September 27, 2024, 05:13:54 PM

Author Topic: Dean DeLeo Guitar Gear  (Read 4968 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dean DeLeo Guitar Gear
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 07:11:36 PM »

https://stompboxbook.com/visiting-dean-deleo/?fbclid=IwAR1EqItspuGoeklyPBhYU2KFStsxOArHGsV79w9chgGRGKFMM-zT3UVixnA

Here's a great article about some of the weird little pedals and amps he uses in studio. The main take away is that he likes to use fuzz pedals running through small amps.

I personally think ProCo Rat 2 is a great inexpensive fuzz/distortion pedal to dial in his tones.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 09:26:40 PM »
Nice. Thanks Blue. You know, I was just reading up in The Edge and it appears that him and Dean are pretty similar in that they don't do much on the guitar set-up but more on the pedals and effects. I wonder if growing up, he dug his sound? Someone should do an updated guitar talk interview. Would like to know some info. Can't find much online which to me shows what an underrated player he is.

8) :-*
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 09:42:56 PM »

[size=78%]edit*  What a pretty cool article. I love the cactus in a can and the old bay seasoning. I was watching this guy play on a spam container that someone in the UK makes. He has a great collection seeing that he grew up in the 70's. [/size]
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave