September 22, 2024, 07:42:53 PM

Author Topic: Twitter: Lavish...Crackerman  (Read 5380 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Twitter: Lavish...Crackerman
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:29:18 AM »

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
Re: Twitter: Lavish...Crackerman
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 01:36:04 AM »
Theres Scotty

JWeber

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 02:17:42 AM »
If Scott is officially/legally out of STP, how funny would it be if he did an STP tribute album?
Vocals sound good. Glad to see Scott back on him game.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »
the tweet says big things coming soon.  why would he be recording crackerman in studio.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 02:23:53 AM »
Overdubs for a live video, perhaps?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 02:36:43 AM »
Overdubs for a live video, perhaps?

A live Wildabouts video? That's the only thing that would make sense to me.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 04:21:35 AM »
Considering Scott should be all about "moving forward" at this point, this makes no sense.  Quite intriguing though I might say.

Maybe his "big things to come" will be an announcement that the Wildabouts are doing a summer tour with CheSTP. Hahahaha. Don't pay attention to that crazy last sentence, I've got a good buzz going tonight.  Wouldn't that be the ultimate mindfuck though?

Maybe he just posted it to get a rise out of the Deleos.  Who knows, anything is possible at this point.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 04:25:01 AM »
One of STP's best songs. I don't care what they do with it; as long as it gets more live performances or airplay :)

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 04:51:45 AM »
Maybe they're using a few live performances as bonus tracks for the album, like the songs from the Chicago show on the deluxe version of self titled.
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 02:34:49 PM »
Maybe they're using a few live performances as bonus tracks for the album, like the songs from the Chicago show on the deluxe version of self titled.

Interesting theory, but then at that point I'd imagine that at least one of the Deleos would also be getting a small royalty for every copy of Blaster that is sold.  Why would Scott do that?

Reason I say this.....  I know of a guy who was in a punk band in the 80s.  In the 1990s the Offspring covered one of his old band's songs and put it on Smash.  When Smash sold millions of copies this said guy got a writer's royalty for each copy of Smash sold since his song was on it.  It all added up to more than enough cash to buy a nice house.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »

Interesting theory, but then at that point I'd imagine that at least one of the Deleos would also be getting a small royalty for every copy of Blaster that is sold.  Why would Scott do that?

Reason I say this.....  I know of a guy who was in a punk band in the 80s.  In the 1990s the Offspring covered one of his old band's songs and put it on Smash.  When Smash sold millions of copies this said guy got a writer's royalty for each copy of Smash sold since his song was on it.  It all added up to more than enough cash to buy a nice house.

Hmm.  Cool story.  I remember Scott mentioning the $$ he made through Limp Bizkit was crazy for not doing all the much.  Back on topic.  I recall reading somewhere, in a scenario like this, if he re records the songs there's different rights to them.  I don't expect Blaster to sell that much, thus, I'm interested to see what comes of this.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »
There is no way to avoid paying songwriters & publishing royalties by re-recording a track, Rob & Eric are credited with writing the music, and would be entitled to those. Dean would not get paid however, as he only gets royalties from sales of the version he actually played on.

Scott wrote the lyrics anyway, so he's all good on that score.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 12:32:37 AM »
There is no way to avoid paying songwriters & publishing royalties by re-recording a track, Rob & Eric are credited with writing the music, and would be entitled to those. Dean would not get paid however, as he only gets royalties from sales of the version he actually played on.

Scott wrote the lyrics anyway, so he's all good on that score.

That sounds right.  So the instrumentalists would miss out on the portion of royalties related to versions they actually played on.  I think the story I recall related to Axl.  Of course Axl.  Not a good comparison for Scott. 

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 01:40:26 AM »
In this case Pingfah called it correctly.  Or I should say, the way he stated it agrees with my understanding of how it all works. 

There are performance royalties and writing royalties.  With "Crackerman" if it was Rob and Eric who wrote the song, then for each copy of "Core" sold they should have gotten both a performance royalty and a writing royalty.  In Dean's case he would only get a performance royalty for each copy of "Core" that was sold because he is performing on that version that is on "Core" but he didn't write it.

If The Wildabouts were to cover "Crackerman" in a recording and put it on "Blaster" then Robert and Eric would get writing royalties for each copy sold. Dean would get nothing.

This is my understanding of how it works.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:42:31 AM by NickLorenza »

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 02:18:03 AM »
Rob & Eric wouldn't get for every copy of Blaster. Just every copy of the deluxe edition with Crackerman on it.

That said, I think if there was a deluxe edition we would have heard about it by now. Maybe a a live show download as a new reward on Pledgemusic?
Grab the hate and drown it out...