September 27, 2024, 02:40:10 PM

Author Topic: Rage Against The Machine  (Read 7481 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Rage Against The Machine
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:59:16 AM »
does anybody know the status on this band? did they break up after that reunion?, I know they just played the BBC on the 17th or something, but from what I read they "reunited" to play at the BBC

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Rage Against The Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:02:23 AM »
From what i know they're together but taking things slow...they have the number one single in england right now, the band is active and they're together but it doesn't seem like they wanna do anything big right now and they all have side projects
If you only knew..

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 06:13:44 AM »
They have the number one single in England right now?? What?? And no I don't think they've broken up, they're just doing other stuff right now and not rushing anything. I hope they come around soon though I'd love to see them live! Rage is fucking sick!!!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
If you only knew..

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:19:36 AM »
Wow that's crazy!!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »
For once in my life i'm actually pround of the UK music buying public, We have Rage's 'Killing In The Name' at No. 1 and Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing' at No. 9 for Christmas. RATM have promised a free gig over here if they beat the X-Factor single to No. 1 and it happened, Happy Days for UK rock music fans!!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/1 ... index.html
This article was written before the final results were in, but it gives you a background about the hoopla surrounding the Christmas singles in the UK and the recent domination of the X-Factor. Pretty good read.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »
They actually formed to play the song for a radio station which streamed the performance.  The band allegedlly promised not say the "f" word on this broadcast, but in the end Zach did and the station cut away as soon as they could, funny stuff.  

Its one the youtube.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »
apparently the band knew they'd get cut and hired their own camera crew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUPYIShaX1s

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 01:37:31 AM »
I love Rage... I was lucky enough to see them in concert.. def on of my favorite bands.. the whole anarchy/anti-capitalist agenda kinda scares me tho lol.. u can totally tell from the video too how they talk about exploitation and greed.. a little far out there.. but great nonetheless
--Rob--

Divider

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
I saw them 2 years ago..best live show ever..such a destructive energy..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 04:00:59 PM »
I've always wanted to see them. They came around a few years ago with Queen of a Stone Age, but tickets were ridiculous. Their self-titled was such a landmark album in the rap-rock genre. Not too many bands could replicate what they created.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 04:52:45 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I've always wanted to see them. They came around a few years ago with Queen of a Stone Age, but tickets were ridiculous. Their self-titled was such a landmark album in the rap-rock genre. Not too many bands could replicate what they created.
Agreed. I love that album. Evil Empire is awesome too. Any other Rage fans find Battle of LA just "eh"?? I've never been a huge fan of that album although Testify is one of my favorite Rage songs

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Agreed. I love that album. Evil Empire is awesome too. Any other Rage fans find Battle of LA just "eh"?? I've never been a huge fan of that album although Testify is one of my favorite Rage songs

Wouldnt dream of it....testify's great but personally i also thought battle of la was their most inspired album. Maybe im in the minority here but i thought they threw out all the stops for that one...calm like a bomb, guerilla radio, and sleep now in the fire are probably my 3 favorite rage songs. the video for sleep now in the fire was the most inspiring ive ever seen. thought that exemplified exactly what rock music was supposed to be about. of course its not actually part of the album but worth mentioning. maria and new millennium heroes are also killer tracks....
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 12:34:08 AM »
Quote from: "Slither"
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"

Wouldnt dream of it....testify's great but personally i also thought battle of la was their most inspired album. Maybe im in the minority here but i thought they threw out all the stops for that one...calm like a bomb, guerilla radio, and sleep now in the fire are probably my 3 favorite rage songs. the video for sleep now in the fire was the most inspiring ive ever seen. thought that exemplified exactly what rock music was supposed to be about. of course its not actually part of the album but worth mentioning. maria and new millennium heroes are also killer tracks....

Sleep Now In The Fire ROCKS. I love that track! I also really dig Born of a Broken Man. Anyone notice that the beginning riff is VERY similar to Army Ants? The only album I never got into was Evil Empire.