September 27, 2024, 02:50:30 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland: Songs in the Key of Life (Classic Rock)  (Read 2012 times)

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland: Songs in the Key of Life (Classic Rock)
« on: April 06, 2015, 02:06:28 PM »
The former Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver vocalist, now fronting Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts, talks us through some of the key songs from his storied career.
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS – Plush"This song kinda wrote itself: Robert [DeLeo, STP bassist] came in to the studio with this guitar riff and set of chords and the melody just came right out. I had working lyrics that I used initially and then finished off once we had a demo recorded. When the song was released we were actually on tour supporting Megadeth, and by the time Plush became a hit there were more people coming to see us than Megadeth, which rather changed the whole vibe of the tour: at the start we were playing to heavy metal fans who didn’t know what to make of us, but by the end we had our own crowd."

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2015-04-06/scott-weiland-songs-in-the-key-of-life
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland: Songs in the Key of Life (Classic Rock)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »
The title of this made me think Scott had done a Stevie Wonder cover album. Cool article though
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:52:12 PM »
Goodstuff. Thanks!

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »
Love this

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »
Thats some great insight, thanks
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"