September 27, 2024, 02:38:35 PM

Author Topic: New Rock Band (with tiny STP connection)  (Read 4352 times)

Gasolina Waltz

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
New Rock Band (with tiny STP connection)
« on: September 21, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »
Hi there, fellow STP fans!

Not sure we're a "new rock sensation", but Gasolina Waltz is a rock band which just recorded and released an EP. All the bass tracks on the EP were recorded using the same bass amp (1968 Fender Bandmaster) that Robert DeLeo used on “Cinnamon” and “First Kiss on Mars” from STP’s 2010 self-titled album, which, as an STP fan, was pretty damn profound. Also, a lot of the EP's guitar parts were recorded with a vintage 1974 Hagstrom Swede that once belonged to Robert. Great guitar. Great tone.

If you're into STP, maybe you'll dig my tunes as well. For anyone still reading this and interested in listening, the EP can be streamed in its entirety over at SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/gasolinawaltz/sets/gasolina-waltz-ep

If you like what you hear and wish to find out more about the band, follow us on Facebook and Twitter at http://facebook.com/gasolinawaltz and http://twitter.com/gasolinawaltz

[/size]Thanks for reading/listening, whichever applies to you.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Rock Band (with tiny STP connection)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »
You know, I was about to make a snarky comment (as is my way) about the level of reaching required to connect this to STP, and then I listened to the EP, and it is really, really good.

You got a great sound, that recalls a lot of classic alt rock, but has a big enough spin on it to make it sound unique. Great voice as well. Bravo.

Stop That Pigeon

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »
^ Agreed. This is really good, well-crafted music.

Nice job and thanks for the heads-up.  8)

Gasolina Waltz

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:31:52 AM »
Thank you both for your very kind comments. They are truly appreciated. And thanks again for listening!

Gasolina Waltz

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 01:45:22 AM »

littlelamb222

• my love is cool
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:54:06 PM »

Alright man that's totally rad. I absolutely love Robert Deleo and the fact that you used his amp and he tweeted you is so cool!
"Where did Mary go... fluffy pillows... she swam away..." Ah shit!

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »
Sweet, looking forward to check out that LP
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Gasolina Waltz

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 04:25:07 PM »
littlelamb222, I am probably one of Robert's biggest fans. His songwriting is both unique and complex (at times), yet it is able to garner mass appeal, which is no easy feat and truly inspiring stuff! I have followed STP since '93 and they are one of the bands who played a major part in my wanting to be a musician, so being able to use some of Rob's equipment for my EP was a very exciting and special experience for me.

DankoJones, the EP can be streamed on SoundCloud. If you want to take a listen, here's the link: [size=78%]https://soundcloud.com/gasolinawaltz/sets/gasolina-waltz-ep[/size]

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »
Thanks for t/link
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

littlelamb222

• my love is cool
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »
littlelamb222, I am probably one of Robert's biggest fans. His songwriting is both unique and complex (at times), yet it is able to garner mass appeal, which is no easy feat and truly inspiring stuff! I have followed STP since '93 and they are one of the bands who played a major part in my wanting to be a musician, so being able to use some of Rob's equipment for my EP was a very exciting and special experience for me.

That's cool you've been following (liking?) them since '93 unfortunately I wasn't born until '96 so I missed some things there and didn't know who STP was until '08/'09, so yeah but I am still a big fan of Robert. Also I play the bass and when people ask me who my favorite bassist is I usually say Robert or Jenny Lee Lindberg, Warpaint, but most of the time I try to balance it out and say both of them.
"Where did Mary go... fluffy pillows... she swam away..." Ah shit!