September 23, 2024, 05:28:23 PM

Author Topic: Picture of Scott recording the new album...  (Read 9275 times)

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Picture of Scott recording the new album...
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:14 PM »
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of Scott recording the new album...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:44:15 PM »
Su Inglés está muy bien  ;)

I agree. He does look thin. I hope Scott returns to his rock roots. I don't want to hear new stuff that sounds like he previous solo albums.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:45:46 PM by JBattista »

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:54:47 PM »
Maybe they'll debut the new album at the county fair this week.

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »
Nice.

I hope it's an unforgettable rocker.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:22:30 AM »
Smiles, recording, "new songs"... all sounds good to me.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 02:07:36 AM »

definitely seems like he is in a good place. but just wait here comes a bunch of comments saying he needs help..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 02:25:07 AM »

definitely seems like he is in a good place. but just wait here comes a bunch of comments saying he needs help..

My stepdad smiled in photos with friends when he was drinking himself into oblivion.  These photos mean absolutely nothing in that regard.  I'm happy to hear new music but I haven't seen anything that indicates that Scott has conquered his demons.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 03:33:48 AM »

My stepdad smiled in photos with friends when he was drinking himself into oblivion.  These photos mean absolutely nothing in that regard.  I'm happy to hear new music but I haven't seen anything that indicates that Scott has conquered his demons.

i just dont think he needs to totally sober up to be happy, from personal experience with my family. but i dont wanna get into that whole debate. cant wait for new music

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 05:31:29 AM »

i just dont think he needs to totally sober up to be happy, from personal experience with my family. but i dont wanna get into that whole debate. cant wait for new music

He's a self admitted addict, this isn't just some dude who has a beer after work.  From personal experience with my family (very recent), if you're an alcoholic and don't stop, it will kill you, it's just toxic for your own health and for everyone who loves you.  Don't know Scott personally, but for all of the beautiful music he's made I want him to live and be healthy and happy.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:40 AM »

He's a self admitted addict, this isn't just some dude who has a beer after work.  From personal experience with my family (very recent), if you're an alcoholic and don't stop, it will kill you, it's just toxic for your own health and for everyone who loves you.  Don't know Scott personally, but for all of the beautiful music he's made I want him to live and be healthy and happy.

like i said i dont wanna get into this whole debate but i come from the heaviest drinking county in the US (there was a study done) and most of my family are/were alcoholics. some it destroys, some it works for. for example destroyed my grandmother but my grandfather has been the gnarliest drinker i have ever met for his whole life and it works for him. maybe scott falls into the latter, maybe not. im just not gonna try and proclaim i know whats best for someone i have only met a couple times. i really dont wanna keep going on with this topic so im out on this for now. im sorry for your loss and hope im not coming off as insensitive

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 08:13:22 AM »
You are being very naive.  Here's a quote from Scott himself, which he wrote in his book (likely written in late fall 2010) when he was sober for a few months, where he said that he prayed that he could remain sober (he didn't sadly):

"For years I've known goddamn well that I'm a drunk, but who wants to admit that?  After kicking the strong stuff, why couldn't I have a little drink now and then?  What harm was there in a small indulgence?  The answer was serious harm- potentially fatal harm.  For me, putting a drink in my mouth is something like putting a lead blanket over my heart.  There's been so much pain in the past few years that I'm afraid to feel, or commit.  I pray that this will end.  I don't want to be alone anymore.  I want to be able to love again.  The dream of every drunk- to be able to manage their drinking- is one that has died hard for me.  My prayer is that, once and for all, that dream is good and dead.  So I'm back to counting days.  It's been nearly two months since I've had a drink.  By the time you read this book, my hope is that it will be six months."

If drinking worked for Scott, in the last 6 and a half years his wife wouldn't have left him, and he wouldn't have been fired by STP and Velvet Revolver, and his best friend/musical partner Doug Grean wouldn't have left him.  I hope that like Scott said right there in his book, that he can quit drinking for good and get healthy and find happiness.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »
You are being very naive.  Here's a quote from Scott himself, which he wrote in his book (likely written in late fall 2010) when he was sober for a few months, where he said that he prayed that he could remain sober (he didn't sadly):

And you are a broken record.  Sucks about your family member(s) choosing alcohol over their family but every time anyone mention's Scott alcoholism or drug abuse you just have to get all preachy.  In the end Scott is a big boy and can make his own decisions no matter how bad or ridiculous they are.  If you don't approve of the way he lives his life then don't go to his shows or purchase his music.  I'm not thrilled about alcoholic Scott but good god you never shut up about it.

Let the bastard live his life for Christ's sake.

his wife wouldn't have left him, and he wouldn't have been fired by STP and Velvet Revolver, and his best friend/musical partner Doug Grean wouldn't have left him

Because we all know alcohol was the main reason for all those events happening.   ::) 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:29:45 PM by Lazy Divey »

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »
Nice to be getting some updates from Scott.  New music, pics old and new, tour dates.  All positive stuff.  As usual, it's Scott who's making things happen to the chagrin of the Youtube critics and would be addiction experts floating around this board.  Hope Team Deleo folks are gearing up for band camp with Dean and who gives a fuck collaborations with Rob.  Although, the Linkin Park/30 Sec to Mars tour looks intriguing.       

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:51 PM »

See, that's just it though -- as long as he's active in his self-admitted alcoholism, this statement doesn't make sense. It's more like saying, "Let the bastard drink himself stupid for Christ's sake." As a fan of the guy for 20-some years, I couldn't in good conscience stand behind that kind of sentiment.

As much as some here would like to think the two camps are Team Scott and Team DeLeos, the reality is that it's more like Team Those Who Understand Addiction (likely because they have dealt with it themselves or with a loved one) and Team Those Who Don't.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:49:48 PM by EyesOfDisarray »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 11:56:35 PM »

See, that's just it though -- as long as he's active in his self-admitted alcoholism, this statement doesn't make sense. It's more like saying, "Let the bastard drink himself stupid for Christ's sake." As a fan of the guy for 20-some years, I couldn't in good conscience stand behind that kind of sentiment.

As much as some here would like to think the two camps are Team Scott and Team DeLeos, the reality is that it's more like Team Those Who Understand Addiction (likely because they have dealt with it themselves or with a loved one) and Team Those Who Don't.

Exactly.  Well said.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94