September 27, 2024, 01:58:53 PM

Author Topic: New Failure Album Pre-Order On Pledgemusic.com  (Read 3230 times)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: New Failure Album Pre-Order On Pledgemusic.com
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »
Another thing that strikes me as odd... I realized a band like STP and Failure can't really be compared.

But listen to Scott from 20 years ago and listen to him now. Watch live shows of Scott from 20 years ago and watch now.

How is it Failure can take almost 20 years off, play 30 or 40 shows in 2014, take a year to record an album (18 songs mind you... together... in a studio... after the BS they went through in 1997 when they broke up) And they sound almost exactly the same as they did in 1997.

So I don't want anyone to say that people can't expect Scott to sound the same after 20 years. The guy we have now is NOTHING like the guy we have now... And THAT'S why the guys dropped him. At least with Chester fronting, they can sort of pull the shit off. Put all the Scott's STP and NOT Chester crap aside... What I've heard of STP with Chester is loads better than what Scott was with STP on the last few tours and on these solo shows.

Failure sounds amazing. Watch shows from 1997 of Failure and watch from 2014. Spot. Fucking. On.

People are different, so it's always going to be a unique situation.

John Frusciante didn't look like he was going to make it out of the 90's when he was using heroin, and now he looks and sounds better than ever. Ken Andrews may not have abused drugs long enough to permanently damage his brain or his voice. Or maybe he used drugs for a long time, but just got lucky that he's able to perform with the same intensity that he did in 1997. Scott, on the other hand, permanently fucked up his voice and brain after his years of abuse.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:52:23 PM by STP92 »