June 26, 2024, 02:57:39 PM

Author Topic: Perdida Listening Party & Chat with the band  (Read 4538 times)

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Perdida Listening Party & Chat with the band
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2019, 01:05:16 AM »
Wow. Jeff and Robert each answered a question of mine.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 02:01:16 AM »
Cool to see Rob and Jeff answer some questions!  I was on the "listening party" for some time but just heard Fare Thee Well on repeat. Did they ever play anything new?
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 02:10:52 AM »
Might be hearing Wonderful, The Art of Letting Go, and possibly Samba Nova on the tour.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 04:07:37 AM »
you can't listen to a re-run of it can you?

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 04:34:51 AM »
What songs were played?

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2019, 01:49:50 PM »
What songs were played?

While I was in the listening party ~20 minutes and checking back sporadically afterwards, they just had Fare Thee Well on repeat
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »
The Spotify playlist has 16 instances of FTW on it. That’s what played for premium users.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2019, 06:03:21 PM »
The Spotify playlist has 16 instances of FTW on it. That’s what played for premium users.
Quite the listening party, STP!  I could've just opened another tab in Youtube and played the song on repeat.  What a perk for being a premium Spotify user! (sarcasm)
At least they answered fan questions.

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »

-facepalms-

Do you remember when Tiny Music launched? I remember clearly hanging out with a buddy of mine and listening to the radio special where they played the entire album in a listening party maybe a few days before the album dropped in stores. I think it was Rockline, or Modern Rock Live, or one of those Matt Pinfield radio shows. I don't recall.

Now they play the same song on repeat 16 times.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »
Quite the listening party, STP!  I could've just opened another tab in Youtube and played the song on repeat.  What a perk for being a premium Spotify user! (sarcasm)

Totally forgot about this yesterday, just looked back at the chat at I only see answers to three questions. Did they speak on the spotify element of this or am I missing something?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »
Blue,It was a live chat with active responses from the band, they definitely answered more questions that what is currently listed in that chat log.  That chat log is all screwed up.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2019, 07:35:46 PM »

-facepalms-

Do you remember when Tiny Music launched? I remember clearly hanging out with a buddy of mine and listening to the radio special where they played the entire album in a listening party maybe a few days before the album dropped in stores. I think it was Rockline, or Modern Rock Live, or one of those Matt Pinfield radio shows. I don't recall.

Now they play the same song on repeat 16 times.

Yeah, I recorded it on cassette. That was a more innocent time when you didn't have to worry about mass piracy. Minute long samples of a few songs would have been enough. One local LA station at the time, KLOS, aired those album release things on Sunday nights. Albums came out on Tuesdays, so I honestly can't remember if it was just two days early or if it was 9 days early. Either way, I have a distinct memory of shooting hoops after school in the gym at the school my dad taught at while listening to that album early on tape. I also have the memory in my dad's car of opening up the CD case and seeing the beach ball disc for the first time. And of course that brings back memories of opening all the CDs I bought for the first time, the liner notes, what graphic was on the CD, the smell, the liner notes, and slipping them into the DiscMan for the first time. Man, things are so different. Anyway....

There is a basic sales rule: underpromise and overdeliver or, at the very least, never promise more than you can deliver.

It's great they are trying and it's great they answered questions. The time of day and repeating the same song still needs work.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2019, 08:11:07 PM »
can anyone recap what was asked and how they responded?

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2019, 09:46:54 PM »

Totally forgot about this yesterday, just looked back at the chat at I only see answers to three questions. Did they speak on the spotify element of this or am I missing something?

They did answer a lot of questions but seemed to avoid answering a lot of non Perdida related inquires.  They didn't answer my questions about the SLDD documentary, double-album, or Tiny Music 25 set :/

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 10:42:43 PM »
I left about 30 minutes after it started, but luckily I still had my browser page open, so I was able to copy paste these following questions that were asked.  Any questions asked afterwards I can't access.
-------------------------------

@Cindyhatfield

Jeff which song on Perdida flowed the easiest lyrically for you?

revelationmgmtI would have to say Sunburst because it came to me in a moment and I wrote it in undr 10 minutes. - JG

@june.vine

Any chance some songs off Perdida might make it into the setlist for the Australian tour?

revelationmgmtMaybe, we'll have to see how it plays out!

@scrumpbiscuit

Robert, what action do you set your basses to? Is it low action so you get buzz like Squire from Yes, or more like Jamerson high action

revelationmgmtHigh action because I play way too hard! - RD

@John Menchaca

With you guys releasing an all out beautiful mellow record is it too soon to anticipate a heavy record after this one?

revelationmgmtThis record is just a moment in time, not necessarily the direction of the band. It's just a way for us to collect our thoughts and emotios during this time, so for the next record we will do the same thig and see where that leads us. - RD.

@Shannon

RD what is the most sentimental/most emotionally valued instrument you own?

revelationmgmtThey all have a place in my heart, but it's the one that best expresses my feelings at the moment. - RD.

@Emily Paine

Hi Jeff! Do you feel like your role expanded between the 2018 album and Perdida? And how so?

revelationmgmtduring the 2018 record I was still really auditioning for the band. It's always different knowing that yur role is solidified. - JG

@Guilherme Budri

Q: How did u get the idea for the album cover?

revelationmgmtIt's a photo that Dean came across. He knew that would be the album cover once he saw it.

@GuttFann

How do you relax and de-stress on the road?

revelationmgmtI fish and I try to eat right. - RD. Room service and pajama pants! - JG.

@wackotheinsane

What about this tour (that's different from your more conventional tours) are you all most excited about?

revelationmgmtI think the intimacy is the biggest difference. That's very appealing to us. We're looking forward to that the most

@Fes Russell

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

revelationmgmtIn too many places, but since there's only one of me California covers it as well as it can. - RD

@GuttFann

Have a very Merry Christmas! Love ya all. Can’t wait for next year.

revelationmgmtMerry Christmas to you as well! - JG.

@Morgan

How long has the idea been in the works for a more acoustic album? What led to Jeff’s 2nd album being the right time?

revelationmgmtLife led us to expressing ourselves in this way. Being together a lot we tend to share and experience the same feelings and emotions. So it happened very naturalky. - RD.

@tomararuth

How many instruments were used on the album?

revelationmgmtWe used many different kinds of acoustic instruments. Gibsons, Martins, etc, every acoustic vintage instrument we own was used on the record.

@Lauren Alvarez

Hey!!! Will you guys be performing The Art Of Letting Go on the Perdida tour? :) .

revelationmgmtYes Lauren we are.

@EZ

Will the show be set up any different than tours of the past? Would you consider a round tabled cocktail or intimate round seating option?

revelationmgmtWe are going to have extra instrumentalists, yes, so we very well might do a round seating option if thats the best way to do it.