September 23, 2024, 03:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Picture of Scott recording the new album...  (Read 9267 times)

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of Scott recording the new album...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »
at first, i really like that pic, he seems happy, but brett said his stepdad drank himself into oblivion, 1000s before and after him, its sad that your stepdad had the same problem. read scott and mary his book ,one of the last entries or chapters scott wrote, he mentioned... was three months hes out with a drink, he said, he knows god damn well he is an alcoholic ,and hopes that this "fateful harm" like he told it is over. two and half years later, in the 2013 tour, you cleary saw ,that soome shows were not sober, partly strange, he was drunk, lets put it simple .... but he is a fighter, a get up guy, an jealous, talentless hecklers we often showed them how wrong they are, that he could conquer his demosn ( but not long enough) but he still was and is on fire, and is a good performer. look at jim morrison, a highly intelligent man, genuis , one of america's great poets, or lets saw jiim brought peotry , combined poetry with singing... but you all know , he drank himself to death... mainly because of booze...

suffice to say, hes drinking all day,every dayx, someone siad on another post, someone told me.... scott had a seizure, because mixing vtramadol and booze, read marys book, she shed some light, on his painpills addiction, vicodin and oxycontin. er robert de leo, said ,hes poppin pills , he needs help, he thinsk hes clean cause he is not shooting up.  opiates in prescribed pill form is the lesser of both evils, combined with alcohol , deadly. lost a friend with this combination....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:15:39 AM by Tom82 »

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 12:27:56 AM »
Brett and Eyes of Disarray are completely right.....  "and See, that's just it though -- as long as he's active in his self-admitted alcoholism, this statement doesn't make sense. It's more like saying, "Let the bastard drink himself stupid for Christ's sake." As a fan of the guy for 20-some years, I couldn't in good conscience stand behind that kind of sentiment."

As much as some here would like to think the two camps are Team Scott and Team DeLeos, the reality is that it's more like Team Those Who Understand Addiction (likely because they have dealt with it themselves or with a loved one) and Team Those Who Don't."  he wrote,

thats absolutely right, I understand addiction, and I know some on the board here, have dealt with the same struggle, have chased the dragon, or know oxycodone and vicodin, dilaudid, for example.....  alcohol is bad, really bad, it destroys your braind and organs, and family and friends will finally walk away, in most cases....

my question, i wrote about the tramadol and booze induced seizure, know vicodin and oxycontin, is tramdol or ultram a prescribed opiate, or synthetic opioid too, or is it something not as dangerous as vicodin and oxycontin ??? would really apperciate an answer of the team addiction... cause these people care, and I applaud both of them....

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 01:44:58 AM »
The science is starting to show that, while addiction exists, many of the people we think of as addicts are actually victims of treatment that hasn't been shown to actually work. These abusers with a hard to break habit are taught by the AA model that they have no control over their use and that they must succumb to a higher power.

Instead, many abusers could find success with cognitive behavioral therapy and psychopharmacology. Learned helplessness as a result of a broad program that has no scientific link to actual results is a problem. Yes, there are people who are addicts. But the reality is that we're finding out that a lot of people we think of as addicts are actually habitual abusers who could learn to control their desires but have been told by the 12-step model that they cannot.

So we honestly have no idea what would help Scott. And he probably doesn't know either, because the one-size-fits-all disease diagnosis just isn't the reality we once thought it was.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 02:31:20 AM »
Let the bastard live his life for Christ's sake.

See, that's just it though -- as long as he's active in his self-admitted alcoholism, this statement doesn't make sense. It's more like saying, "Let the bastard drink himself stupid for Christ's sake." As a fan of the guy for 20-some years, I couldn't in good conscience stand behind that kind of sentiment.

As much as some here would like to think the two camps are Team Scott and Team DeLeos, the reality is that it's more like Team Those Who Understand Addiction (likely because they have dealt with it themselves or with a loved one) and Team Those Who Don't.

If Scott or anyone for that matter has chosen alcohol over life, family, work etc then there is really nothing anyone can do about it.  They have to really want to quit and I don't think Scott really does.  He has always replaced one addiction for another.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 06:15:54 AM »
I don't see the problem if he decides to start drinking in his mid-40s. He has already outlived his life expectancy. I don't see any immediate damage coming from him drinking. He is not Duff Mckagan who drank a gallon of vodka every day. I would consider Scott to be someone who maybe has a few too many drinks from time to time. Nobody really knows what he is up to and I'm sure he has more peace of mind these days where he doesn't need to be constantly wasted.

Anyway, glad to see that the new album is coming along.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:17:47 AM by Casual »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »

See, that's just it though -- as long as he's active in his self-admitted alcoholism, this statement doesn't make sense. It's more like saying, "Let the bastard drink himself stupid for Christ's sake." As a fan of the guy for 20-some years, I couldn't in good conscience stand behind that kind of sentiment.

As much as some here would like to think the two camps are Team Scott and Team DeLeos, the reality is that it's more like Team Those Who Understand Addiction (likely because they have dealt with it themselves or with a loved one) and Team Those Who Don't.

If Scott or anyone for that matter has chosen alcohol over life, family, work etc then there is really nothing anyone can do about it.  They have to really want to quit and I don't think Scott really does.  He has always replaced one addiction for another.

