September 27, 2024, 08:03:33 PM

Author Topic: What Are The Chances Of Stp Reforming Then?  (Read 35363 times)

Anonymous

What Are The Chances Of Stp Reforming Then?
« on: August 26, 2004, 05:48:52 AM »
I'm sorry if this thread has already been done to death, i'm new here and just wanted to get peoples opinions on this.
I would have said the chances of STP reforming were quite good when Scott first announced he was joining Velvet Revolver, simply because when asked about STP back then he replied with 'STP are just on a very long hiatus' however since then things have come out, Scott has spoke on arguements he had with (I think) Robert about his addictions and Slash has said things along the lines of 'we're not just a one album super group, we plan on taking this further'. It would seem VR are going to be around for a while, although I believe after this tour is done Scott will finish off his solo album because we know he had a few songs done already for that, wether after that he gets back with VR or STP is a mystery though. What I want to know is, how bad is the fall out between Scott and his ex-bandmates? Because this ultimately affects the chances of an STP reunion. We know Scott didn't thank them in the VR booklet and he rarely mentions STP now, also the fact that he was recording a second solo CD (before being scooped up by VR) clearly shows he needed some time away from the band. Scott also didn't seem to have much interest in the Greatest Hits CD, saying that the record company were putting it out but he is concentrating on VR and VR only. With all that said I ask you, what are the chances of STP reuniting?

Don't get me wrong, I like Velvet Revolver a lot, behind STP GNR are probably my next favorite band and I couldn't comprehend how amazing it would be to have Scott (my favourite singer) in a band with Slash (My favourite guitarist). It should be a dream come true for me....but it isn't  :(  because I long for STP to be back together making music, music that moves me in the same way Shangri-La Dee Da does,it's a record that I never tire of, I can put that on and the songs still have that powerful effect on me that they had in 2001 (holds a lot of nice memories for me too). I like Contraband a lot, it's a kick ass rock album that also has some beautiful songs on such as 'Loving The Alien' but I (apart from a couple of songs) feel myself tiring of the album somewhat and it's only been out a few months.

I'm sorry for the lengthy post (which is probably littered with poor puntuation and spelling, very tired!), just wanted to share my opinions with other fans and get some feedback on this.

Thank You

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What Are The Chances Of Stp Reforming Then?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 07:46:47 AM »
Move on.

I think it went too far. I don't see STP coming back for a couple years. If Scott, or the Deleo brothers decides they wants to come back. Again, it matters on how successful VR is for Scott. And so far, they aren't doing too bad.

If that doesn't work out I see him working on his solo cd, but not with STP.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 07:49:50 AM by Ivy »
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

bunbury_hmr

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 07:50:50 AM »
Let time takes its course.

Hmmmm......... Lets worry on getting the members of Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin together an than we might worry about the current bands splitting an making a new one (that seems to be the new fad from the looks of it).

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 09:13:51 PM »
I want it to happen but I don't see it happening. I'm hoping the DeLeos will start up something new.

walkingarazor

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/deathbedmotorcade
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 09:21:16 PM »
I agree with Caged Tiger. VR's album just doesn't have the same replay value that the STP discs do. I too am already growing quite tired of it.

Oh, and for the record, I absolutely LOATHE "Loving the Alien". HATE it!!! :angry:

OK, I'm finished.  :)

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:40:21 PM »
I agree with Caged Tiger. VR's album just doesn't have the same replay value that the STP discs do. I too am already growing quite tired of it.

Oh, and for the record, I absolutely LOATHE "Loving the Alien". HATE it!!! :angry:

OK, I'm finished.  :)
I never liked that one either.  I'm not a huge fan of the last two stp cds either htough.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 11:17:43 PM »
I kinda dig that song.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 04:31:05 AM »
I could see STP getting back together eventually, but not for quite a while.
Scott did say that he kissed and made up with the Deleos. but that doesn't mean they are eager to work together again anytime soon.

Like others have said, there's VR and his solo stuff, which will keep him busy for a while.

Even though it would be a dream come true, I can't see it happening in any less than 5 years.

violentgreen

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 12:33:59 PM »
I could see STP getting back together eventually, but not for quite a while.
Scott did say that he kissed and made up with the Deleos. but that doesn't mean they are eager to work together again anytime soon.

Like others have said, there's VR and his solo stuff, which will keep him busy for a while.

Even though it would be a dream come true, I can't see it happening in any less than 5 years.
After they all suck and are broke they'll do a box-set and tour for one more money grab.  I don't really see them doing anything new though.
Oh yeah, that looks much sexier on you.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 06:12:34 PM »
Scott will get caught doing something he shouldn't be doing.
It will, no doubt, have some effect on his current standing with his bandmates in VR.

STP has put up with that man's baggage for 10+ years.  

Reunion tour?  New album?  Both very nice thought.  But they won't happen.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 05:13:12 AM »
I think most of those guys are done with that part of there life, wasnt Rob saying that he wasnt even sure if he ever wanted to do heavy touring anymore.... ? i just hope that all individuals continue to make music even if its not as a group.

pumpkinrocker28

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 04:33:09 AM »
i'll be the optimistic one:

someday, years down the line, (hopefully sooner than later) STP will get back together, go on tour, and we'll all be there in the front row screaming our lungs out.  :D
and in the eyes of a jackal i say ka-BOOM.

SilvergunSuperman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 11:29:35 PM »

someday, years down the line, (hopefully sooner than later) STP will get back together, go on tour, and we'll all be there in the front row screaming our lungs out.  :D
I think of that when i masturbate.

pumpkinrocker28

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2004, 12:49:56 PM »

someday, years down the line, (hopefully sooner than later) STP will get back together, go on tour, and we'll all be there in the front row screaming our lungs out.  :D
I think of that when i masturbate.
wow... you too?!
and in the eyes of a jackal i say ka-BOOM.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 02:15:51 PM »

You can scream.

I'll probably stick to sobbing like a fool.   ;)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!