September 25, 2024, 02:02:46 PM

Author Topic: Positve critic  (Read 10465 times)

gizallinyabiz

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Positve critic
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 01:39:29 AM »
Kurt Cobain had "it" masses were drawn to him...plus it helped that nirvanas songs were played all the time....and Kurt didnt kill himself...come on everyone knows that...you might be able to say that musically Foo Fighters are better than Nirvana but they could make one hundred albums and never come close to them overall...and Alice in Chains now is like Velvet Revolver now...bullshit as i smack the table

Oh and STP is the shit

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »
I've always thought Nirvana was overrated... but not as overrated as GNR.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
I've always thought Nirvana was overrated... but not as overrated as GNR.

I was never a big Nirvana fan. I have Nevermind and In Utero. Havn't really picked them up in a long time. I own them because they are essential to a 90s music collection I suppose.

There is a ton of hype for both bands. Them being classified by some as overrated is inevitable.

I really prefer the Use Your Illusion albums to Appetite as far as GNR goes. Much more diverse and more on the creative side.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
There is a ton of hype for both bands. Them being classified by some as overrated is inevitable.

True. I like some of GnR's stuff and, certainly, they were a breath of fresh air when they came on the scene. Nirvana, I have to live with because my wife loves them...c'est la vie!

Wicked Gardener

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »
Quote from: "gizallinyabiz"
and Kurt didnt kill himself...come on everyone knows that...

That's news to me, my friend.

In any event, the article posted was certainly a breath of fresh air. Back in the day it just seemed like the "cool thing to do" was bash STP if you were in the media. Pretty lame if you ask me.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Quote from: "tatiana"
this is going to sound harsh but - nirvana wouldn't be held to such a high standard if cobain was still alive. it takes more to carry on in the music business than to become the "beloved" martyr.

That's debatable. I'm curious what would have happened though. There wouldn't have been a Foo Fighters. I think that if he were still alive, they would have split at one point, then got back together for a HUGE reunion.

But back to your original point, I think he still would have been held in a high regard as the man who ushered in the era of grunge. You can't that away from him and his band. I'm curious where they would have gone musically.

As much as I like Nirvana, I don't think they'd be as popular after grunge died out. People would get tired of them quickly. Especially after post-grunge bands came out.