September 27, 2024, 08:02:45 PM

Author Topic: The fan stp is a misunderstood  (Read 8309 times)

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
The fan stp is a misunderstood
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:53:45 PM »
The fan stp is a misunderstood. All those who love this banda know that we never have been easy. When he left Core were sold as a copy of bands like Pearl Jam or Alice in chains, later with the Purple and having overcome the critical problems scott came to drugs ... then a year without knowing anything until de la band draw Tiny Music, a hard disk, a change that is not liked drawing the criticism with musical tour canceled and the first break of the band
N4 had the problem that scott was in jail shangri i was a little hard supported by its Record

Although not forget that we speak of a band which has sold over 25 million records around the world

STP has something special that other bands do not have ... and really do not know where

I know that all fans at the moment share my feeling, now that it appears that Scott is having trouble again ...

Let's see what happens in the future, but we think that everything will be fine, and eventually the tour will have new disc

Long live STP
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
Re: The fan stp is a misunderstood
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »
Although I did not understand a good portion of this post, I find it oddly profound and well written.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:18:45 PM »
Quote from: "IMJ"
Although I did not understand a good portion of this post, I find it oddly profound and well written.

Same here.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:34:43 PM »
Quote from: "Stop That Pigeon"
Same here.
as i was reading I was really trying to agree...being a superfan...but it is well written
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:20:16 PM »
kazuality is just talking about how STP had a very tough career in the press from Core to Shangri and how the fans had never had it easy. "Core they were known as copycats of Pearl Jam or AIC. Purple, overcame the criticism from the press but Scott went on drugs. Then a year when nothing happened, Tiny Music came and was very different and wasn't accepted by the press including the cancelling of the tour and break of the band. No. 4 Scott was in jail and Shangri La the record label didn't support. But even through all the trouble STP still sold 25 million records around the world and how STP has something special that no other band has."  That's my interpretation on this.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »
sorry my englishj is SHIT
iam from spain, europe  :____________(

is truth the words of Ivy
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:04:03 PM »
Quote from: "kazuality"
sorry my englishj is SHIT
iam from spain, europe  :____________(

is truth the words of Ivy

Don't worry about it...I understood it. :)
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 10:40:48 PM »
You make a good point. I can't tell you how many times I get weird looks when I say STP is my favorite band, usually followed by the "They're Pearl Jam knock offs". Honestly, I've never heard it in the music.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »
Quote from: "JWeber"
You make a good point. I can't tell you how many times I get weird looks when I say STP is my favorite band, usually followed by the "They're Pearl Jam knock offs". Honestly, I've never heard it in the music.

Those people are stuck in 1993. Yeah, I'd like to see Pearl Jam try an album like Tiny Music or Shangri-La Dee Da.

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 10:44:48 PM »
Quote from: "VeiledTrickerySTP"
Those people are stuck in 1993. Yeah, I'd like to see Pearl Jam try an album like Tiny Music or Shangri-La Dee Da.

Exactally. When Tiny Music came out (and still to this day) I'd never heard anything like it. It just blew my mind. To this day, it's one of the CD's that never leaves the player.

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 10:47:14 PM »
Quote from: "kazuality"
The fan stp is a misunderstood. All those who love this banda know that we never have been easy. When he left Core were sold as a copy of bands like Pearl Jam or Alice in chains, later with the Purple and having overcome the critical problems scott came to drugs ... then a year without knowing anything until de la band draw Tiny Music, a hard disk, a change that is not liked drawing the criticism with musical tour canceled and the first break of the band
N4 had the problem that scott was in jail shangri i was a little hard supported by its Record

Although not forget that we speak of a band which has sold over 25 million records around the world

STP has something special that other bands do not have ... and really do not know where

I know that all fans at the moment share my feeling, now that it appears that Scott is having trouble again ...

Let's see what happens in the future, but we think that everything will be fine, and eventually the tour will have new disc

Long live STP

Post of the year material.

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 02:27:30 AM »
I get it.  :)

I agree.  ;D  That is post of the year material.  :-*

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 02:45:38 AM »
I feel that if I would have read this slower I would have got it...ha ha I guess I didn't need the interpretation 
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 04:06:05 AM »
I got it!! Its okay. I understand ur english :)

Yes I agree. STP had it very tough and I think they are VERY underestimated.. They are such an amazing band that alot of people overlooked cuz of the comparisons.. (And all of Scott's battles)
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 04:23:15 AM »
and we are awesome too cuz we are fans