September 24, 2024, 04:31:03 AM

Author Topic: Scott Interview - July 16, 2014 - leSoleil (in French)  (Read 5966 times)

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Scott Interview - July 16, 2014 - leSoleil (in French)
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »
Check this out:

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/arts-et-spectacles/sur-scene/201407/15/01-4784174-le-changement-dimage-de-scott-weiland.php

Below is a very rough translation provided by Google translate. I've highlighted in red some parts that I found interesting.

Change Image Scott Weiland

(Quebec) is remembered his escapades drug-related and its disastrous performance at the Quebec City Summer Festival 2008 with Stone Temple Pilots, where he appeared completely smashed to a point where he forgot the words to his songs. The flamboyant singer Scott Weiland, who will be performing at Club tonight with his new band The Wildabouts says now want to change image.

It was only after multiple discounts that Sun has finally got on the phone to a Weiland thickly that we knew all the time he was joking or if he was just in a daze.

"This is a change of image [Editor's note: Weiland used the English term rebranding ]. We no longer only parts albums Core and Purple Stone Temple Pilots, but also parts of the album Tiny Music and parts of Velvet Revolver. We also do a few times and five or six of our songs, "he explains.

The new songs should be on Blaster , the first album of the new group Weiland to be published in the autumn. "It's going to sound like Led Zeppelin! I will try as much as possible to sound like Robert Plant! "Launches the singer about the upcoming album ...

Grammy ... or three

"We are going to finish the album. We recorded seven songs and I do not know how many more you save. One thing is certain, we will then select 12 for the album. I think it will be very good. I think we'll win a Grammy ... or three ... "

The Weiland ensures Wildabouts, which also includes guitarist Jeremy Brown, bassist Tommy Black and drummer Danny Thompson, is now his main project and wants to devote full time.

"It will essentially as classic rock: Grandaddy, The Stones, The Beatles. My last album was electric anarchy and one will be an album of rock 'n roll, "he swears.

But through all these styles and sounds, to show what kind of fans Quebec should they expect tonight at Circle? "Powerful amplifiers, distortion, a battery that hits hard and me, well, I invent words in As ..." he dropped.

Taboos of a singer
Among the instructions left to the author of these lines by the team of Scott Weiland, it was registered it was forbidden to speak to him ... his past, lawsuits by the other three members of Stone Temple Pilots and against-the lawsuit he brought against them, the separation of Velvet Revolver and a drug addiction whatsoever.

The singer had yet addressed these issues in his biography Not Dead and Not For Sale , co-written with David Ritz in 2011 So. "Scott, do you regret having launched your biography? It covered all the topics your manager does not want to talk to you ... "

"The only thing I regret about my biography is that my wife can not read it because it is unable to read anything that talks about my ex-wife," says one who married the Last year photographer Jamie Wachtel.

"As far as drugs, I do not want to talk because they are stuff that came in the 90s and I do not mean the 90s. To Stone Temple Pilots is that we are still mediation and my lawyers forbid me to say anything because it could hurt the cause, "he summarizes briefly before turning to the Velvet Revolver record.

"Easy Money"

"But Velvet Revolver, there is no problem. I even called the guy to propose them to do some shows together in a few months. We are on good terms, but I do not want to be a member of Velvet Revolver full time. If possible, I would like to only play at festivals. You know, to make easy money ..., "he summarizes, adding that other former members of the group are either busy or they do not need as much money as he .

"Dave [Kushner, guitarist] made ​​music for TV. He made ​​the theme of the series Sons of Anarchy . Duff [McKagan, bass] is a lot of money in the stock market. As for Slash [guitar], he put aside the money he did in the days of Guns N 'Roses. Finally, Matt [Sorum, drummer] has embarked on a package of stuff. "

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Interview - July 16, 2014 - leSoleil (in French)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »
I want to know what he was actually saying.  Some really interesting things there
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

moreSTPplz

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:23:35 PM »
I want to know what he was actually saying.  Some really interesting things there

Are you ready for this?.... Read Between The Lines.

thetrooper1998

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:36:17 PM »
I didn't know Weiland and the guys from VR were on good terms. Hell, I thought Slash outright hated Weiland.
"Stitch the womb and wet the bed..with a whisper I'll be dead".

littlelamb222

• my love is cool
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 12:52:43 AM »
I love reading anything about Scott even if it's in a different language, but thankfully HelloItsLate translated the article it was very interesting
"Where did Mary go... fluffy pillows... she swam away..." Ah shit!

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 01:21:57 PM »
"The singer had yet addressed these issues in his biography Not Dead and Not For Sale , co-written with David Ritz in 2011 So. "Scott, do you regret having launched your biography? It covered all the topics your manager does not want to talk to you ... "

"The only thing I regret about my biography is that my wife can not read it because it is unable to read anything that talks about my ex-wife," says one who married the Last year photographer Jamie Wachtel.

