September 25, 2024, 02:10:52 PM

Author Topic: Hit Parader - top 100 of the 21st century...  (Read 9930 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Hit Parader - top 100 of the 21st century...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 03:23:56 PM »
As much as we cringe about the Jonas Brothers, at least they can PLAY INSTRUMENTS. Besides, they are more for the kids then anything. So in that case, I don't mind them as much.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

sourgirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 03:53:49 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
As much as we cringe about the Jonas Brothers, at least they can PLAY INSTRUMENTS. Besides, they are more for the kids then anything. So in that case, I don't mind them as much.

Ha, I guess you could have had the same defense for Hanson once upon a time?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »

I'm with you, Scott.  I hate to even use the word, but they're "wholesome."  They were freakin' purity rings, for crying out loud.  At least they're cute, and clean, and [so far] seen to have a positive influence.  :) 

Random Hanson fact - I just read the other day that Taylor is having his FOURTH child.  At 25. 
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

sourgirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 04:42:18 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I'm with you, Scott.  I hate to even use the word, but they're "wholesome."  They were freakin' purity rings, for crying out loud.  At least they're cute, and clean, and [so far] seen to have a positive influence.  :) 

Random Hanson fact - I just read the other day that Taylor is having his FOURTH child.  At 25. 

Ack. I know all three are married.. Does Taylor still look like a girl? ;)
Random fact #2: The MMMBop video was directed by Weird Al

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »
really? I didn't know weird Al directed actual music videos..
the other day I found his song/video parodying Devo and laughed my ass off.

Taylor looks a little girly still. He's gotten pretty cute though. I remember LOATHING hanson with every fibre of my being when they came out, and never admitting to myself that they wrote catchy tunes. They weren't terrible.

The Jonas brothers are so overhyped that I don't even want to know what they sound like. I have an idea of what it might be, and the idea is depressing so I avoid thinking about them. It bugs me when I don't really watch tv or go to malls or anything and I still can't avoid seeing a zillion ads/pictures of miley cyrus and the jonas bros. BLEH!

Oh right, the topic.. Hit Parader! I used to get this magazine regularly a decade or more ago. Every issue said pretty much exactly the same thing about exactly the same bands, but I still bought it (or more often stole.. I thought I was a badass) almost every month. and taped pics up on my wall. I think I stopped when they started writing a lot about Insane Clown Posse and Slipknot.

sourgirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
ICP!
<-- (*hides*) terrified of all manner of clowns

Slipknot is pretty creepy looking.. but I don't mind the songs (sic), Eyeless, and Wait & Bleed.. An ex had me listen to them and.. Ultraspank, who I liked more :)

I've never heard of Hit Parader until this thread actually.. Though I remember BOP and TigerBeat.. etc - I never bought one because I was too busy watching cartoons to care about NKOTB

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 12:27:49 AM »
Quote from: "sourgirl"
Ha, I guess you could have had the same defense for Hanson once upon a time?

Seriously though, Hanson has evolved into a really talented band. I heard a song of theirs sometime back. The station played the song, but DID NOT say who the name of the band was until after it was over. I was shocked.

Well, MMMMMMBop was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overplayed. Interestingly enough, I couldn't tell you the name of a Jonas Brothers tune.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »

So far is the key word. I'm sure they have some sort of supervision. That would be stupid not to have someone watching them, considering those boys are currently sitting on a goldmine.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 07:08:41 PM »
So far is the key word. I'm sure they have some sort of supervision. That would be stupid not to have someone watching them, considering those boys are currently sitting on a goldmine.

I think that's what Big Rob is for.  He's their bodyguard - but I think he's more like a babysitter.  And I know Dad tours with them, too.
Personally, I think they're adorable.  :)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 07:49:40 PM »
I think that's what Big Rob is for.  He's their bodyguard - but I think he's more like a babysitter.  And I know Dad tours with them, too.
Personally, I think they're adorable.  :)

I bet pops is loving it! Shoot, I wouldn't mind riding my kids coattails either :D

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 07:53:48 PM »
I bet pops is loving it! Shoot, I wouldn't mind riding my kids coattails either :D

Haha.  No shit.  Now THAT'S the way to go. 

He doesn't seem as horrible as Mrs. Lohan.  That woman is a freak.  Papa Jonas seems to have a much more level head and some business sense about him.  You never hear anything about Mama Jonas, though...