September 27, 2024, 04:55:18 PM

Author Topic: Should The Reunion Have Never Happened At All?  (Read 5709 times)

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Should The Reunion Have Never Happened At All?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 10:52:25 PM »
Reunion was good. Liked the self titled album also.  Would have been cool for them to reunite again if he lived.   Scott was sounding great when I seen him during the Blaster tour and I am sure if they reunited afterwards people would have been happy. 

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »

I think Scott was tired of being a scapegoat when others had problems, too. Like all the VR guys except Kushner relapsing, but only his being news or a problem. That said, being the singer is like being the President or a famous coach--you get all the credit, but the flip side is you also get all the blame. It isn't fair, but he knew that.

That was a convenient way for Scott to deflect and not take responsibility for his actions as well. The fact is that the members all realized on their own what had happened and straightened themselves out. Scott wasn't until tour dates were cancelled. He was becoming a millstone, threatening to drag them all down, especially in terms of how much these cancellations cost. Any reasonable person would even be able to look past the finger-pointing "what about you?" stage and eventually say "you're right, I really need help." I mean, Steven Tyler got to this point eventually, even if he never fully GOT the meaning behind the interventions on him, or what he was asking for in asking Joe Perry to go into rehab at the same time and miss the birth of his child in 1986.

No, Scott was content to simply rant, rave and shut himself off, and insist that Dean, Robert, Eric, Slash, Duff and Matt had to get on their hands and knees and beg his forgiveness and say they'd been hypocrites. All the while he turn a deaf ear to any kind of helpful advice. Take all the battles over publishing and earnings throughout the making of Libertad, and how it was solved by lawyers and management saying they'd take a cut to give Scott more money, and Duff says "in retrospect, they should've held their ground and refused to cave to Scott." It again shows how Scott burned his bridges and only wanted them rebuilt on his own terms, terms that had no basis in reality.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 09:39:56 PM »
Scott was sounding great when I seen him during the Blaster tour and I am sure if they reunited afterwards people would have been happy. 

Wait, what?

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 11:45:55 PM »
Scott was sounding great when I seen him during the Blaster tour and I am sure if they reunited afterwards people would have been happy. 

Wait, what?

Yeah that solo tour had some of his worst performances.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 01:30:50 AM »

Wait, what?

From what I remember, the shows right before Jeremy died were going great.  Could be wrong though.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 01:57:47 AM »
Scott sounding great 2008-2015 is all relative.  I'd argue objectively he sounded like crap that whole period

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 05:12:17 AM »

Wait, what?

From what I remember, the shows right before Jeremy died were going great.  Could be wrong though.

The shows I'm talking about are post Blaster release.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »

Wait, what?

I saw a two where he was real good, one pre, one post Blaster,  and one the year he passed,  he struggled
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:04:36 PM by DankoJones »
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 08:14:08 PM »
It's a catch 22. Yes, the reunion and the s/t didn't live up to the past performances and material. But at the same time, if it didn't happen, we would all be wondering what if. Personally, I am happy they did. It revived this board tremendously. I got to see them perform in my hometown of all places. New friends were made. New fans were created. All positives IMO.

Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
I seen STP 4 times during the reunion and I loved it.   

DrLymphNode

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 08:07:45 PM »
I’m glad it happened, it inspired me to lose weight running to Self Titled when it came out and I think Scott needed structure. If he went solo all those years he would have died a long time ago.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 07:24:14 PM »
Overall I'd say I'm happy they reunited. Yes, S/T was a rather sub-par, uninspired record by their standards. Although we did get "Maver" out of the deal. I saw the reunion tour on five occasions. I was never really that impressed with them. That magic energy brought upon by killer stage presence as I was fortunate enough to have witnessed on the SLDD tour was just not there. In retrospect I am glad I got to see them all together that last time in September 2012. At the time I never would have guessed it would be the last time.  Had we not gotten any of this we all would have lived out the rest of our lives wondering "what if?". That arguably would be a much tougher pill to swallow.

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2018, 03:50:15 AM »
Saw Scott in Boston on the Blaster tour. He sang well and sounded good, but looked joyless.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »
As far as Scott's health is concerned, as others have said he was going down the path he was on regardless of whether or not the reunion happened.

As far as the music is concerned, if S/T had never been released then we all would have spent the rest of our lives wishing they made one more album together before Scott passed... I think that would have been far more unbearable than having them release a slightly disappointing album.

Lol!! If you hear anything slightly disappointing when you listen to self titled thats on you n your ego brainwashed bullshit. You cant enjoy some of the most beautiful pieces of art humans have ever created?? Lol, man this place never changes, been away a loong time n yall still the same. Maybe you should go listen to kanye or bieber then.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 06:05:43 AM »

You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy