September 27, 2024, 08:16:06 PM

Author Topic: Incoming flight  (Read 1417 times)

WastedGo

• Ground Personnel
  • Smoke tracks, mud flaps
    • View Profile
Incoming flight
« on: June 07, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
Hi all! I've been lurking constantly for at least a week I figured I'd come out of the shadows to say hello :)

My name's Ky, I'm from the East Coast, I started listening to STP last year or so (unfortunately...I'll always be sad I never got to see Scott live) when I was getting really into 90s alt rock/grunge like Soundgarden, AIC, PJ etc etc. Core is my favorite album, Crackerman, Plush, and Silvergun are my favorite songs. I only started listening to VR recently but Big Machine and DIFTK are amaaazinggg

I also really like metal and punk music. Metallica, Motorhead, Ghost BC, and the Sex Pistols are some of my faves in that department.

I'm trying to learn guitar and I like butter pecan ice cream... that's about it. Looking forward to getting to know everyone~

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming flight
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 08:23:22 PM »
Welcome to our group!

Very sorry to hear you never got to experience the one and only, Scott Weiland. He surely was one of a kind and I do not think there is a singer out there who can sing STP’s material as great as he did. Sometimes I feel like the music was written just for him, and the brotherly bond the band constantly showed made me love them even more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_VacP2mpp0

I actually think VR is actually under-appreciated on this board. You will see and hear plenty of different opinions, but I truly love Scott’s VR work, Contraband more than Libertad. Set Me Free is probably my favorite VR song and Scott was able to show his talent once again with some terrific musicians.

Butter pecan, huh? Nice choice. I will always be a cookies n’ cream type of person. Welcome!

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:33:10 PM »
Welcome.  What ya think of Prequelle?

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 09:37:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

WastedGo

• Ground Personnel
  • Smoke tracks, mud flaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
Welcome.  What ya think of Prequelle?

Love it, I've only listened to it once through (because I've been spending all my time digging myself deeper into the STP hole), favorite songs off it so far are Dance Macabre and Miasma. The whole thing rocks hard. Oh, and their cover of Enter Sandman is great.