all vote for my designs, and I win... I will donate $200 to BelowEmpty.com  (I had some help with the illustrator files for the output design, so I told my friend who helped me I'd split it if we won... otherwise I'd be donating more.)

Heaven & Hot Rods
http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73775

My Only Cigarette
http://http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/73772

Voting takes less than a minute, and you can vote instantly after you sign up.  (They only send you 1 e-mail, that's it.)

If you don't like my designs, then please vote for someone elses design.  There are some pretty cool designs in the running, but a LOT of them are really lame. (Please, look, and be the judge yourself.)  I personally described my designs, and they're coming from a true STP fan, FOR STP fans.  Even if I don't win... I'd just like to be able to have some cool shirts come from this contest.  And so far it's not looking good.  

This is the ONLY chance as STP fans to vote for STP's new merchandise designs... so please vote.
love the clean design and layout. simply one of the best. this is already a winner(=^;^=)
Songs are emotions in sonic form and I had a lot of emotions at the time. And each of those emotions inspires its own sound."- Scott Weiland on recording "12 Bar Blues" album

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 03:53:28 AM »
The designs winning are awful! There are loads of better stuff including yours.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 03:58:50 AM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
The designs winning are awful! There are loads of better stuff including yours.

There are 3 shirts to be picked i believe...Let's clear this up.

the One that's picked from the DBH list isnt even allowed to have STP stuff included...so that's why the one with the bird is in there. Also, the band will pick one...and that one will have STP stuff in it. And then theres the people's choice one...which could be anything.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 04:15:59 AM »
Not a fan of the ones in the lead. People are picking them for their designs, which is all well and good, but the leading designs don't appear to have anything to do with the band, outside of the occasional leaf design tacked on and maybe the band name. Hopefully the one the band picks will be a good one. All my STP T's are ratty and worn out, and I need some new ones.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...