And your point?  I still see no reason why you should feel as if people who genuinely care about his health should "let him live his life for Christ's sake".  People shouldn't take that kind of stance around an addict.  Oftentimes, the ones that are closest to an addict are able to pull them through the depths of addiction.  And I know that none of us are quite close with Weiland, but fans who actually care about the health and general well-being of Mr. Weiland are few and far between. 

Maybe if there was more like us and less like the people who frankly don't give a damn, he'd have more incentive to stop?  He's always distrusted the media and hell, most of his fans.  He's been on the shit list for a lot of people.  Maybe in his mind, he feels as if he really owes nothing to the fans because they don't give a shit about him.  An addict can become so reclusive when they don't feel loved that they will oftentimes never find their way out.  Most addicts do not love themselves, and oftentimes, it takes the support and love of other people to pull an addict through.  I'd like to see a bit more of that on this board and from his fans, in general.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

pjstp

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »
Wow, it's just a simple picture of Scott in the studio. He appears to be nothing but happy, and no one here has any proof that he's on something in this picture or at this time at all. Why does every single picture of Scott have to turn into a debate?
STP: 2/19/2011 - Thackerville, OK; 4/30/2011 - Birmingham, AL; 8/16/2011 - Austin, TX; 8/17/2011 - Dallas, TX; 11/5/2011 - Concho, OK
SW: 3/27/2013 - Dallas, TX; 4/30/2014 - Dallas, TX; 5/3/2014 - Little Rock, AR; 9/20/2014 - Shreveport, LA; 11/9/2015 - Dallas, TX

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »
You are being very naive.  Here's a quote from Scott himself, which he wrote in his book (likely written in late fall 2010) when he was sober for a few months, where he said that he prayed that he could remain sober (he didn't sadly):

And you are a broken record.  Sucks about your family member(s) choosing alcohol over their family but every time anyone mention's Scott alcoholism or drug abuse you just have to get all preachy.  In the end Scott is a big boy and can make his own decisions no matter how bad or ridiculous they are.  If you don't approve of the way he lives his life then don't go to his shows or purchase his music.  I'm not thrilled about alcoholic Scott but good god you never shut up about it.

his wife wouldn't have left him, and he wouldn't have been fired by STP and Velvet Revolver, and his best friend/musical partner Doug Grean wouldn't have left him

Because we all know alcohol was the main reason for all those events happening.   ::)

THANK YOU

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »
You are being very naive.  Here's a quote from Scott himself, which he wrote in his book (likely written in late fall 2010) when he was sober for a few months, where he said that he prayed that he could remain sober (he didn't sadly):

"For years I've known goddamn well that I'm a drunk, but who wants to admit that?  After kicking the strong stuff, why couldn't I have a little drink now and then?  What harm was there in a small indulgence?  The answer was serious harm- potentially fatal harm.  For me, putting a drink in my mouth is something like putting a lead blanket over my heart.  There's been so much pain in the past few years that I'm afraid to feel, or commit.  I pray that this will end.  I don't want to be alone anymore.  I want to be able to love again.  The dream of every drunk- to be able to manage their drinking- is one that has died hard for me.  My prayer is that, once and for all, that dream is good and dead.  So I'm back to counting days.  It's been nearly two months since I've had a drink.  By the time you read this book, my hope is that it will be six months."

If drinking worked for Scott, in the last 6 and a half years his wife wouldn't have left him, and he wouldn't have been fired by STP and Velvet Revolver, and his best friend/musical partner Doug Grean wouldn't have left him.  I hope that like Scott said right there in his book, that he can quit drinking for good and get healthy and find happiness.

dont call me naive for using my own life experiences... all im saying is that i have dealt with this kinda stuff more than most and life with alcoholism is very possible. and i stated that im not comfortable saying i know what is best for someone i have only met a couple times and its weird that so many people are comfortable with that. dont need to insult me because i have had different experiences.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »
Wow, it's just a simple picture of Scott in the studio. He appears to be nothing but happy, and no one here has any proof that he's on something in this picture or at this time at all. Why does every single picture of Scott have to turn into a debate?

No doubt.  But to be fair, The Legacy pretty much baited StoneTempleBrett into saying something way at the beginning of this thread.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 08:47:55 PM »

And your point?  I still see no reason why you should feel as if people who genuinely care about his health should "let him live his life for Christ's sake".  People shouldn't take that kind of stance around an addict.  Oftentimes, the ones that are closest to an addict are able to pull them through the depths of addiction.  And I know that none of us are quite close with Weiland, but fans who actually care about the health and general well-being of Mr. Weiland are few and far between. 

Maybe if there was more like us and less like the people who frankly don't give a damn, he'd have more incentive to stop?  He's always distrusted the media and hell, most of his fans.  He's been on the shit list for a lot of people.  Maybe in his mind, he feels as if he really owes nothing to the fans because they don't give a shit about him.  An addict can become so reclusive when they don't feel loved that they will oftentimes never find their way out.  Most addicts do not love themselves, and oftentimes, it takes the support and love of other people to pull an addict through.  I'd like to see a bit more of that on this board and from his fans, in general.
+1000

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
My reaction to the picture is: It looks like they're having fun recording, and that's awesome! It's bittersweet, because it's nice to see Scott happy, but I still wish he was with STP. I don't know if I'll ever get over that.

However, there were also some misguided and harmful attitudes posted here about addiction and alcoholism, not just regarding Scott but in general. When I see stuff like that, I like to speak out against it, because it's important to me.