September 27, 2024, 05:50:47 PM

Author Topic: Is Scott a little too "mouthy"??  (Read 13888 times)

MAZZA26

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Is Scott a little too "mouthy"??
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:12 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I love that W runs his mouth.  I love that he never even attempts to censor himself or hold back.  I love that he starts petty fights for seemingly no reason.  I love that he rarely apologizes.

I've always loved the bad boy.  The confrontational dude.  The guy that's always getting into fights.

And he's funny as hell - drunk, high, or sober. 

Wow!! If every girl on the planet was like you I would be lonely and single!! lol!!  I'm sure it wasn't meant to be taken all that literally, but you make an interesting point.

To be fair I can see why girls are attracted to the sort of mysterious, good looking, charasmatic rock star kind of character - i.e weiland - although I actually think he isn't the guy that starts fights for no reason.  There is a massive difference between people who go round starting fights thinking they are bigger and better than every one else - almost like they have a massive chip on their shoulders (even though generally they are with the best looking women), to those who go about their life without trying to cause trouble, yeah maybe for themselves or with their circle of people/friends if you know what I mean, maybe have a laugh - booze, drugs whatever - I don't care - that's great - the problem I have is when people go around starting fights with people they don't know - that may be kind of "sexy" or whatever, but it won't be when he one day picks on the wrong guy and gets his head smashed to bits!! Then he won't be looking sexy!! (of course you might be a fan of scars!!)

So i think weiland is a fairly placid guy, he isn't all that built anyhow so fighting wouldn't be his first choice of action, but of course he likes to stand up for what he believes in and takes no sh*t, that's a massive difference compared to a guy who goes around acting like, well what you americans would say "a jerk"!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 05:31:59 PM »
Quote from: "Jason"
I tried the VR board for a little while, but I realized that I dislike GnR fans almost more than I dislike GnR so it was short-lived for me. Other than that I'm logged on AIM every day and according to my messenger I last saw you online about 2 weeks ago.

...and probably by accident.  I don't do the messanger thing very often anymore - I have to be very, very bored.  My online activities usually involve me checking my mail and hanging out here like a lameass.  GnR fans are scarey.  You should have just stuck with us =D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 05:49:12 AM »
hey...I'm insulted :P I'm a GNR fan...but I have to admit they aren't the greatest fan group. Why do you think they're scary though?

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »
Quote from: "wild_eyes"
hey...I'm insulted :P I'm a GNR fan...but I have to admit they aren't the greatest fan group. Why do you think they're scary though?

Maybe she was referring to 'die-hard' GNR fans. I'm sure someone on the outside looking in would see some of us die-hard STP fans in the same light.

But, if the fans she were referring to worshiped Axl Rose, then I would be scared. Honestly, I don't know if I would be scared or just sorry for them.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »
Ya those Axlites are fucking scary! I just don't understand those people. It's one thing to love a band and the music they make (I'm clearly a Duff fan) but when you worship someone like Axl? I just don't get it. I'm just lucky enough to be a fan of a lot of bands that don't really mix from grunge to hard rock to punk. Sometimes it's a blessing and sometimes it's a curse. Like what happened with VR...for some reason it seems like you can't be an STP and GNR fan...it's one of the other. A little bothersome at times.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »
Quote from: "wild_eyes"
Like what happened with VR...for some reason it seems like you can't be an STP and GNR fan...it's one of the other. A little bothersome at times.

I'm a fan of both. Obviously, I'm a die-hard STP fan and I'm a casual GNR fan. I own all the GNR, with Use Your Illusion I being my favorite.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

wild_eyes

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »
awesome! It's rare to meet a fan of both bands now. I own all GNR and all STP to...I couldn't pick a favourite album. That's just cruel...:D

linkster

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »
Yes he is except when comes to thanking the fans by saying Thank You,SHOWING UP ON TIME  WHEN SOBER

thewicke

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 12:54:39 AM »
he's got a little bit of tattoos and attitudes going on for sure, but he falls well short of axl

Tol

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2008, 08:28:25 AM »
I just believe that Scott got personality! that's all!
take a load off

gnrdestructx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
when he does get mouthy its usually the truth anyways hehe

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008, 09:37:45 PM »
For as much as I love the man  , he is mouthy and sometimes comes off as a little two cocky. Its almost as if he always has a chip on his shoulder. However out of the public eye he seems like he could be a good guy.

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 12:53:32 AM »
i dont think so. and if he is i believe he has a right to be. he is a very talented and accomplished musician. plus im just thrilled he is back with stp
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

AdhesiveLove27

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
I'm assuming that since this is in the VR section and not the Scott section that we are talking about the comments he made after he quit VR..

I think he is a bit mouthy at times but its completly understandable.. It could be his bi-polar disorder. I know at times it can make you enraged.. So that ontop of an angering stiuation could make things worse..

This whole VR deal was just fucked up.. I happen to love both STP & VR so i'm not bias as to one side or another.. But i would have to say the way they treated Scott on the last tour and then went out and admited it made me change the way I think about the other guys .. Especially Slash.. So there's your awnser.. Scott is mouthy.. but so is nearly every other musician.
\\\"If You Don\\\'t Stop Thinkin\\\' Soon You Will Be Drinkin\\\' And You\\\'re Better Off Just Stay

xguitarplayerxx

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 01:59:58 AM »
i like scotts mouthyness
and the fact that he isnt afraid to tell the truth even tho it tends to get him into trouble