September 27, 2024, 07:22:22 PM

Author Topic: A Re-issue Question?  (Read 8843 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A Re-issue Question?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »
Quote from: "Zotisbot"
I'm hoping there are no remasters.  The albums were all made in the era of the cd and a new master would only eliminate any existing dynamics.

This is a good point.  Have you checked out Chinese Democracy?  IT's production is overblown, but there are actually dynamics *gasp*!  Nice to hear an album with life in this day and age.

However, with Ten, I think this is the right thing to do.  It's the way the album should sound.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:04:23 AM »
Didnt RoB also mention how he wouldnt mind remixing CORE, saying he'd like to hear it more stripped down.

Porkspam

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 02:18:29 AM »
Quote from: "Jeremy"
I doubt STP will ever reissue anything the way PJ is reissuing Ten, simply because PJ has stuff to build upon. STP don't. You can say that they have "Only Dying" and such but PJ have shown us they will release anything, nothing is off limits to them. We can't say that about STP.

~Jeremy~

actually there IS a pearl jam song they won't release.  They made this amazing movie (they being a studio not pearl jam) called reign o'ver me or something... it's got adam sandler in one of his best non comedic roles... and in the movie pearl jam covers the who's song of the same name "reign o'ver me" and it's honest to god such a fucking good song that i didn't think could be improved but ed hit it out of the park with his vocals... and they never released it, not on the soundtrack, not on their rarities cd.. no place.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 04:16:42 AM »
Quote from: "Porkspam"
Quote from: "Jeremy"
I doubt STP will ever reissue anything the way PJ is reissuing Ten, simply because PJ has stuff to build upon. STP don't. You can say that they have "Only Dying" and such but PJ have shown us they will release anything, nothing is off limits to them. We can't say that about STP.

~Jeremy~

actually there IS a pearl jam song they won't release.  They made this amazing movie (they being a studio not pearl jam) called reign o'ver me or something... it's got adam sandler in one of his best non comedic roles... and in the movie pearl jam covers the who's song of the same name "reign o'ver me" and it's honest to god such a fucking good song that i didn't think could be improved but ed hit it out of the park with his vocals... and they never released it, not on the soundtrack, not on their rarities cd.. no place.
I've heard it on the radio and I'm pretty sure that song was released as a single. You can buy it on itunes

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love,_Reig ... 7s_version
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

clipt

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/mdx_clipt
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 03:48:48 AM »
i heard that it was reissued because of it being 20 years since release....  but the math doesnt compute  duh  ask mtv2 they are having some celebration for it.. 3/21/09 all day long. aaron lewis singing "porch" i have the tivo set, as i missed it yesterday.

Theseus

• Co-Pilot
  • ...on a Southern train.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
Eh, I'd check it out.  I mean, why not?!  You still have your original version, even if they remixed or remastered it, cool, fine by me.  I had collected or downloaded most all of the rarer Pavement stuff over the years, but I still bought every one of their deluxe re-issues that've come out over the last 4 or 5 years, just because.  Glad to have CD's in hand/storage, glad to support your favorite bands.

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:48 PM »
actually there IS a pearl jam song they won't release.  They made this amazing movie (they being a studio not pearl jam) called reign o'ver me or something... it's got adam sandler in one of his best non comedic roles... and in the movie pearl jam covers the who's song of the same name "reign o'ver me" and it's honest to god such a fucking good song that i didn't think could be improved but ed hit it out of the park with his vocals... and they never released it, not on the soundtrack, not on their rarities cd.. no place.

I thought that was a Vedder solo?
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

joelrojas84

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »
actually there IS a pearl jam song they won't release.  They made this amazing movie (they being a studio not pearl jam) called reign o'ver me or something... it's got adam sandler in one of his best non comedic roles... and in the movie pearl jam covers the who's song of the same name "reign o'ver me" and it's honest to god such a fucking good song that i didn't think could be improved but ed hit it out of the park with his vocals... and they never released it, not on the soundtrack, not on their rarities cd.. no place.

I think this track is in a holyday single, am I wrong?

CharlieBoston

• Pilot
  • Super Magic Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 02:16:53 AM »

I think this track is in a holyday single, am I wrong?

If Wikipedia is to be believed, the song was in fact a Pearl Jam cover for the Reign Over Me movie soundtrack, NOT an Eddie Vedder solo effort.
The answers get harder and the truth's getting farther and farther...

joelrojas84

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
If Wikipedia is to be believed, the song was in fact a Pearl Jam cover for the Reign Over Me movie soundtrack, NOT an Eddie Vedder solo effort.

good point.

back to the original discussion, Scott, Dean, Robert o Eric, in an interview or something, talk about a re-issue of any STP album? I can't remember if they already did that...