September 27, 2024, 01:59:58 PM

Author Topic: Van Halen: billboard interview  (Read 1732 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Van Halen: billboard interview
« on: June 20, 2015, 03:12:50 PM »
Never been a huge Van Halen fan but his recent interview hit a chord with me. They ask him why he continues to tour with DLR and his response hit  me with STP. 

It's about the fans. Van Halen's sound is DLR. It'd be selfish to do it any other way. I just don't think the Deleos will ever find the high they get from Scott. They'll be chasing him their whole lives.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Van Halen: billboard interview
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 08:59:20 PM »
DLR is sober now though, and shows up on time, he sounds like shit though. 15 years from now if Scott can stay sober and can show up on time, maybe the deleos will give him a call. don't kid yourself into thinking EVH would be out on the road with DLR right now if he was still using.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Van Halen: billboard interview
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »
This interview has been the first thing that has brought Van Halen fans together in a really, really long time. Eddie may have said he's touring with Dave for the fans, but he threw him under the bus and just made shit up about their former bass player, probably the most liked man in rock music.

Sammy Hagar's response in defense of Michael Anthony was awesome, and even Sammy haters liked it.

What Eddie did in that interview is really the big story, not the reason why he's with Dave. If Dean or Robert DeLeo every gave an interview like that, Scott would never come back.