September 25, 2024, 01:43:44 PM

Author Topic: STP on The Adam Carolla Podcast  (Read 8993 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP on The Adam Carolla Podcast
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:22:59 PM »
I'm always behind on the Carolla podcast because I just don't have that much time to listen, so I have not heard this yet.

However, I wonder if maybe the memory is a little fuzzy now.  If I had time, I'd dig up the interviews where they actually SAID they met at a Black Flag concert.  I know about the story, but I wonder, if we can't find quotes, if this was just exposition that was never fact-checked, yet kept finding its way into stories about the band.

The Kretz thing may not be a conflict.  They may have gone to hear him play after seeing the ad.  Then again, haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I dunno if that makes sense or not.

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP on the Edge 102.1
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:01 AM »
I listened...I was...underwhelmed I guess is the best word.

I loved that they were showcasing the new album, but I thought Adam Corrola was a bit bland. They didn't seem to get into the workings of this album as much a s they talked about how the band formed etc...don't we all know that story?

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 07:52:11 AM »
Quote from: "bigemptycreep"
I listened...I was...underwhelmed I guess is the best word.

I loved that they were showcasing the new album, but I thought Adam Corrola was a bit bland. They didn't seem to get into the workings of this album as much a s they talked about how the band formed etc...don't we all know that story?

Exactly wat i felt!!!!

Wingless Bird

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »
Yeah, it also sounded like Corolla didn't do his research get kept getting all the dates wrong and everything. But at least the band didn't sound too bad, they were cracking jokes and laughing. And Scott didn't say umm as much as he usually does  :D

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 04:36:14 PM »
Stumbled upon this on a local station Monday night.

- Interview was so random
- Corolla didnt know anything
- And the songs sounded great coming out of the radio, gave me a better appreciation of how good the songs are.

david_magno

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 10:51:37 PM »
I miss Adam on Loveline.  He was the best there.

SPG900NY

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 04:11:48 AM »
>> - And the songs sounded great coming out of the radio, gave me a better appreciation of how good the songs are.

The first time I really listened to STP was on the Howard Stern show probably in the early 90s. They played Interstate Love Song and I had heard it a few times on the radio, but it just CRUNCHED live and electric in the studio. That was the first time I just remember hearing how awesome live radio could be, and it was STP. Wish I could find a copy of that particular performance, but I have no idea when it would have been.

joelrojas84

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
Oregon's 101.5 KFLY offers an MP3 download of "Inside Stone Temple Pilots", a special radio broadcast by FMQB and Atlantic Records, in which radio host Adam Carolla talks to STP about their new album.

MP3's (don't complain about the bitrate!): <!-- m -->http://www.kflyfm.com/pages/inside_stp<!-- m -->

thanks for the link man!!!