September 27, 2024, 05:41:43 PM

Author Topic: Re: Integrity of Alternative Nation  (Read 7345 times)

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Integrity of Alternative Nation
« on: March 23, 2018, 02:46:03 AM »
Brett...What the hell are you thinking when you write these little articles?

https://www.alternativenation.net/rolling-stone-reveal-how-stone-temple-pilots-failed-to-replicate-soundgarden/

You're freaking given attention to a crap ass review here.

Seriously, how old are you? Do you know how much crap this band has been through? Being called 'rip-off's for most of their career.....then...after 25 years and 2 deaths....you give attention to crap ass review that tries to sell the idea that they were aiming to sound like Soundgarden?

I google news search the band, and I see crap like this pop up, I cringe...just cringeworthy.

What you do with your click baiting titles is just as irresponsible and lazy as the critics that compared them to pearl jam.

Im sorry to waste  thread space on this, buts its so disappointing.

Seriously, are you a fan of the band?

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Re: Integrity of Alternative Nation
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 03:09:39 AM »

https://www.alternativenation.net/rolling-stone-reveal-how-stone-temple-pilots-failed-to-replicate-soundgarden/

Seriously, how old are you? Do you know how much crap this band has been through? Being called 'rip-off's for most of their career.....then...after 25 years and 2 deaths....you give attention to crap ass review that tries to sell the idea that they were aiming to sound like Soundgarden?

I google news search the band, and I see crap like this pop up, I cringe...just cringeworthy.

What you do with your click baiting titles is just as irresponsible and lazy as the critics that compared them to pearl jam.

Rolling Stone are a major outlet, and the Soundgarden mention made it newsworthy especially with RS's history with STP.

I put part of my own positive review under it. I disagree with a lot of the opinions of others I report on, but if something is newsworthy it's my job to report it. Anybody who reads AN knows my views. You should be directing your frustration at Rolling Stone.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:11:39 AM by StoneTempleBrett »

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 03:26:34 AM »

Rolling Stone are a major outlet, and the Soundgarden mention made it newsworthy especially with RS's history with STP.

I put part of my own positive review under it. I disagree with a lot of the opinions of others I report on, but if something is newsworthy it's my job to report it. Anybody who reads AN knows my views. You should be directing your frustration at Rolling Stone.

RollingStone didn't reveal anything....the guy threw in a bullshit jab at STP trying to sound like sound garden, and you make that a headline?

All you did was add to the bullshit that has followed the band since day one.

If you really felt like that review was worth writing about, which its not....you could have come up with a million better headlines than what you chose.

"STP continues to get no love from Rolling Stone"...but nope....bs click bait.

You're not a fan.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:40:57 AM »

RollingStone didn't reveal anything....the guy threw in a bullshit jab at STP trying to sound like sound garden, and you make that a headline?

All you did was add to the bullshit that has followed the band since day one.

If you really felt like that review was worth writing about, which its not....you could have come up with a million better headlines than what you chose.

"STP continues to get no love from Rolling Stone"...but nope....bs click bait.

You're not a fan.

Of course I'm a fan, you even complimented my review a week ago. If I wasn't a fan why the hell would I choose to write about STP every day? I put my review right after it in the article to show what I thought.

Rolling Stone Reveal How STP Failed To Replicate Soundgarden is a representative headline of the story. The story is about a review where they reveal why the think Roll Me Under failed to sound like Soundgarden, like the writer I guess thought they were aiming for.

I posted my positive review right under to show my views, which differ from theirs.

'STP Continue To Get No Love From Rolling Stone' isn't needed as a headline as it's obvious by reading their review that they're getting no love from RS, and the bigger news worthy items that people are interested in is the Soundgarden reference.

If you don't like Rolling Stone's review, tweet Rolling Stone. Don't shoot the messenger.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 03:42:31 AM »
Also a reader felt it was newsworthy enough to tweet me about it, that's how I found out about it. https://twitter.com/stpstp1/status/976935536475721729

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 04:37:55 AM »
I’m with Plushman on this one. Brett, looks like you’re valuing clicks over fandom. Not going to judge you for it, that’s your prerogative. But it’s obvious.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Plushman

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »
Also a reader felt it was newsworthy enough to tweet me about it, that's how I found out about it. https://twitter.com/stpstp1/status/976935536475721729

Since you like to reference twitter.....

https://twitter.com/AltNationNet/status/976952155188924416

Checkmate

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 02:10:21 PM »

Like Brett said, it was posted by Rolling Stone, so it's newsworthy.  I don't have any problem with AP posting this.  They're a music news website for fucks sake.

And as for "all the crap STP has been through", don't forget that is long over.  They've made millions of dollars and are recognized by their peers as equals.  It isn't 1992 anymore. 
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 02:55:12 PM »
Lame headline and 100% clickbait.  I think this guy has shown he's not of the highest integrity.  He's claimed stories on his site, from here, with no credit or permission, he did with one of my posts.

But that the state of journalism and he's trying to make money do his "fandom" will take a backseat to his business, cant really blame him for tbst
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 05:13:39 PM »
Lame headline and 100% clickbait.  I think this guy has shown he's not of the highest integrity.  He's claimed stories on his site, from here, with no credit or permission, he did with one of my posts.

But that the state of journalism and he's trying to make money do his "fandom" will take a backseat to his business, cant really blame him for tbst

His integrity left years ago.  Anyone else remember when he got ahold of "Happy" and threatened to not release it to the fans here because people criticized him and his site and started to gloat about having it on the boards then quickly shut up and left for a while after a kind anonymous donor gave it to me to leak?

Fun times.

stp4

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Assistant Manager Strickland Propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »
Rolling Stone IS not ARE. Go back to elementary school, Brett. Daddy needs to proof read your posts.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 11:08:07 PM »
Rolling Stone IS not ARE. Go back to elementary school, Brett. Daddy needs to proof read your posts.
The is-versus-are debate is very new-school English.  Are is technically correct since Rolling Stone is made up of more than one person, but it makes you sound like a fucking tithead.  That's why you don't do it. 

These are the same people that would say "Pearl Jam are playing a show tonight!"  Or "these data point to an interesting hypothesis."  Or not use an Oxford comma because it's "pointless." 

Heathens. 

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 11:24:05 PM »

His integrity left years ago.  Anyone else remember when he got ahold of "Happy" and threatened to not release it to the fans here because people criticized him and his site and started to gloat about having it on the boards then quickly shut up and left for a while after a kind anonymous donor gave it to me to leak?

Fun times.

I remember that... miss those times around here

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 02:51:02 AM »
Waiting for the next boner story.