September 27, 2024, 05:00:42 PM

Author Topic: Scott's Estate  (Read 2663 times)

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
Scott's Estate
« on: April 16, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's Estate
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 06:10:42 PM »
Feel terrible for the people he left behind.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 06:15:58 PM »
I feel like he just gave up in the final couple years. Now others are left picking up the pieces.

I wish Blaster had been a much bigger financial success for him, but that could have just made it all worse.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:17:36 PM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 04:03:43 AM »
I feel like he just gave up in the final couple years. Now others are left picking up the pieces.

I wish Blaster had been a much bigger financial success for him, but that could have just made it all worse.

It really seems like it. Sucks to know that he was in such a bad position, mentally and professionally with the declining interest in his shows at the end.

Just a damn sad story.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 05:07:40 AM »
Sad to see shit like this
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 06:29:20 PM »
I feel really sorry for Mary. She's taken so much shit from Scott's fans, now here she is trying to pickup the pieces of his shattered life so there will actually be something for him to leave his kids. But from the sound of things, Noah and Lucy aren't going to inherit a single penny from their dad.

Meanwhile, Jaimie wants nothing to do with Scott now that Mary settled his debt to her.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 08:26:05 PM »
Meanwhile, Jaimie wants nothing to do with Scott now that Mary settled his debt to her.

Is that true?

STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
Such a sad situation for everyone involved. I suppose it's not a surprise that he wasn't on top of his finances as it's all reflective of the spiraling state of Scott's own life in those last few years.

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 08:18:11 PM »
I wonder if it’s not more of a case of Jamie wanting no part of the ongoing debt collection , rather than wanting nothing more to do with Scott?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 10:00:14 PM »
I wonder if it’s not more of a case of Jamie wanting no part of the ongoing debt collection , rather than wanting nothing more to do with Scott?

There's literally no difference. Scott left mostly debt behind, so you either try to help settle those debts so that he can actually have some kind of legacy or you cut ties and run. Jamie chose the later.

Maybe I'm being harsh;  but after all the decades of shit Mary's been through, being called every misogynistic word in the dictionary just for being married to Scott, it's interesting to see her taking on a massive amount of debt to try an manage his estate while his most recent wife profited off his death by selling portraits of him on etsy and their engagement ring on eBay. It's almost as if Mary actually loved him this whole time, while Jaime was just a gold digger.

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 03:03:41 AM »
Agreed , I also thought selling the Scott “portraits “was in pretty bad taste. You are more knowledgeable on the situation than I am , I had just assumed that once Mary became executor that all financial dealings were under her control alone. I’m actually surprised that Jamie was paid off over having that money go to his kids first . Thanks for the info :)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »
There's certainly more to it than what's on the surface.

Maybe Mary cares more about his legacy than Jamie. Or maybe she cares about being financially taken care of and to make damn sure that some "new wife" didn't inherit anything that was to be inherited (which we know now that it's been nothing but debt)

I also don't think that Mary is taking on debt. Didn't she take the estate to court to get like $20K a month for spousal and child support. But I get it, in the end, of course, the kids should be priority.

Who knows why Jamie did what she did (selling portraits and the wedding ring)?
Was there real love between them? Was she just someone to be with so he wasn't alone?
I don't think we're in any position to delegitimize their marriage?

I remember Doug said that he just wanted to be in his kids lives and Mary made it hard. 
I remember Mary saying that his kids were "replaced" and weren't even invited to Scott & Jamie's wedding.
I remember Jamie saying Mary poisoned the kids against Scott and her.

Sounds incredibly messy and filled with he-said-she-said.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 05:19:52 AM »
we're literally blasting people here for trying to avoid a situation where they inherit debt? Man, this is brutal.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to deal with this estate. Making judgments about people's intentions and morality is silly. We've never met either of these women. It's a horrific situation all around. Who knows? I think they all deserve a break considering what went down and continues to go down.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 02:52:59 PM »
we're literally blasting people here for trying to avoid a situation where they inherit debt? Man, this is brutal.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to deal with this estate. Making judgments about people's intentions and morality is silly. We've never met either of these women. It's a horrific situation all around. Who knows? I think they all deserve a break considering what went down and continues to go down.

I agree with the first part of your post regarding people avoiding debt. However, I hardly think this situation is black and white. These situations are severely complicated with lawyers, money, and legal documentation.

Regarding the second part of your post, I will admit that I judge people all the time just as they judge me. I think your point about meeting them first is actually quite silly. Does meeting them first then allow me to make judgement? I understand this situation is complicated, but haven't people on this website been judging Scott's morality and intentions for years now? I hardly think everyone here knew Scott on a personal level.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 06:18:56 PM »

Yeah, I'm being way overly harsh. It sucks that Mary has to deal with all this debt, but it also sucks that Scott didn't leave any money behind for Jamie like he was supposed. It's a shitty situation all around, and I shouldn't really be judging anyone involved.