September 27, 2024, 05:37:45 PM

Author Topic: Dean accused of abuse from wife  (Read 17086 times)

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Re: Dean accused of abuse from wife
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2018, 12:42:32 AM »
Can we have dean fired?
As for Arron Perry you can suck it too. I’d rather dean be replaced with another guitarist, but Arron you punk ass leave the name “stone temple pilots” out of your mouth you punk ass bitch.

Your repeated comments about firing Dean from a band he started just shows the sense of self-importance and social justice zeitgeist that many people carry around nowadays.  You should be careful with your SJW nonsense. Some day you might piss someone off and end up against someone enforcing their own sense of social justice on you.

I don't know you, but I doubt you are any judge of much that I'd find relevant so start living in a real society and keep your millenial-style vengeance equalization to yourself.

On another note, Brett mentioned that he hadn't had any comment returned to his inquiry. That makes sense really - there's a frenzy going on now, so the best thing the camp can do is circle the wagons a bit and come out with something structured. Ironic advice though, considering that Dean is being called uncontrollably impulsive with his reactions.  I hate this story about Dean, but we have laws and support programs for foolishness like what DeLeo has gotten himself involved in.

Thanks for the life lessons. I knew getting the internet would pay off.  8)

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2018, 12:46:50 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/theaaronperry/?hl=en

Looks like he's got Jenn DeLeo in his profile pic. Is that Dean's daughter on Aaron's shoulders?

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2018, 01:21:20 AM »
In all seriousness, it's good to know that there will be multiple apologies to Mary for all the vitriol, nastiness and disrespect hurled her way on this site not so long ago.

Because otherwise it would just be what's in fashion wouldn't it?

I may have missed the point here but what are we apologising to Mary for exactly?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2018, 01:26:12 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/theaaronperry/?hl=en

Looks like he's got Jenn DeLeo in his profile pic. Is that Dean's daughter on Aaron's shoulders?

Let’s hope Dean doesn’t see this picture and post (“She’s looked evil
In the eye”) it will make his blood boil...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkT2Mmlh7VL/?hl=en

On a side note, how old is Jenn? From her response with words like ‘feels’ and a ton of emojis I’d guess like 15...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2018, 01:44:10 AM »
At this point, I think that's the only way STP goes forward untarnished.

lol

Side note:
Shouldn't Vaporized have alluded to this in vague clues months ago since he's in the know with everyone involved with STP?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:50:03 AM by STP92 »

WastedGo

• Ground Personnel
  • Smoke tracks, mud flaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2018, 02:28:21 AM »
She's 40

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2018, 03:18:23 AM »
I remember seeing them back in March and it was really odd to me just how much Dean had changed. Physically and attitude wise, he seemed like somebody else completely. I have no doubt something is going on with him in general. Seeing him just a few months back, he just performed totally different.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2018, 03:36:40 AM »
Man... here’s a question - does anyone have tix to see them on the summer tour? If so, can you still stomach going? I really torn. I know these are accusations but Jesus Christ, you can’t get lower than someone who abuses women.

First off, it's really none of my business what happens in their personal lives. These guys aren't my friends. We're celebrating music we love, that's it. I don't require of my entertainers to have the same moral compass as me. I do agree beating women is where one could draw the line - that shit is unacceptable... but we don't really know what happened. I don't know Jenn Deleo. I'm staying away from that. I will still enjoy the music. As for Dean getting fired, I don't see that happening. He started the band and his brother is in it.

So yes, I have a ticket this summer and a plan to go and be entertained. Just like when I watch the Saints, I'm sure some of the players are idiots but I don't need to know them personally and I will still root for the team cause that's what I find fun.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2018, 03:55:44 AM »
I’ve seen a few people here saying Dean ‘started’ the band, not true. He was the replacement for Corey Hicock, the band weren’t called STP yet but Robert, Eric and Scott were already in a band and writing and playing music together.
I don’t mean to sound patronising here but I’ve read at least two posts in this thread saying he ‘started’ the band when in fact he joined the band and they changed the name to STP.
I do agree it certainly wouldn’t sound like the STP we know and love without him but then again, it doesn’t without Scott either. It’ll never be the same and I’ve come to accept that.

From Wiki -
At the time, Dean was a successful businessman who had left behind his previous career as a musician, but still played guitar as a hobby. The band managed to convince Dean to play guitar for Swing, completing the original STP lineup.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:59:22 AM by CagedTiger »

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2018, 04:35:18 AM »
Dean better watch out, Aaron Perry is a "Social Media Assassin".

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2018, 05:17:43 AM »
Not to downplay the gravity of the accusations, but I’ve realized you have to be able to separate art from the artist or my collections would be wafer thin. Sadly, this would surprise me about Robert or Eric, but it just doesn’t about Dean.

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2018, 06:12:43 AM »
First off, it's really none of my business what happens in their personal lives. These guys aren't my friends. We're celebrating music we love, that's it. I don't require of my entertainers to have the same moral compass as me. I do agree beating women is where one could draw the line - that shit is unacceptable... but we don't really know what happened. I don't know Jenn Deleo. I'm staying away from that. I will still enjoy the music. As for Dean getting fired, I don't see that happening. He started the band and his brother is in it.
Exactly.  Plus, before we know, we don't know.  Speculating is silly.

I'm assuming even in the worst case scenario of this woman being batshit crazy, that at least some of this is true.  And that sucks.  But I'm not about to be like "I can't listen to that guitar solo ever again!" 

It's their problem to work out.  I hope that it gets done. 

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2018, 06:43:54 AM »
I find it silly when people go "oh maybe some of it isn't true" or maybe only 20% is true...". Like, are you okay with strangling, but draw the line at punches? We all hope it isn't true, obviously, but it's not looking too good...
Find that Aaron guy's #stpsucksanyway very annoying though.
I had the midwife naked and alone

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »
I have no idea what is true and what isn't, it's all perfectly plausible though.

I guess we'll never know the full story unless Dean comes out and says it's all true and he's sorry, because these are allegations in divorce proceedings, she has not pressed criminal charges, so there's not going to be a proper investigation. And I seriously doubt he's going to throw his hands up and say sorry, because the settlement is going to take into account his actions. His lawyers are probably screaming at him not to say a word.

In any case, I am quite capable of being horribly disappointed in Dean as a human being, but still enjoying his guitar playing. As others have pointed out, this kind of behaviour is rife throughout the world of rock. I seriously doubt there is a single person here who doesn't listen to a band containing at least one member who is an abusive alcoholic, so getting up on our high horses just seems ridiculous. Scott pled guilty and has a criminal conviction for domestic battery, and that didn't stop me listening to STP either.

I could completely understand if STP broke up over this, but if they don't I'll continue to enjoy their future music exactly as I have done before.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:16:00 AM by Pingfah »

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2018, 10:17:15 AM »
Scott was arrested for 'pushing' Mary, which she later said didn't happen (or at least he didn't hurt her)She reported him to protect him (as he was on a drug binge again). Why bring Scott up all the time? His ruin was dope, not pshysically violent behavior
I had the midwife naked and alone