September 24, 2024, 04:30:39 AM

Author Topic: Scott reveals the title of new album: "Blaster"  (Read 9426 times)

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
Re: Scott reveals the title of new album: "Blaster"
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 07:51:35 PM »
I just hope that the album cover is better than the christmas album cover...
Seems like you left me when you broke down

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 08:59:53 PM »
I am encouraged by this!  I must say this is the best he has sounded in years.  Hopefully this translates to a solid record. 

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:22 PM »
Man, he sounds so lucid. I love the fact that the album title reveal was unprovoked, it makes me feel like he wants to get information out there and is really excited about it.

Piece of Vaseline Pie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 02:13:16 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this album coming out. I just hope Scott can keep up the healthy life. He sounded really clear in this interview....

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »
Great to hear him sound so strong and that the albums making good progress
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 05:56:54 PM »
So...November...

YES!!!!!!!
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

kravdog

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 08:19:19 PM »
So...November...

YES!!!!!!!

While a new Weiland record in November would be great, I'm not going to hold my breath. The album is only 1/2 way done, according to Scott. He has been off in regard to new material release dates once or twice in the past, so don't take him too literally!

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »
Just listened to this, and I’m disappointed in what Scott had to say about Doug Grean. Believe me, I’m no fan of Grean, and I know the Weiland apologists will be all over this, but seriously? Scott leaned on Grean for so many years. Why not just say they had “creative differences” and leave it at that? Apparently, Tommy Black has replaced Grean as Scott’s BFF, and Grean is suddenly not good enough for this upcoming so-called “hit record.” I guess we’ll see.
Also, even though Scott sounds vastly better than he did, say, in the infamous Alan Cross interview, I still think he sounds a bit off. I fear that he might have suffered permanent damage to his speech/thought processes.
 I haven’t seen him perform live yet this year, so I can’t speak to that. Last year, I caught up with him immediately before a show, and he was a complete mess. Somehow, though, he managed to get out there and perform, and he actually did OK. The guy is an enigma.

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 08:11:04 PM »
hello its late, I think you're completely right. have read scotts book, and all those lines of friendship he dedicated towards doug grean. he ows him a lot ,  he wrote. countless times doug was there, and countless times e drove him to rehab... its hard for doug, in my opinion, when he watched that interview, and the words scott loses...
he was in higher appraisal for his ex bandmates in stp and vr...
when thats the aftermath of really good annd tight together friends.... a friend that always was there for him... then what a strange guy, in this content... look at duff, duff somehow saved his life, took him to a place in the mountains where he and dave kushner stayed all the time, that that guy, could finally get off the opiates... thats a sing of friendship, and I have read duffs bio ,too... somehow scott doesn't care for real friendship. always, tries to see it his way...

hello its late, you mentioned scott was a mess when you went to see him last year, and got a chance for a small talk... a mess, was he drunk, on pain pills, benzos, or sth ? or completely wasted... ?

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 08:13:31 PM »
Just listened to this, and I’m disappointed in what Scott had to say about Doug Grean. Believe me, I’m no fan of Grean, and I know the Weiland apologists will be all over this, but seriously? Scott leaned on Grean for so many years. Why not just say they had “creative differences” and leave it at that? Apparently, Tommy Black has replaced Grean as Scott’s BFF, and Grean is suddenly not good enough for this upcoming so-called “hit record.” I guess we’ll see.
Also, even though Scott sounds vastly better than he did, say, in the infamous Alan Cross interview, I still think he sounds a bit off. I fear that he might have suffered permanent damage to his speech/thought processes.
 I haven’t seen him perform live yet this year, so I can’t speak to that. Last year, I caught up with him immediately before a show, and he was a complete mess. Somehow, though, he managed to get out there and perform, and he actually did OK. The guy is an enigma.

Good god you are depressing.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:22 PM »
So...November...

YES!!!!!!!
I'd love to see it then, but there is almost zero chance of getting it out by then if it really is only 1/2 done unless its going to be a digital-only album or something.  Scott is not exactly the fastest worker in the world and November leaves VERY LITTLE time to finish the music while doing the occasional shows and while getting all the engineering, production, mastering, duplication/printing, and promotion (lol, I know) in order before release.  These things take time and are subject to many delays beyond just SW (as well as any delays caused by him or the band).  I suspect we're looking more at March or later, but I would love to be wrong in this case. 

TinyPenisMusic

• Co-Pilot
  • WTF?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 10:02:36 PM »
I would've named the album 'Butt Blaster.'
"Hey buddy are you lubed up?" -Scott Weiland

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »
So...November...

YES!!!!!!!
I'd love to see it then, but there is almost zero chance of getting it out by then if it really is only 1/2 done unless its going to be a digital-only album or something.  Scott is not exactly the fastest worker in the world and November leaves VERY LITTLE time to finish the music while doing the occasional shows and while getting all the engineering, production, mastering, duplication/printing, and promotion (lol, I know) in order before release.  These things take time and are subject to many delays beyond just SW (as well as any delays caused by him or the band).  I suspect we're looking more at March or later, but I would love to be wrong in this case. 

I agree with you. Making an album takes a lot of time and effort, but we don't really know how much is already done. I mean, he is working with a new producer/engineer and not his longtime partner and enabler Doug Grean, and also we know that if you put on some pressure on Scott you can expect good results from him.
Also, November seems like real close, but there's still some couple of months ahead...if the time he is not on the road he spends it working hard with the band in the studio, I think it's totally possible to have it done.

Remember how The Doors first album was recorded in a week :)
Seems like you left me when you broke down

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 11:28:38 PM »
So...November...

YES!!!!!!!

I agree with you. Making an album takes a lot of time and effort, but we don't really know how much is already done. I mean, he is working with a new producer/engineer and not his longtime partner and enabler Doug Grean, and also we know that if you put on some pressure on Scott you can expect good results from him.
Also, November seems like real close, but there's still some couple of months ahead...if the time he is not on the road he spends it working hard with the band in the studio, I think it's totally possible to have it done.

Remember how The Doors first album was recorded in a week :)

Purple was recorded in 2 weeks.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 03:56:43 AM »
http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article3295726.html

New article, first single in a month or two according to Scott
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.