September 27, 2024, 07:38:04 PM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots Vs 3eb  (Read 5898 times)

Anonymous

Stone Temple Pilots Vs 3eb
« on: November 24, 2003, 06:10:47 AM »
I just read this in the Stone Temple Pilots news archive.....

After performing two songs, Weiland told the audience that he forgave Third Eye Blind's Stephan Jenkins for the San Francisco singer's insults and said, "Me and Stephan kissed and made up. You know, he gives good tongue." It was Stone Temple Pilots' first trip back to the Philly area since Weiland's much-publicized drug problems sidelined the band for three years.

....Don't laught but 3eB was my first favorite band back in middle school,but does anyone know why they where fighting in the first place?

just wondering.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 06:31:35 AM »
I just read this in the Stone Temple Pilots news archive.....

After performing two songs, Weiland told the audience that he forgave Third Eye Blind's Stephan Jenkins for the San Francisco singer's insults and said, "Me and Stephan kissed and made up. You know, he gives good tongue." It was Stone Temple Pilots' first trip back to the Philly area since Weiland's much-publicized drug problems sidelined the band for three years.

....Don't laught but 3eB was my first favorite band back in middle school,but does anyone know why they where fighting in the first place?

just wondering.
Why would I laugh? I still like 3EB. Blue is a great album.

Back to the topic...No idea what the beef was about.

But back when 12 Bar Blues came out, Scott was on Mtv (TRL maybe...?) and 3EB was on afterward, but I don't remember anything bad being said on the air. In fact, I remember praise. They said they wanted to do Barbarella for a Scott tribute album.

pumpkinrocker28

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 12:35:19 PM »
i still dig third eye blind as well.....
and in the eyes of a jackal i say ka-BOOM.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 12:44:57 PM »
Anyone of you pick up 'Out of the Vein'?  Faster, Blinded, Forget Myself, Crystal Baller, My Hit and Run, Palm Reader, Good Man, and Palm Reader stand up against the rest of the bands' catologue.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 06:59:07 PM »
Shit.  I totally know what this feud was about... and I just can't think of it right now.  When I go home, I'll dig through my own personal Stone Temple Pilots archives and see what I can dig up.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 07:30:48 PM »
Anyone of you pick up 'Out of the Vein'?  Faster, Blinded, Forget Myself, Crystal Baller, My Hit and Run, Palm Reader, Good Man, and Palm Reader stand up against the rest of the bands' catologue.
I have it, but haven't listened to it more than once or twice for some reason. I did the same thing with the first two albums and when I finally did listen to 'em - I love 'em! So I'm thinking it's time to dig "Out of the Vein" out and give it another listen...

BTW, was anyone else really disapointed with the DVD that came with it?

pumpkinrocker28

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 09:12:36 PM »
i love 'out of the vein' but my freakin dad stole it from me cuz he loves it too.
and in the eyes of a jackal i say ka-BOOM.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 11:10:11 PM »
Didnt scott make fun of his fashione sense, saying that his girlfriend at the time had to lay his clothes for him on his bed?

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 10:17:46 PM »
Didnt scott make fun of his fashione sense, saying that his girlfriend at the time had to lay his clothes for him on his bed?
I've never heard of that before.....
All I know is the accident involving Scott and Stephan in San Francisco a while ago.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
Re: Stone Temple Pilots Vs 3eb
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 07:55:09 AM »
3EB's a great band... I've seen them countless times over the last 10 years... my wife and I saw them 2 times over the last year and a half, as they showcased some of their new material... pretty impressive... their 1st album is a classic... subsequent albums all produced a handful of great tracks as well, especially "Blue"...

if anyone has a copy of last year's HDNet broadcast of "Third Eye Blind - 10 Years Down" on DVD, I'm always interested in trading some of my STP dvds for it.

regards,

aH.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Temple Pilots Vs 3eb
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »
5 year old topic....wow...3eb was cool though
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