September 27, 2024, 08:13:50 PM

Author Topic: Weakest single  (Read 23548 times)

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
Re: Weakest single
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 07:20:19 AM »
In comparison, and again, I mean in comparison to the rest of the songs released as singles, I'd have to say Big Empty.

There.

I said it.

Now,I like the song a whole hell of a lot, it's just that I like "Wicked Garden" "Plush"  "Sex Type Thing"  "Creep"  "Vasoline"  "Interstate Love Song" "Pretty Penny"       "Big Bang Baby" "Lady Picture Show"  "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" "Tumble In The Rough" "Down"    "Sour Girl" "Heaven & Hot Rods" "No Way Out"    "Hollywood Bitch"  "Days of the Week"  and "All in the Suit That You Wear"  a lot more.

Notice I left off the two covers. I'm only counting STP originals. Otherwise, "Break on Through" would be my pick.

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
In comparison, and again, I mean in comparison to the rest of the songs released as singles, I'd have to say Big Empty.

There.

I said it.

Now,I like the song a whole hell of a lot, it's just that I like "Wicked Garden" "Plush"  "Sex Type Thing"  "Creep"  "Vasoline"  "Interstate Love Song" "Pretty Penny"       "Big Bang Baby" "Lady Picture Show"  "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" "Tumble In The Rough" "Down"    "Sour Girl" "Heaven & Hot Rods" "No Way Out"    "Hollywood Bitch"  "Days of the Week"  and "All in the Suit That You Wear"  a lot more.

Notice I left off the two covers. I'm only counting STP originals. Otherwise, "Break on Through" would be my pick.

Don't forget Revolution in the covers.
And Heaven and Hotrods was a single?

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 07:34:25 AM »
Ahh, I meant three covers. Thanks for catching that.

But yeah, "Heaven & Hotrods" was a single, charting at # 30 on the US Mainstream Rock charts and # 17 on the US Modern Rock charts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temple_Pilots

BrianLev

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 07:40:57 AM »
Heaven and Hotrods was a sick song. It's kind of a pity.. it probably could have done better if Weiland wasn't in jail at that time. But coulda shoulda woulda didn't I suppose.

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
days of the week
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 09:03:57 AM »
Days of the week and i think that all fan of stp know this...i think that the band was wrong in ssdl things...order of the songs, single...could have been best album, i read once that weiland asked to the fans for one album no very comercial
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

FelixKönich

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 09:38:06 AM »
Days of the week was great but I think sour girl was the best single ever!

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 11:23:01 AM »
It's funny that people think big bang baby and sour girl could be stp's weakest singles........if it wasn't for these two songs I wouldn't be a fan!!!!!  They were the first 2 tunes I heard and the first 2 videos I had the pleasure of viewing.  I loved the contrast between them both - the big bang baby video is cheap but delightful, and it shows weiland at his most coolest.  Sour Girl is a great song, and the appearance of geller enhances it.  Of course it has it's odd "tellytubby" moments.

My weakest single...........and i'm going to get lynched for this would be "plush" or "creep."

Shagin

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 04:13:28 PM »
I never understood all the Days of the Week hate. I think it fits perfectly with the album, the music video rules, the promo video ruled. Speaking of the video, doesn't this picture from the Columbus show look like it?

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2008 ... Al7ExMcg--[/img]

To get back on topic, how about Revolution, if only we could have had more original music instead of that.

mrzod1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
Are you seriously asking why the Days of the Week hate?  I mean even if you like it you should be able to see why others don't.  Maybe I'm wrong.  If I am, I apologize most deeply.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:29:40 PM by mrzod1 »

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »
DOTW, no question.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 05:07:25 PM »
Quote from: "Five Star Edge"
DOTW, no question.

Yep

EclecticBohemian

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »
I liked DOTW, 'til I heard it a million times!  I know a lot of people that don't like "All In the suit..."  I liked it, maybe it's because I knew when it came out-it was the end.  Maybe I just hanged onto it out of denial.
Know what I\'m thinking?  No?  Neither do I!  ;Þ

BrianLev

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »
Quote from: "EclecticBohemian"
I liked DOTW, 'til I heard it a million times!  I know a lot of people that don't like "All In the suit..."  I liked it, maybe it's because I knew when it came out-it was the end.  Maybe I just hanged onto it out of denial.

People always have unreasonable expectations for left over songs that get released as singles. Remember "You Know You're Right" by Nirvana and everyone expected the next "Smells Like Teen Spirit"? I mean c'mon judge it for what it is, not what you think it should represent, right?

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
Quote from: "Shagin"
I never understood all the Days of the Week hate. I think it fits perfectly with the album, the music video rules, the promo video ruled.

I think DOTW fits much better then Coma or Dumb Love did on SLDD.

That doesn't make it a good song though :)

All joking aside, I never had an issue with the tune. It grew on me. I really like the video too.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »
Well, if we're going to go with a single that's a poor representative of the album, I think I'd have to go with Trippin'. It's the only straight up rock song off of Tiny Music....

And I love Days of the Week, and I can't really grasp a dislike for it. But then again I'm a post Shangri STP fan, so I wasn't there to expect a rock song and get pop, and go "What thw fuck?!".
Grab the hate and drown it out...