"As far as drugs, I do not want to talk because they are stuff that came in the 90s and I do not mean the 90s."

that part I don't understand .... his wife isn't allowed to read the bio because of Mary ? or doesn't want tro read his biography, his book ? Can you explain to me what he means ?

and I dont udnerstand the kind of play with words "drugs came in the 90ties, and I do not mean the 90ties " ??? don't understand that too.... since he used them until 2003... but they came, and they didn't come in the 90tis ?

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
I speak French fluently, I read the article. Google translate got the 90s quote wrong. What he said was that "drugs were a thing in the 90s and I don't want to talk about the 90s". That's the correct translation to what was written.

As far as Jamie Watchel, his current wife, he said she can't handle anything that has to do with Scott's ex wife, so she refuses to read his book.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »
But based on this article it looks like his manager says that any questions about STP, drugs or Velvet Revolver are all off limits. Let me know if you guys need anything else translated from that article, but it looks like the google translate got the gist of everything pretty close.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »
The bit about his wife is just saying his new wife refuses to read his book because it talks about Mary. Presumably it makes her jealous.

The drugs bit is just bad translation, I have read the original article and what he actually says is roughly "As far as drugs go, I do not want to talk about things we did in the 90s, and I do not want to talk about the 90s".

ETA, beaten to it!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:34:25 PM by Pingfah »

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 03:30:29 PM »
What about the VR portion of the interview? Is that pretty much the gist of it?
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 03:59:03 PM »
There's nothing horribly inaccurate about it. Of course, Scott would have answered in English, which they then translated to French, and we are translating back, so it's hard to be sure that they translated it all correctly to start with.

It's a bit like Chinese Whispers.

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »

I don't speak French so I'd appreciate if those who do can confirm, but the writer seems to insinuate that Scott is messed up. Seems completely unfair. It's so easy for a lazy writer to go there, due to Scott's reputation. All indications point to Scott being sober and healthy. I suspect Scott was joking about a few things (Grammys, Led Zep) and the humor was lost in translation.

On the other hand, Scott's latest ploy to reunite VR hints at financial issues. The band sounds 100% improved from last year, but I have to wonder if they're making money, the clubs on this tour are small. Last year,  playing 3000-5000 capacity (House of Blues, etc). Every video I've seen this year looks like it was shot in a basement. Touring is expensive, not sure if the band can turn a profit playing for 500 people per night - hence the "easy money" VR reunion attempt.

Semaj

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 06:00:11 PM »
Ya Strat , I was thinking the same thing . Just saw him put on an incredible show in Saskatoon ( Canada ) to maybe 150 people . It was the best  show of his I have seen . Perhaps he has burned a few bridges with fans because of previous messed up shows , but can't see how they could possibly be making money playing to such small crowds . Hopefully he can stay on course and win back some of his fan base !

littlelamb222

• my love is cool
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »
The bit about his wife is just saying his new wife refuses to read his book because it talks about Mary. Presumably it makes her jealous.

See that's what I thought too. The thing that doesn't make sense to me is the whole she can't read the book because of Mary, yeah I understand she's a bit jealous but ahhhh I don't know how to explain it. Also do you think she was the one that made him cover up the Mary tattoo because he said in an interview he wouldn't cover it up because she's the mother of his children. Then again who knows... Don't listen to me
"Where did Mary go... fluffy pillows... she swam away..." Ah shit!

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »

I don't speak French so I'd appreciate if those who do can confirm, but the writer seems to insinuate that Scott is messed up. Seems completely unfair. It's so easy for a lazy writer to go there, due to Scott's reputation. All indications point to Scott being sober and healthy. I suspect Scott was joking about a few things (Grammys, Led Zep) and the humor was lost in translation.

On the other hand, Scott's latest ploy to reunite VR hints at financial issues. The band sounds 100% improved from last year, but I have to wonder if they're making money, the clubs on this tour are small. Last year,  playing 3000-5000 capacity (House of Blues, etc). Every video I've seen this year looks like it was shot in a basement. Touring is expensive, not sure if the band can turn a profit playing for 500 people per night - hence the "easy money" VR reunion attempt.

This translation back and forth is a new one for this board.

Scott's been pretty fortunate vs. the Deleos in that VR (and even Limp Bizkit) exploded and he saw huge $$ from those endeavors.  And then he had the ability to jump back with STP, 7 or 8 years later.  He really bungled what he had.  Jeez.  Though, money talks and if his business team has been able to cut lucrative deals for festivals for VR then more power.  Though, Slash has been able to replicate VR for the most part with Myles Kennedy so $$ need to be huge for them to agree to play again. 

His recent solo activities have to be seen as an investment.  Getting out there and getting some positive momentum was a must.   No matter how small.  Hopefully, he can follow up this with a solid album that gets him back in the game so that VR and gulp STP can even consider him as an option.