September 27, 2024, 07:32:25 PM

Author Topic: How Did You Get Into Stp  (Read 20497 times)

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
How Did You Get Into Stp
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:10:45 PM »
How did you get into STP?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 10:41:39 PM by Nathantok7 »
The lunatic, is on the grass.

Anonymous

Re: How Did You Get Into Stp
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 02:54:35 AM »
one day i decided to listen to No Way Out and then from there i listened to all their other songs

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 06:15:31 AM »
Radio @ first, when I was a wee lil' girl. Then in 96/97 I was taking karate, and we'd go over to my friend's house (her dad was the teacher) and listen to Tiny Music. I was hooked ever since.

STP was a part of my growing up.  :)

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 07:43:45 AM »
Sex-Type-Thing and plush (aloing with the half of the album that got radio play) made me buy core tape.  The tape wearing out made me buy the cd.  The cd wearing out made me buy another cd.  Needless to say, I love this cd.  The rest has been down hill for me (with the exception of a few incredible songs such as atlanta.)
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

Orbital199

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 04:53:26 PM »
I grew up with STP and followed all of their albums as they came out. They're one of the few bands that always made me go to the store on cd release dates. They were my favorite reason to be a consumer whore. I first got into core and the rest is history.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 01:41:18 AM »
I heard Sex Type Thing

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 11:49:10 PM »
I heard Plush on the TV one day. It was either the video or one of those commercials that totally rip you off selling the CD for $17. I didn't think much of it. Then The Crow came out in theaters and I totally dug Big Empty. I loved the song. Then a few weeks later, the day the Purple album was released, I bought it when I was in San Diego on vacation.

The rest as they say, is history..
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 12:23:43 AM »
I saw Pensive posted No Way Out Mp3 after that I became a Fan.
Hahaha.
:P

No, I became a Fan in 95/ 96. Apparently Scott was having couple of encounters with the Police, which made me laugh about the poor guy. Than without knowing it I heard Sexy Type Thing on someones car, I liked it, than I heard Creep the same week. I went to purchase the album and with that at hand that moment alone saved me from making a Rap Band.  :lol:
I bought that album three times, I bought #4 two times, and I have a couple of their Promos since becoming a Fan. Though I never saw them Live due to the fact that I had other stuff on my agenda.

pensive

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 08:21:01 PM »
I saw Pensive posted No Way Out Mp3 after that I became a Fan.

Glad to see I've converted someone else to the religion ;)
Now go out door to door and fill your quota.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 12:07:26 AM »
The Crow.

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 02:44:09 AM »
Interstate Love Song
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:44:19 AM by walkingarazor »

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 03:53:39 PM »
I was really little and i hear Plush on the radio and I was hooked... This is when i was 7.. Almost Ten years ago.. So many moons later my dad helped me order a cd of the computer... He thought it was Purple but it was really No.4... and I was hooked on it..

deerenee26

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deerenee26
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 01:26:16 AM »
ILS came on the radio today at work and so I cranked it so I could hear it over the machinery.  I remember the first time I saw the video.  I was laying in bed eating Oreos and milk when it came on.  As soon as Scott started to sing, I fell in love with him and them.  It really is a great song and it's one that mellows me out if I've had a long day or something's getting to me it gives me time to reflect.

Just thought I'd share.  Plus I'm sure everyone has had a moment where they're like, "them, I love them, as of right now I'm an STP fan."

So, do tell.

NovaAngel19

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 03:38:25 AM »
i fell in love with the band in 1993, when i heard 'Plush' for the first time.  i really started liking new music when Nirvana came out in 1991 ... but when 'Plush' came out, i was totally in awe of the band.  i was only in third grade at the time, and that song stuck with me for seven years until i finally bought 'Core' in 2000.  and the rest is just history ...

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 07:40:57 AM »
I was like a sophmore or so in high school when the whole "alternative revolution" came about and, until then, I was all into the hair bands of the period and all the new music was like a breath of fresh air. It was like our sixties. I jumped in head-first and never looked back. It was amazing whole honest and real the music was. STP was like our Led Zeppelin and I still hold them up with the all-time great bands like the Beatles, Stones, Who, Zeppelin, etc.