September 26, 2024, 05:04:36 AM

Author Topic: stp maybe to st upp a new record label  (Read 35609 times)

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Done with Atlantic?
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 11:08:44 PM »
Quote from: "pilothead"
donkey punch

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264 ... _Punch.jpg[/img]

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 02:53:40 AM »
Quote from: "SilvergunSuperman"
That is my wet dream.

wow i can agree with you there haha.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2008, 02:57:44 AM »
Quote from: "IMJ"
That's what I thought too....

I did as well..I can't believe Atlantic doesn't want the STP market.. Its pretty decent right now.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2008, 03:35:47 AM »
The Radiohead route wouldn't be so bad to go. NIN released Ghosts in a similar way and gave away The Slip as a thank you to the fans. I'd like to see STP and other bands go this way (self released) just because it would connect the band and the fans better and give the band more creative freedom.

Jenkinsons

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1246112/
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2008, 05:08:11 AM »
sounds good to me - as long as they eventually also put it out on a physical disc (which NIN is supposed to still do with The Slip).

And oh yeah, thank you for the (unnecessary but totally hilarious) demonstration of "donkey punch".  I didn't know about this one until my students insisted on telling me.  Sounds just like "The Ringer" to me, but less funny than say, "The Faker" or "The Shocker".
If I was stronger I could be a mountain range
If night was longer Could I escape the day?

dog_day_prophet

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »
Yup, sounds like big name bands don't need a label and the marketing machine anymore.  I got The Slip the day Trent Reznor made it available, it was one of my favorite music-acquiring experiences ever.  I really do hope STP goes this route.

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 01:49:25 PM »
I'm sure Atlantic wants STP back - look at the buzz for the band's tour right now. But the question is: is it in the band's best interest to go to Atlantic?

HerdJC

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
I, personally, would be quite content if they did not release another record with Atlantic.  They did a horrible job on the last album.

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2008, 01:59:05 PM »
I like the physicall discs over the downloads as well, but it's nice to hear what you're going to buy. Plus, with the Radiohead thing, I ended up picking up the cd in store for $7.99. A few years back there was talk of cheaper cd prices, but that didn't last. I'm still paying 14.99-16.99 a disc, which is rediculous considering the amout of good albums that have been released as of late. I'm like that though. If someone makes me a copy of a cd and I like it, I'll go out and buy it.
I thought it was cool when STP had SLDD streaming on their site a day or two before the album came out.

remraf

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Record Company Woes
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 12:54:14 AM »
"The suit filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan claims lead singer Scott Weiland and drummer Eric Kretz have threatened to stop performing under their contract and have indicated they would like to end the agreement unless Atlantic makes significant changes."

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNew ... 6220080612

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Record Company Woes
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2008, 01:16:24 AM »
That means THEY WANNA RECORD NEW STP BITCHES!  How the fuck is Eric still under contract with them?  I don't get that.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2008, 01:53:53 AM »
Atlantic better back off, or give in. I can't imagin making an album not for creative reasons, but to fulfill a contract.

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2008, 02:01:29 AM »
Quote from: "JWeber"
Atlantic better back off, or give in. I can't imagin making an album not for creative reasons, but to fulfill a contract.

The typical filth of corporate America.  They see the potential in snagging 1 more record to cash in on the STP name and then holding 2 more over their head that they won't promote.  Filthy fucks that will rot in hell.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2008, 02:35:20 AM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
The typical filth of corporate America.  They see the potential in snagging 1 more record to cash in on the STP name and then holding 2 more over their head that they won't promote.  Filthy fucks that will rot in hell.
AMEN!!!!!! Greedy bastards!! 

Why, so they can promote it as well as they promoted Shangri? Ass HATS!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2008, 02:35:46 AM »
i don't understad.. they are suing because they want control of how many albums they make?? explain please
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