October 01, 2024, 08:38:10 AM

Author Topic: Weiland Open Resturant  (Read 20839 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: New Weiland Article MTV
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2008, 06:08:12 PM »
Weiland will issue his second solo offering, Happy in Galoshes, on November 25, an album he's been working on for more than a year.

Eh... yeah.   ::)   More like five or six years.  We were starting hearing things all the way back in '02 and '03 about a second solo disc.

If we were going to make a record, I would want to do it in a way that was much more original and in a more creative fashion."

Ah!  That makes me really excited.  I'm with Ivy.  Our boys will be back together with new material eventually.  From how it sounds, though, that mess with Atlantic needs to be fixed first.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

UTRR

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »
Just make the record!!!  ;D

Hell just release a live concert album and get out of it that way.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2008, 06:31:13 PM »
Quote from: "UTRR"
Just make the record!!!  ;D

Hell just release a live concert album and get out of it that way.

Agreed.  I don't understand why they don't just release a live CD and be finished with their contract.  Fans and non-fans alike all agree that STP has an awesome, awesome live show.  Plus, putting together a record like that wouldn't require much time or effort from anyone.

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2008, 06:36:09 PM »
Also, when you are a solo artist, you can show up late for shows and only perform for 1 hour, 15 minutes without pissing anyone off. . .except for the fans.

I hope Scott is trying to look uninterested in an attempt to get out of the Atlantic contract.

And hoenstly, it is very simple why the Deleos are out and Eric andd Scott are not. The Deloes asked for their release to do Army of Anyone while Scott and Eric did not. Scott probably assumed that STP as a whole was released when it was just the Deleos.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »
Quote from: "Long Way Home"
Also, when you are a solo artist, you can show up late for shows and only perform for 1 hour, 15 minutes without pissing anyone off. . .except for the fans.

I hope Scott is trying to look uninterested in an attempt to get out of the Atlantic contract.

And hoenstly, it is very simple why the Deleos are out and Eric andd Scott are not. The Deloes asked for their release to do Army of Anyone while Scott and Eric did not. Scott probably assumed that STP as a whole was released when it was just the Deleos.

Isn't that why "Thank You" was released, though?  I was under the impression that it ended their contract with Atlantic.  Now, all of a sudden, we're hearing that they are still contracted to do another record.  Possibly more.

...and how would that work if they DID record another album?  Would Dean and Rob have to REsign a contract?   ???  ???

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2008, 07:44:17 PM »
No, Thank You was released to be one step closer to fulfillment, but that's all.  They still owed two or three more post Thank You.  I remember reading something to the effect that post Thank You, they were probably going to release one more LP after that, and a live record from the tour that supported it to be out of their deal.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »
I just think Weiland doesn't want to say "fuck yea, were doing another record!" b/c than the record company will have some leverage and want in on it. I think if he displays an uninterested attitude and threaten eternal hiatus or something, he might be trying to promote his solo stuff, maybe get more ticket sales on the current STP tour if more shows are added (acting like it's the last time they'll be seen live), add some mystery, which to any equation, promotes some type of interest, and also obviously trying to get him and Eric out of their contract. I'm sure that the boys have been talking and strateg-izing about what to do.
adhesive love

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »
Scott and Eric really should just record some piece of shit drum/solo instrumental CD and just make it sound unreleasable so Atlantic will release them.  I also think he's bluffing, since Robert and Eric told a fan an album will happen, and they also told that same fan about the 2 end of the year shows which means it's reliable.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2008, 10:20:42 PM »
"Velvet Revolver fell apart because there were too many big egos in the band — and I'm including myself," he said. "It wasn't necessarily about bad egos, just big egos, and unfortunately, it just mistakenly kind of eroded."

See, this I really like. Scott ain't putting the blame on the other guys, he takes responsibility for his mistakes too, something the rest of VR hasn't.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Yanks241

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Scott and Eric really should just record some piece of shit drum/solo instrumental CD and just make it sound unreleasable so Atlantic will release them. I also think he's bluffing, since Robert and Eric told a fan an album will happen, and they also told that same fan about the 2 end of the year shows which means it's reliable.

If they did this or even in they tried to put out a live album I'm sure Atlantic wouldn't count that as a release.  I would love a live album from the past tour but it probably wouldn't sell, so Atlantic would not let it happen.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2008, 10:30:57 PM »
Quote from: "NakedFountain"
See, this I really like. Scott ain't putting the blame on the other guys, he takes responsibility for his mistakes too, something the rest of VR hasn't.

That's because Scott has something that those stuck-in-the-80s-losers don't have:  CLASS!

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2008, 11:01:19 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

That's because Scott has something that those stuck-in-the-80s-losers don't have:  CLASS!

lol  ;D  I do love Slash though, just sometimes wish he was more mature. I guess that's why I love Scott more, cause he got class, hehe. Oh, and he rules  O0
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2008, 12:56:59 PM »
"Velvet Revolver fell apart because there were too many big egos in the band — and I'm including myself," he said. "It wasn't necessarily about bad egos, just big egos, and unfortunately, it just mistakenly kind of eroded."

totally agree - this was what jumped out at me in this article.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.