September 27, 2024, 08:03:15 PM

Author Topic: New Interviews, etc.  (Read 5030 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
New Interviews, etc.
« on: May 15, 2008, 07:58:40 PM »
So, obviously Rik posted two new interviews.

I love that Eric and Dean have been more vocal than they have been in the past - usually they leave the talking to W or Robby.  When I saw Eric TALKING on the new video at .com I almost died - he usually limits his responses to one or two sentences.  I am so, so in love with how THEY are so in love with being back together.

Two more days.  !!!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Sweetbitter......Double Edged Sword
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »
There's no one that can possibly be more excited that STP is back together than I am.  When press starting circulating with the info that they were reforming alot of people were happy for me cause they know STP has been my favorite band for a long time.  I was fortunate enough to be in the crowd for the Houdini gig.  It was awesome.  Can't wait for the Hollywood Bowl Show and am trying to figure out how to make it down to the San Diego gig as well.

I just finished reading all three interviews w/ Dean, Robert and Eric that have been posted and I gotta say I'm concerned these guys aren't going to make it through this tour.  And making a new album....................well I'm not holding my breath. 

It just seems like these guys perspective is questionable.  Scott is definately not in top form right now.  They all seem to be looking for a pay day.  Doesn't appear to be the best circumstances to be reforming. 

I suppose I'd rather have a f'd up STP going through the motions getting by day to day than nothing. 

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Interviews, etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:10:17 AM »
im actually going to disagree there. A "mail it in" type show would be highly disappointing. I expect a lot out of STP... there's a reason why they're my favorite band. Do I expect them to deliver the best performance of all time? No. But I'd be lying if I said it would be acceptable to watch Scott go through the motions and butcher the songs.

Imagine Michael Jordan coming back to the NBA now. Do you think people would say "at least we got to see Jordan play"... no way. He'd be getting schooled on and it would tarnish his legacy. There comes a time were it's better to just hang it up. That being said, I still believe STP is capable of putting together a killer tour and a killer album. Scott's effort on the 2nd VR album was passable, and I imagine he'll be more inspired by STP. Most of my issues were with his lyrics and layers... but his voice on the record was solid, and that's the most recent reference we have -- so I'm still optimistic.

That said, I thought the band sounded extremely tight in the Houdini/Kimmel shows and I thought Weiland sounded pretty bad. Not awful, but pretty bad. Hopefully he can keep it together on this tour. One thing we should all know by now is that Scott is a free spirit and that part of loving him is accepting the flaws in him. He's not reliable and we have no idea what to expect. The flipside of this concern is he could show up and blow all of our minds.

Joshua

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 12:58:33 AM »
I thought Scott's vocals didn't sound great (I went to the Kimmel Show). At the same time though they weren't so awful that I'm really concerned. The band was fantastic and I think with more passing shows that Scott's voice will probably sound better and better. I'm hoping anyway.

smoofcool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 10:26:36 AM »
yea scotts voice should be better soon.

stpfan94

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 01:37:46 AM »
Scott's voice was awesome at the Charlotte show! He never sounded this good.
Still shackled to the shadow, still shackled to the shadow...