September 27, 2024, 09:26:43 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 113195 times)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I just recently got into sugar ray.  I too noticed these "references".  Personally to me I think its some sort of homage because mark and scott are friends.    On a different note I really dig sugar ray's lighter happier stuff like every morning and under the sun but can not get into their hard rock songs
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
On a different note I really dig sugar ray's lighter happier stuff like every morning and under the sun but can not get into their hard rock songs

Wow, i'm the complete opposite, i'm digging the first and second album but I really don't like their change in style after that.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Josh Freese Tweets about Joining STP Onstage
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
this wasn't a war of words...someone said something and the other person retaliated...
A band invited you to come up jam with them, don't be dissing a member of that same band...
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »
 This might sound stupid but what did play on stage???? What show was it???   drums.......????
hawk.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2010, 04:31:23 PM »
either weezer or devo. I think he's pulling both gigs. and it was in Omaha
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

iastormtrooper

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/iastormtrooper
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
He played drums for Sex Type Thing.  Scott was really nice introducing him, something along the lines of "a special guest for this song, he's been a good friend of the band for a long time."  I couldn't see the drums from my vantage point, he sounded good, but they didn't do that  :::break::: thing they always did this spring later in the song, right after " I wanna get next to you" if that makes any sense- where the instruments stop for a second.

Deeze

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2010, 04:38:24 PM »
Something about these drummers... First Sorum, now Freece. It's okay though, cause I think Sorum's a wanker and Freece has never been a star, he's only played in bands with them.
AND I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH...

Deeze

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2010, 04:39:17 PM »
Something about these drummers... First Sorum, now Freece. It's okay though, cause I think Sorum's a wanker and Freece has never been a star, he's only played in bands with them.

Scott Weiland is a Star though!
AND I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH...

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I think they were from Cali so they prob were around STP during those early Core days
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
He played drums for Sex Type Thing.  Scott was really nice introducing him, something along the lines of "a special guest for this song, he's been a good friend of the band for a long time."  I couldn't see the drums from my vantage point, he sounded good, but they didn't do that  :::break::: thing they always did this spring later in the song, right after " I wanna get next to you" if that makes any sense- where the instruments stop for a second.
So then where's Freese's beef???? Sounds like it was good...

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »

Confused on why being nasty!
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2010, 11:59:18 PM »
Josh drummed for Filter as well as GNR, so maybe Mr. "I write songs called Drug Boy after working with the DeLeo brothers" was talking shit.
Bleeda blooda

wickedpilot

• Co-Pilot
  • STP is kewl.
    • View Profile
    • www.stonetemplecopilots.com
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2010, 12:24:05 AM »
MAYBE.......He was just really excited about playing with the DeLeo's???  I don't really think it's THAT big of a deal if he hates Scott or not.  Maybe Scott wasn't reacting over him being there like Freese thought he should have.  Regardless though, you really don't need to twitter those kinds of thoughts when you are a professional such as Freese. Very immature.
"Let's all fake happiness, we'll put on a good show."
"They hold for ransom all the watered down truth's that splintered your-faith."

thefrontman55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2010, 12:33:52 AM »
Well... i can see the argument but i wouldn't bash freese...... like seriously. seen this guy drum for Nails twice.... he's a fuckin machine. i'm kind of jealous to those who saw that.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2010, 12:54:30 AM »
Well... i can see the argument but i wouldn't bash freese...... like seriously. seen this guy drum for Nails twice.... he's a fuckin machine. i'm kind of jealous to those who saw that.

He may be a world-class drummer, but my opinion of that is now overshadowed by the fact he's a world-class douche nozzle.

I'm sure if the opportunity rises again, Josh Freese will not be joining the band on stage again.
Bleeda blooda