September 27, 2024, 07:04:05 PM

Author Topic: So, what the hell happened?  (Read 5194 times)

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: So, what the hell happened?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 06:15:50 PM »
Damn, felt like a family member dying...only for him/her come back!! Sweet times, thanks
I had the midwife naked and alone

blackagain

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 05:13:40 PM »
Wow! We are back! Great news. Thank You Rik for all that you do for us with this site. I appreciate it as I'm sure many others do. Again, so glad this site is back up & running.

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 08:14:49 AM »
Rik, I appreciate you ; appreciate you keeping the site up. There is a bank of things stored here that I would hate to lose access to. I genuinely appreciate it, man. Best wishes to all.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 04:37:15 PM »
Cool to see this is back.. Thanks Rik
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 09:30:26 PM »
Rik-
Can you be any more specific on why it went down?  Curious to know what happened.  If you can't/prefer not to say that's OK, too. 

Glad it's back.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 05:24:29 PM »
There were some rumblings as to the reasons for this in one of the better STP groups on Facebook. Glad to have this place back though. Thank you Rik.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2020, 08:45:35 PM »
There were some rumblings as to the reasons for this in one of the better STP groups on Facebook. Glad to have this place back though. Thank you Rik.

Care to elaborate or point me to source?

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2020, 10:31:29 PM »
I'm interested to know if it was legal stuff. If it was a personal issue, then I don't need to know.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2020, 02:42:39 AM »
Ok folks, Rik clearly is not allowed to, or does not feel the need to talk. Totally respect that.

So let’s do what we have been doing at a world-class level for over 20 years: speculate and make up wild things.

Take this with a grain of salt, a bit of humor and a tad of reality all jammed together. Anything that looks like it is stated as a fact below is totally in my head and I wanted to unleash it onto the STP world.

Without further ado, Long Way Home’s totally made up theory, entitled “Stone Temple Pilots: delighting fans since 1992 and punking them since about 1996”

—-STP pays Rik to keep this site going. It’s a great investment for them because their site stinks and the real fans are here. That is why things had cranked up on the site within the last year or so.

—-When STPs launch of Perdida crashed because of Jeff’s “back” cough “problems” cough, they decided to get cheap and pull their deal. Rik, understandably, said heck with this, pulled the site and had me huddled in the corner crying for 90+ days waiting for the site to come back. Totally get that move by Rik.

—-By the way, Jeff was in drug or alcohol rehab. Boy, I hope I am wrong. He looked great in San Diego last Fall. But sorry STP, I don’t believe back problems, vocal rest or any other BS you throw my way. Not going to be able to ever do it. I still love you. I think you are incredible. You still get my money. But I don’t believe you. Plus he looked like hell in one of the video interviews he did with Robert about Perdida.

—-STP is just forever doomed. They missed being able to blame their cancellations on COVID by like four weeks. It is hilarious, and a perfect microcosm for their career and our fan experience.

—-By the way, Perdida is cool. They did a nice job. Jeff was on drugs. Those two things are not related, but this is fun.

—-STP finally came to their senses and decided to reengage Rik with their previously agreed to deal. Whatever they are paying him is probably one-fifth of the value of Rik’s work. Once they started paying again, Ta-da — Below Empty is back online.

—-If that’s what is and did happen, good for Rik. He deserves it!

—-If it was some Mary BS like people have said, that is really short sighted on her and her idiot lawyers part. Below Empty is about the only place keeping her kids’ father’s legacy alive. Rik should probably get 1/100th of every STP royalty dollar. Just saying.

—-If Brendan O’Brien is the fifth member of the original STP, Rik is the sixth.

—-Back to Jeff: He seems like a good dude. No, he’s not Scott, blah blah blah, but more importantly he puts on a hell of a live show, is on time, and seems to respect fans except for this bout with drugs or alcohol that killed that intimate theatre tour in February.

—-I hope they bring back that theatre tour idea. I was pumped for that and already had a ticket for the Los Angeles show.

Hope you enjoyed!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 02:55:40 AM by Long Way Home »

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 06:01:33 AM »
I don’t believe Jeff is on drugs because if he was his lyrics would be waaaay more interesting and creative... ;D
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 04:35:59 PM »
Seems like the reason was personal and Rik doesn't wish to go into details.  He owes us nothing we should be thankful the site and it's resources are still here and just move on.