June 26, 2024, 04:06:21 PM

Author Topic: Here's An AWESOME Pro-shot Scott Weiland show from 2014  (Read 1747 times)

thetrooper1998

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Here's An AWESOME Pro-shot Scott Weiland show from 2014
« on: November 10, 2016, 01:16:15 AM »
I think a lot of you guys might have missed this since the video only has about a thousand views, but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7pt6xp3974

Scott sounds fucking fantastic at this show. There's even three VR songs in the set, Sucker Train Blues, Do It For The Kids, and Slither which all sound great.
"Stitch the womb and wet the bed..with a whisper I'll be dead".

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Here's An AWESOME Pro-shot Scott Weiland show from 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 02:16:30 AM »
cool recording, not Pro-Shot though.

TheWaterThatYouLeave

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 02:47:35 AM »
cool recording, not Pro-Shot though.

Well, it's pro shot in as much as the guy that shot it considers himself a pro. But not having audio from the desk (amongst other things) sort of undermines that..
 Still a nice document though.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 03:17:32 AM »
Probably one of the better SW&TWA's recordings. Scott gave a great performance at this show. The video work is really good and the audio is a great audience recording. Listen to his voice and how he talks after Crackerman. It's like a night and day difference from shows and interviews from 2015.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 03:51:36 AM »
Wow that was actually pretty damn good. Crazy how much Scott rebounded in 2014 being 2013 was such a disaster with all of those sad/drunk purple to the core shows. If you look up Weiland shows in 2014 on YouTube they mostly all sound decent. Unfortunately it didn't last and everything went to shit the following spring.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 03:59:30 AM »
Even I have to admit he sounded pretty damn good here. The shame is if he'd managed some semblance of sobriety he could have sounded like this all the time.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »
I don't think it's awesome. Of course, comparing to other late shows it's a rather solid one, but it is still a pale sad shadow of classic Weiland.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 03:06:47 AM »
I’ve just been watching this show again and wow!
This has to be the best footage from the Wildabouts tour surely? Scott is singing well and moving around a lot, looks really into it. It’s actually crazy the difference between a show like this and Corpus Christi or any of the shows the following year. He wasn’t even moving in 2015, he was very stiff in every performance. Many have said the real decline was after Jeremy died and it would certainly seem that way.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
Listen to his voice and how he talks after Crackerman. It's like a night and day difference from shows and interviews from 2015.

Yea, he actually sounds like a living, functioning human being in this.  This must've been at the tail end of him being lucid.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
Listen to his voice and how he talks after Crackerman. It's like a night and day difference from shows and interviews from 2015.

Yea, he actually sounds like a living, functioning human being in this.  This must've been at the tail end of him being lucid.

Great video.......he went through a really good period in the spring/summery of 2014.  Sounded (and looked) better than he had in years.  I saw him in the fall of 2014 and he was nothing like this so whatever was going on didn't last long.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

stontemplpilot

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 05:13:34 PM »
There is also another show that was posted back in 2014 where he was in similarly good(relatively) condition, although his voice cracks more in the show that I am referring to which he acknowledges and says is due to being the first show of that tour.  Even with the cracking voice, compared to other shows around those years, he appeared to be in solid shape for 2014 era Scott:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2w_8MN6L6U

I believe the major performance decline began in 2008 and he was never "the same" since, but I would argue that these 2 shows are 2 of the better performances I have seen that he had since the Fall 2009 STP tour.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 07:47:54 PM »
Am I right in thinking this is the only full show in pro shot form from the tour?? Live in New York, 2015, streamed by YAHOO. Not the worst performance by any means but the mix isn’t so good. Tommy’s backing vocals are far too loud, if anything they always should’ve been turned right down!

https://youtu.be/QsM78oMBt0s
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long