September 27, 2024, 05:44:38 PM

Author Topic: Is Scott a little too "mouthy"??  (Read 13886 times)

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
Is Scott a little too "mouthy"??
« on: April 05, 2008, 01:44:17 AM »
I think so, I think he flies off the handle a little too much.. always has really.  and I guess, while I don't like that side of him, I can respect it, because he was always done it.. it's who he is.  I just hate how VR ended, with the back and forth in the media, the back and forth press releases, etc.  Here's to hoping STP gets back together and stays together as a band, as friends.
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Is Scott a little too "mouthy"??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 02:04:34 AM »
As a near 40-something myself, I find it refreshing when an artist defies time & the tides of sentimentality to remain true to himself, temperament and all.

As far as the band goes, clearly they worked this stuff out way back before we knew about it - in all honesty, I think it will work out just fine.

everylilwhore

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:23:04 AM »
Quote from: "KingSnake"
I think so, I think he flies off the handle a little too much.. always has really.  and I guess, while I don't like that side of him, I can respect it, because he was always done it.. it's who he is.  I just hate how VR ended, with the back and forth in the media, the back and forth press releases, etc.  Here's to hoping STP gets back together and stays together as a band, as friends.

I agree, but there is also a bit of the disease he has that comes into play here as well. He suffers from some mental things, that I have become accustomed to, and with my wife being a mental health therapist (yes, free therapy for me), I really feel like it is a part of what is going on in his head with the chemical imbalance and stuff.

I personally have had some issues that I have dealt with, and even with medication...etc, it is still in one's nature that when you are backed into any sort of corner, or in any manic state of mind that things can get really chaotic (especially when they are already in disarray) and cause you to say and do things that you might not have done (but in your head and heart, most likely believe some or most of what you are saying or doing).

It is fucked up and I have learned a lot about myself over the last few years, but I still can fly off the handle, lose my cool or just plain act like a complete moron/retard from time to time when I lose myself.

I respect the hell out of Mr. Weiland for what he has gone through, and I personally think that the other members in VR should know better. Slash is a total douchebag and always has been.

Weiland's parting shot about who should replace him is easily one of his best quotes ever.

blink706

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 04:44:07 AM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
I agree, but there is also a bit of the disease he has that comes into play here as well. He suffers from some mental things, that I have become accustomed to, and with my wife being a mental health therapist (yes, free therapy for me), I really feel like it is a part of what is going on in his head with the chemical imbalance and stuff.

I personally have had some issues that I have dealt with, and even with medication...etc, it is still in one's nature that when you are backed into any sort of corner, or in any manic state of mind that things can get really chaotic (especially when they are already in disarray) and cause you to say and do things that you might not have done (but in your head and heart, most likely believe some or most of what you are saying or doing).

It is fucked up and I have learned a lot about myself over the last few years, but I still can fly off the handle, lose my cool or just plain act like a complete moron/retard from time to time when I lose myself.

I respect the hell out of Mr. Weiland for what he has gone through, and I personally think that the other members in VR should know better. Slash is a total douchebag and always has been.

Weiland's parting shot about who should replace him is easily one of his best quotes ever.

I agree with you, sometimes I start to act like a fucking retard.
I respected Slash when he was GNR, but in VR he got so ego crazy
Also, Weiland said the best closing statement I have ever seen.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:34:17 AM »

"The illustrious Guitar Hero" bit did it for me.  Since Slash has become so sellout and I see that commercial everyday.  The end quote was amazing as well

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »
I thought you were all talking about the "don't be fooled by veiled trickery" line.

Which was THE BEST.
I've used it in normal conversation everyday since it was printed! LOL

As a near 40-something myself, I find it refreshing when an artist defies time & the tides of sentimentality to remain true to himself, temperament and all.

I agree.
These types of "rants" are nothing new for Scott. I love a good "wrath of Weiland" every now and again....
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »
I love that W runs his mouth.  I love that he never even attempts to censor himself or hold back.  I love that he starts petty fights for seemingly no reason.  I love that he rarely apologizes.

I've always loved the bad boy.  The confrontational dude.  The guy that's always getting into fights.

And he's funny as hell - drunk, high, or sober. 
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

everylilwhore

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 07:44:26 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I love that W runs his mouth.  I love that he never even attempts to censor himself or hold back.  I love that he starts petty fights for seemingly no reason.  I love that he rarely apologizes.

I've always loved the bad boy.  The confrontational dude.  The guy that's always getting into fights.

And he's funny as hell - drunk, high, or sober. 

I think everyone would love him to be sober....

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 04:58:43 AM »
Wait a minute....Sean and STPGurl in the same thread? It's like 2001 all over again! Can Rik, Erik, Silbergun Superman, etc please post in here too?

LOL

Hope you are both doing well. I don't think I have talked to either of you in about five years.

On a side note...can STP throw me a bone and play Myrtle Beach House of Blues on a Friday or Saturday? Please? I said this in another thread...but I can't wait until Monday.

If not, I will take Charlotte, NC on any day of the week.

everylilwhore

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 06:38:12 AM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
Wait a minute....Sean and STPGurl in the same thread? It's like 2001 all over again! Can Rik, Erik, Silbergun Superman, etc please post in here too?

LOL

Hope you are both doing well. I don't think I have talked to either of you in about five years.

On a side note...can STP throw me a bone and play Myrtle Beach House of Blues on a Friday or Saturday? Please? I said this in another thread...but I can't wait until Monday.

If not, I will take Charlotte, NC on any day of the week.

Where are you these days man? Still in NC?

5 years? Jesus. Where the hell has life gone. I have lived in 3 different states in 3 years, but I think we are finally getting settled down here in Orange County, but man this state rapes anyone who lives here on a daily basis....

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »
Where are you these days man? Still in NC?

5 years? Jesus. Where the hell has life gone. I have lived in 3 different states in 3 years, but I think we are finally getting settled down here in Orange County, but man this state rapes anyone who lives here on a daily basis....

Tell me about it. I was with a buddy of mine when we visited his cousin a few years ago, and I could not believe the cost of living down there. Nice place, but damn.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

everylilwhore

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 12:36:47 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Tell me about it. I was with a buddy of mine when we visited his cousin a few years ago, and I could not believe the cost of living down there. Nice place, but damn.

With the housing market getting drilled, houses are MUCH more affordable here than they were a few years ago, but compared to some other places in the country, it is still a joke.

Boston is just as bad though, so eff the east coast. Never going back there.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 01:16:24 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"

I live in Orange County, it's beautiful, but condos cost 400 grand, place I live in is a million but it's not some mansion.  The economy's going downhill so prices are going down though.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

everylilwhore

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 01:50:30 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I live in Orange County, it's beautiful, but condos cost 400 grand, place I live in is a million but it's not some mansion.  The economy's going downhill so prices are going down though.

Yeah, my wife and I are holding out a little bit longer, then I think we are going to pull the trigger and buy something. We love it down here. It is much quieter than when we lived up in Pasadena, and no where near as expensive. Cleaner, people are more chill and not as many egos down here to deal with.

Where do you live in OC? We are in Irvine.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »
I didn't know you left Vegas, Sean.  Look at you - livin' it up in the OC!

And what's up, LWH?!  Long time no see.  Ha ha - you should head over to the "oldschool members" topic - I don't think Sean posted there, but there's pleanty of old-timers coming out of the woodwork!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!