September 27, 2024, 09:33:01 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 113198 times)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland in a Bon Jovi music video
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 07:16:19 PM »
If I ran into that guy, and he told me "I played Scott Weiland" I'd break my jaw laughing :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

ReY_LaGartO

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 07:44:24 AM »
I've never seen this video before... by the way, nobody gets pissed off for this video, you know, eddie vedder and scott?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:49:39 AM by ReY_LaGartO »

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 12:14:13 AM »
I'm still killing myself at the baseball in the video.....WTH was that on a string or something? LOL
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

ReY_LaGartO

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 12:17:06 AM »
This is the worst video ive ever seen.
I Think the same

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 12:24:33 AM »
The guy does not even look like Scott Weiland.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

rockdude_unglued519

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 12:59:42 AM »
 I'm sure Axl is probaly not anyone's favorite person here but after watching this video I feel compelled to quote him: " Bon Jovi can suck my dick!" Horrible video and I'm pretty sure most any angry teen would favor the artists parodied over bon jovi. I guess thats the appeal though so bad it's funny
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:09:40 AM by rockdude_unglued519 »

artist151

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
  • Looking for inspiration
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 05:19:26 PM »
My farts are more interesting.  The lack of talent here just proves how far money can get you in the world. 

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Random STP mentions
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 10:04:45 PM »
OK dont know who this is, but he gives some (actually very little) praise about STP.

What records shaped you?

Obviously, Electric Ladyland is one of my all-time favorite   records. When I want to drive my car and really dig on some music, it's   Led Zeppelin's first record, Electric Ladyland, "Beck's Bolero,"   Santana and The Rolling Stones across the board. I love that kind of   music; and those are the staples for me. I love Tommy Bolan too! There's   some good new stuff out there, but it doesn't really do anything for   me. I like Audioslave though and some of the music that's still   considered rock. When you've got Madonna being inducted into the Rock   'N' Roll Hall Of Fame, it makes you wonder about rock 'n' roll, bro. I   like classic old rock and blues rock. Freddy King and Albert King—ZZ Top   is number one on my list though. Billy Gibbons is ridiculous. This is   just my take on music, but if you're asking me if this is rock 'n' roll,   yeah man this is fucking rock 'n' roll. Thank God Slash's new record is   rock 'n' roll. Stone Temple Pilots' new record is rock 'n' roll.   They're real.

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-micki-free/7292702

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
Re: A little STP praise from Micki Fre
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 02:37:03 AM »
Only thing I know about him is that he was part of Prince's crew in Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories:

"Ay yo Shalamar got this new girl, b*tch fine like a muthafu**a!" "They was talkin' bout Micki Free...Micki Free is not a girl"
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Random STP mentions
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »
Just thought Id start a thread where info/links can be posted when STP is mentioned in an article, interview etc.  and starting a thread is unneccessary.

Heres a couple:

References STPs Vaseline
http://http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/2010/07/14/Vaseline-Facebook-Skin-Whitening-App.aspx

Papa Roach article talking about band names:

"Best Band Names Ever: "Stone Temple Pilots is cool. Deftones is a really good one. At a point in time in my life, those were bands that had a huge impact on me, and I always thought they had slick, cool names." "
http://http://www.spin.com/articles/why-theyre-called-papa-roach

"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Random STP mentions
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 12:16:36 AM »
They were mentioned on that show "The Nanny". Someone said something like, "who has a song called Dead & Bloated?". God, I hate that show, but I looked it up just for that part.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 12:49:01 AM »
the Afghan Whigs have a song on their album 1965 that has the following lyrics "sounds like a Stone Temple sob story to me"

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 12:58:08 AM »
11. Deron Williams
Another perfectly good season. Not as good as "Interstate Love Song," but definitely up there with "Vasoline."             http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090415

A sports analyst on ESPN wrote an article that ranked players play during the season.  Easy to say, I found his analysis on Deron Williams interesting.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 02:13:21 AM »
I went hiking yesterday and when I was sitting on top of the mountain overlooking my town, I heard Vasoline playing from somewhere down below.... It was so weird. Not really a mention of STP, but that kinda fits in with this thread. I guess.
Bleeda blooda

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 05:10:55 AM »
There was this series "Z rock" rock band by night, kids band by day. I remember the trailer where they mentioned their influences: Aerosmtih, Led Zeppelin, Stone Temple Pilots, Kiss, AC/DC, Alice in Chains.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"