October 01, 2024, 08:40:15 AM

Author Topic: Weiland Open Resturant  (Read 20840 times)

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: STP Frontman Talks Axl Rose, STP's Reunion and Tight Jeans
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2008, 05:35:32 PM »
Quote from: "tommygunn"
This kind of concerns me.. how that issue is currently handled.. and what will happen once the tour progresses..

I remember reading that this was settled and how Dean apologized to Scott for "acting like a hypocrite".
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 05:39:51 PM by Anonymous »
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

STPHEAD

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »
AMAZING!!

Does that seem like the sort of template you'll use on the tour?
Not at all. Obviously, people want to hear the hits. But I've been playing with another band where it's balls to the wall the whole entire time. What I would like to do is present a show that has a real broad spectrum of music, and also turn some people on, because I think that over the years, what has made the band so special is people know the songs that aren't just the hits. People know songs from the records. We'll have a rotating set list. So there will be those songs that are the classic songs, and there will be the song
My only exit is a one way out...

tommygunn

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
I remember reading how this was settled and how Dean apologized to Scott for "acting like a hypocrite".
Yes.. but as any drug-related issue usually is (especially in the area of addicts and relationships).. nothing is really "settled".. and as a tour progresses, often people's 'evil ways' come out. e.g. all the relapses VR members (save for Dave) experienced.. not to mention what the current state of Scott's drug use is/isn't.

EDIT: And Dean's too for that matter..
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 05:50:43 PM by tommygunn »

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »
Quote from: "tommygunn"
Yes.. but as any drug-related issue usually is (especially in the area of addicts and relationships).. nothing is really "settled".. and as a tour progresses, often people's 'evil ways' come out. e.g. all the relapses VR members (save for Dave) experienced.. not to mention what the current state of Scott's drug use is/isn't.

EDIT: And Dean's too for that matter..

Yeah, that's true but since that didn't explain everything he talked about in the other article...just thought I'll add the other parts to it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:12:28 PM by Anonymous »

thejackal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »
Hopefully these guys know that if they screw this up, this is the last go 'round for them together.  Not even the mighty STP can have too many lives left, can they?

With that, maybe if Weiland or Dean have issues or start having issues, they can be more supportive of each other (especially Robert) and less resentful.  I also think it is huge for Weiland that his kids will be travelling some on the tour with him, it may keep him a little more grounded.

Now, go serve your 8 days and come out firing mothafucker.

tommygunn

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2008, 06:16:53 PM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
Now, go serve your 8 days and come out firing mothafucker.
Hear hear! :D

pj88

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »
I hope they stick around! They are absolutley awesome live!

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2008, 10:43:53 PM »
Wow that was a great read. Man I can't wait for this tour. I hope they do end up playing a lot mofe than just the hits like in 02....

WOW I get to see STP in 16 DAYS!!! :)

-Chase

veeno

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »
I'm hoping one of the album tracks they play will be 'Adhesive'.  I don't see too many people mentioning it but I think it's one of their best songs.

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2008, 11:10:08 PM »
Agreed... Adhesive is amazing. I can't see them playing that though.
Take it.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »
Man does it warm the heart to hear them talk about the next album !
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

smoofcool

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »
very nice read, would be great if they played songs other then hits, but i am sure expecting them too.

King

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »
Well, they are. They played Sin on Jimmy Kimmel on the first of May. Look on YouTube for the video, they still sound pretty damn good. Vasoline was also great too from the show. :)

P.S. Scott might need to invest in new jeans, considering how skinny he is. :P

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
New Weiland Article MTV
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »
Scott Weiland Talks New Solo Album, Possible Stone Temple Pilots LPPlus, singer addresses Velvet Revolver split: 'It just mistakenly kind of eroded.'
By Chris Harris   mtv.com
Views 235  

They reunited for a successful run of summer gigs and they've even been writing new material — but, according to frontman Scott Weiland, Stone Temple Pilots' future plans are still very much up in the air, given that two of the band's members have been sued by their old record label, Atlantic Records.

"It's pretty f---ed up, actually," Weiland told MTV News last week. "I don't know who we would record for. I'm not into recording for Atlantic Records, and there are some legal issues there. Originally, I was told — and I was told for years — that we were free from Atlantic. I don't know how it is that [bassist] Dean [DeLeo] and [guitarist] Robert [DeLeo] are free from [Atlantic], and [drummer] Eric [Kretz] and I are not. I have no interest in making a record for a major label. If we were going to make a record, I would want to do it in a way that was much more original and in a more creative fashion."

Atlantic Records filed a lawsuit in Manhattan District Court this spring against Weiland and Kretz, claiming the two tried to get out of their recording contract with the Warner Music Group label prematurely. The filing contends Weiland and Kretz have threatened to stop performing under their current contract, and that they've indicated that they'd like to end the agreement unless Atlantic makes some significant changes. In the suit, the label claims that, though STP have written and recorded six LPs, it wants them to record a seventh — and deliver up to two more, should the label decide it wants them.

However, the suit hasn't deterred the band from working on new material, Weiland said. "I know those guys have been writing, and there's been some really cool stuff that's come about from that," he explained. "I'm proud of everything we've written. But to make another record would mean another couple of years of my life dedicated to that, and I just don't know if that's where I see myself going."
Weiland will issue his second solo offering, Happy in Galoshes, on November 25, an album he's been working on for more than a year, even before he was fired from Velvet Revolver back in the spring. He said that, while he's receptive to recording with STP once more, he likes the freedom that being a solo artist affords him.

"When I look at people like Beck and even, unfortunately, Elliott Smith, who was one of my favorite singer/songwriters, the ability to do what you want to do at your own pace is appealing to me," Weiland said. "You don't really have any fiduciary responsibility to anyone but yourself. But being in a band, you do. It's like, you can't just say, 'You know what? I don't want to tour.' You just can't."

As for Velvet Revolver's collapse, Weiland said that, looking back on it now, he knows just what caused the band's turmoil.

"Velvet Revolver fell apart because there were too many big egos in the band — and I'm including myself," he said. "It wasn't necessarily about bad egos, just big egos, and unfortunately, it just mistakenly kind of eroded."

well, weiland don't seem to enthused about a new STP record and about dedicating a few more years to STP. Cheers, heres to weilands solo work not doing very well so he can come back to STP HA HA juuuust kidding.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Weiland Article MTV
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »
Oh Scott loves to pull our strings.  ;D  I definetely think a new STP album will be in the works. When it will happen no one knows but they will definitely make one at least in my opinion.