September 25, 2024, 01:14:34 PM

Author Topic: Billboard.com Chart Position  (Read 63881 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Billboard.com Chart Position
« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:48 PM »
Its only because AIC had a edgier album cover  ::)

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 01, 2010, 02:20:42 AM »
AIC is a great band, gotta give them some credit they came out with a hard hitting, back to the basics record with a new singer! Its a good cd. I've always been an AIC fan. STP is my favorite hands down. STP is more of a verstile band thats constantly changing its style. But you know the old saying, don't fix it if aint broken. This always cost artist record sales and popularity. STP is still a big draw and the latest CD is a good CD! But the more mellower STP isnt as big a hit with the public. Fast as I can and BTW are really solid tracks, i think Fast as I can should have been a single! But unless STP writes a core 2.0, they may never get back to platinum status now matter how good the poppier stp music is. just my opinion. I love STP but thats as constructive criticly I can be. I still think the latest effort is a good one, I like it better than SLDD AND #4.

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 01, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
i think they could make a core 2.0 if they really wanted

Layne&Wasp

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 01, 2010, 04:09:04 AM »
Sorry, but saying that "Man in the Box" to "I Stay Away" is the same as "Dead & Bloated" to "And So I Know" is just insane.

I never said that if your talking to me.  Besides, like Ivy said, time to get back OT.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:11:04 AM by Layne&Wasp »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 01, 2010, 06:53:35 AM »
I know you didn't.  You'd said that AIC has tread more water musically and lyrically.  And I am a huge AIC fan.  Absolutely huge.  And I think the band has shown great versatility.  Don't Follow, Swing on This...different stuff for sure.  But it still SOUNDS like AIC, ya know what I mean?  Sure, half the people that bought Dirt didn't buy the follow up EP, so that definitely shows you that there were people that may not have liked their softer side, but that 50% drop put them in line with both the previous debut LP and the forthcoming final Layne CD at 2 million copies shipped.

The argument never was who was more versatile, it was that STP's TYPE of versatility turned off many, many fans.  I would argue that the type of band that is, in many cases, unrecognizable from song to song, is the more versatile band.  You argue AIC is.  That's fine, we're not gonna change each other's minds.

I would find it difficult to believe that you would think that the average fan, save 3 or 4 songs tops, would not be able to recognize Alice as being Alice.  I still would defy the average fan to identify a plethora of songs as being STP.

And that is why some of us think album sales are so poor.  Fans STILL expect Core-type and even Purple-type songs. 

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »
Okay I've had enough of people not knowing when to shut up and to go back on topic. This topic is locked..if you guys want to argue about AIC/STP make a new topic.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.