September 27, 2024, 09:30:53 PM

Author Topic: Random STP mentions  (Read 113197 times)

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Random STP mentions
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:12:44 AM »
According to Rob Thomas:
<!-- m -->http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... public_rss<!-- m -->

Nice to see the guy give Weiland his due. Weiland's "heydey" that he's referring to has got to be from 1999-2002 with STP. The guy was just insane on the stage.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:58:52 PM by Ivy »

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Random STP mentions
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
I remember there being a thread about this (could not find it) but is there really a the nanny episode where stp is somehow involved?
if so, what season or episode or what else happens in the episode? just wondering they're showing these re-runs on tv and there's some episodes on the web, so just thouight it would be cool to see, any1 help?
I had the midwife naked and alone

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: stp on nanny?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »
I remember the episode, STP was not in it, and their music was not played. However, the daughter (if I remember correctly) was fighting with her dad about going to see "STP" and eventually she makes it to the concert venue.
My only exit is a one way out...

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »
Mr. Shefield says something to the effect of "what kind of a band has a song called dead and bloated???"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:55:50 PM »
kinda cool! I didn't know about that... you lost a lot of things with dubbed versions, that's why I always go for subtitles
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
You learn something everyday.

stpfreak

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland in a Bon Jovi music video
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
Does anyone else remember this video?  It was for "Give Me Something for the Pain."  I remember John Sencio talking about it and how the "Weiland" in this video looked like he had been eating too many nachos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aO-A_QVgS4

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but we are moving and I saw I had this CD single and it brought back memories.

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland in a Bon Jovi music video
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
Yep. IMHO even though I like some of Jovi's early work, I think that video is just plain stupid...they're making fun of Courtney, Scott and Eddie Vedder at least.

here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aO-A_QVgS4&feature=fvst
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:32:32 PM by ArnoldLayne »
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

stpfreak

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 08:23:45 PM »
I live in NJ, we are supposed to live and breath Bon Jovi!  There is nothing like being in an NJ dive bar with "Living on a Prayer" playing close to last call.
The video is so stupid and I think they cast everyone on a tight budget.  I always thought it was Bon Jovi trying to be "cool" since all "celebrities" in the video were much more prevalent when the video was released.  It's them trying to relate to the kids.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »
I don't really make it a habit of calling things "gay", but that music video was really gay.  And it's not even b/c they had some SW impersonator, but everyone else in the video, all the awful shots of the band, and horribly awkward bopping everyone was doing throughout the video.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 09:26:52 PM »
John Sencio was always my favorite VJ.  I totally forgot about this video, thanks for bringing back some memories...  

Uber-lame video, though.   :P
Sin make me strong.

stpfreak

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
the video reminds me of something my family did years ago at Macys Herald Square.  We sang "Pretty Woman" against the blue screen.  
John Sencino was my favorite too!  I remember watching him during Blocktoberfest and when the video for "Big Bang Baby" premiered.  Totally worth getting up at 6am to watch.

powernoize

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »
Don't think the Bon Jovi guys were making fun of those artists. The video tries to show that there is room for all types of music in the business. As a matter of fact, Jon is a fan of STP and Pearl Jam.

RGF030

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »
This is the worst video ive ever seen.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 11:43:21 PM »
I think this video is funny! Ya know I have been trying to find this video on youtube for quite sometime actually cause I remember this video with the guy that is impersonating SW. Gotta take it with a grain of salt really. IMO, I think they did a pretty good job at finding guys that look like the artists with them impersonating Courtney Love, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland and Dr. Dre. They didn't do such a good job at someone that looks like Snoop Dogg lol but hey it's a fun video and it's very 90's ya know. It has that 90's Bon Jovi cheese factor written all over it! lol Thanks for the person who posted this video. Nice to look back at this!   :P

O0