September 27, 2024, 07:58:40 PM

Author Topic: I Had This Crazy Idea!  (Read 7299 times)

Anonymous

I Had This Crazy Idea!
« on: December 11, 2004, 06:59:27 PM »
I had this crazy idea!
I’ve been heard STP fans talking about form a STP cover and stuff (and I really would love to be part of that kind of band) so one thing just came out of my mind: Why don’t we make this project work by the internet? How? Well, initially we could work on only one song. For exemple, Interstate Love Song. I could record the guitar part (acoustic or eletric), another person would do the bass line, another the drums and so on. The most exciting thought I had was about the vocals. Those (and ONLY those) who knows how to sing would record the entire song, just the vocals. After that, I could mix them in form that everybody voices  would be part of one single track. Like that “We are the World” project.
And how to fit all of this parts at the same Time and make the full track? Making use of a Metronomo, which I have here in my computer and it’s no hard to get one by the Net.
So, what do you guys think about it???????

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 07:18:57 PM »
I had this crazy idea!
I’ve been heard STP fans talking about form a STP cover and stuff (and I really would love to be part of that kind of band) so one thing just came out of my mind: Why don’t we make this project work by the internet? How? Well, initially we could work on only one song. For exemple, Interstate Love Song. I could record the guitar part (acoustic or eletric), another person would do the bass line, another the drums and so on. The most exciting thought I had was about the vocals. Those (and ONLY those) who knows how to sing would record the entire song, just the vocals. After that, I could mix them in form that everybody voices  would be part of one single track. Like that “We are the World” project.
And how to fit all of this parts at the same Time and make the full track? Making use of a Metronomo, which I have here in my computer and it’s no hard to get one by the Net.
So, what do you guys think about it???????
Remember when that guy posted that cover of "Down?"

I think this might have the potential to be funnier than that.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 08:23:12 PM »
You can't expect people to know how to record stuff on their own.  Close to nobody can do it to the degree of quality that SHOULD be expected whenever considering a project like this.  And Metronomo?  Good luck getting a solid multitrack session together... and better luck mixing and mastering.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 11:34:17 PM »
i swear to god im a good singer, i cant play any instruments though, all i am is the singer in my band
I really wanna hear that acoustic Down by that alter bridge guy,
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 11:35:16 PM by Nathantok7 »
The lunatic, is on the grass.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 12:58:58 AM »
No, you don't.

Nathantok7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 04:31:40 AM »
No, you don't.
alright
The lunatic, is on the grass.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 01:33:20 PM »
I still haven't heard that backstreet boy's version of it.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 06:35:22 PM »
No, you don't.
Ian's right.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 11:17:08 PM »
technically it wasnt the backstreet boys, just one of them, i believe AJ maclean is his name

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 12:06:41 AM »
technically it wasnt the backstreet boys, just one of them, i believe AJ maclean is his name
He covered STP???

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 04:40:15 AM »
If you notice, I didn't say the Backstreet Boys' version.  I said the Backstreet Boy's version.  There's a difference there.

Anonymous

I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 04:40:19 PM »
You can't expect people to know how to record stuff on their own.  Close to nobody can do it to the degree of quality that SHOULD be expected whenever considering a project like this.  And Metronomo?  Good luck getting a solid multitrack session together... and better luck mixing and mastering.
I think that the most coherent atitude would be to not underestimate peoples abilities, John. It’s not because you and/or me do know how to work with sound mixing that  anybody else do not. In fact, I would prefer to think that it’s exactly because I know how to do it that I should expect it from anybody else. After all, I don’t think it’s such a complex think to do.
But maybe people here has not much interest on doing it. Or maybe you’re right. No one here has that kind of skill besides us. Anyway, if anyone here do want to have a good time, contact me. I don’t want to win a Grammy, man. I just thought that we could have some fun playing and singing our favorite songs.
Peace out!

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 11:10:07 PM »
You can't expect people to know how to record stuff on their own.  Close to nobody can do it to the degree of quality that SHOULD be expected whenever considering a project like this.  And Metronomo?  Good luck getting a solid multitrack session together... and better luck mixing and mastering.
I think that the most coherent atitude would be to not underestimate peoples abilities, John. It’s not because you and/or me do know how to work with sound mixing that  anybody else do not. In fact, I would prefer to think that it’s exactly because I know how to do it that I should expect it from anybody else. After all, I don’t think it’s such a complex think to do.
But maybe people here has not much interest on doing it. Or maybe you’re right. No one here has that kind of skill besides us. Anyway, if anyone here do want to have a good time, contact me. I don’t want to win a Grammy, man. I just thought that we could have some fun playing and singing our favorite songs.
Peace out!
I don't think you understand.  It's not a question of ability.  It's a question of funding and equipment.

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 09:56:57 AM »
I just think you're underestimating the difficulty of creating a multi-track session remotely.  Especially with people who you're not in direct contact with.  I have no doubts that some people can play the guitar, drums, bass, etc., but I do have doubts that this would be able to come together with the quality that I would demand out of such a project.  Simple matters of timing, tone, EQ, and especially signal to noise ratios are not easy things to explain to people.  Working on a project like this and relying on literal recording amateurs does not seem smart to me.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but that's my current stance.  If I could have people over to my house to record this things, it'd be a different story.  If I'm in an extremely good mood and I'm coerced into doing so, maybe I'd post a clip or two of songs I've recorded here.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
I Had This Crazy Idea!
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 10:21:27 AM »
He covered STP???
Yeah..this was a while ago.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.