October 02, 2024, 03:17:54 PM

Author Topic: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott  (Read 32705 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2014, 12:59:04 AM »
You've obviously never known an addict or had dealings with anybody with real problems, because if you had you would never support such a disgusting comment. That is what I meant by lack of life experience, and I stand by it.

This 100%.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2014, 01:38:08 AM »
I think most of you seem like pretty cool people, even if we disagree from time to time. Anyone who's a fan of STP is okay in my book. Except for Chris Pepper. He's an idiot. :)

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2014, 02:26:07 AM »
We should do an STP fan convention.  It'd probably end in several lawsuits.

Oh no.... Here we go again. I am officially old when this is the third or fourth time I have seen this idea posted over the years -- this one maybe not as serious as the others -- and I was the first one to post it back in 2002.

I am sure you were joking above.

On a side note, great site Brett. Go there every morning.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:28:24 AM by Long Way Home »

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2014, 04:22:43 AM »

We tried to do a fan convention once! I'm guessing around c. 2001. We looked into venues and everything. Good times - and I just now saw Bruce's post above mine. The "man behind the plan" :)

Great idea! I have some vintage NicoleCary and WhenTheItchGetsBad memorabilia.
OMG!! Please bring the nicoleScary stuff!! Say you have one of her take-home cancer treatments or something!!

How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2014, 08:21:44 AM »
He just called anybody that is concerned for Scott's sobriety pathetic, and implied that Scott being an addict is just him "living life on his own terms".

If you don't disagree with that, then you are indeed a foolish and naive person. I can't fathom why anybody would lend their support to a view like that. What the fuck is wrong with you? You've obviously never known an addict or had dealings with anybody with real problems, because if you had you would never support such a disgusting comment. That is what I meant by lack of life experience, and I stand by it.

If I knew you or was unfortunately related to you, I'd no doubt ache for something to numb my senses. You are nauseating.  At the very least unoriginal.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2014, 08:42:11 AM »
He just called anybody that is concerned for Scott's sobriety pathetic, and implied that Scott being an addict is just him "living life on his own terms".

If you don't disagree with that, then you are indeed a foolish and naive person. I can't fathom why anybody would lend their support to a view like that. What the fuck is wrong with you? You've obviously never known an addict or had dealings with anybody with real problems, because if you had you would never support such a disgusting comment. That is what I meant by lack of life experience, and I stand by it.

If I knew you or was unfortunately related to you, I'd no doubt ache for something to numb my senses. You are nauseating.  At the very least unoriginal.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2014, 11:04:12 AM »

And more insults.  You are a piece of work.  I like you.

I've got absolutely nothing against you, I've only insulted you if you agree with the ridiculous nonsense being spouted by this Chris Pepper idiot. I've made my point, and explained clearly why I feel like that and all you've done is say "nuh uh!" and accuse me of insulting people, when I had every basis for doing so.

I don't know why you've got a hard on  for me all of a sudden, I don't have a grudge against anybody over whether they like Chester Bennington or not. Nor am I a big fan of the incarnation particularly, I just want to hear Deleo music however it gets to us. I just don't like the ignorant bullshit like this that Chris Pepper puts forth, and his constant attempts to rile and antagonise people here.

What I can't work out is why somebody who claims to be so against people throwing insults around would throw their support behind the biggest troll on this messageboard. I'm sorry my friend, but you are way off base with this one. I'm not your enemy, you seem like a decent guy, just one who is a very poor judge of character. CP just came in here, was a total dick to everybody for no reason, and then when I called him on it, you attacked me. What is that all about?

Being an addict isn't a life decision, and not one people should claim is a sign of somebody living life on their own terms. DO you REALLY agree with that? DO you really think it is OK to call people pathetic for showing concern about Weiland's sobriety? Come on dude. I know addicts and it is a serious matter. not something to be made light of like Chris Pepper is doing.

His bullshit struck a nerve with me yes, because I know people like Weiland, I deal with them first hand every day and it is no laughing matter.

I really don't have anything against you at all, CP is the only poster here I have taken to task in any real way, because he is the only one here trying to troll the fuck out of this forum. I'm not being nasty for the sake of it, and I have no desire to offend you either.

Peace.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:28:35 AM by Pingfah »

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »

Hi ,Eyes of Disaaray. find that clip nice, you posted... that friendly tramper.... somewhere deep in the swamps of louisiana ;-)
I' m from Germany, I don't know that movie.... who is the actor, somehow reminds me of a young Jon Voight, that old John boorman movie Deliverance, or old  kind of trashy 70ties Western movies, but I really like the genuis Sergio Leone Italowestern, Once upon a time in the West and the ones he did with Clint Eastwood (not the biggest western fan, but all eastwood westerns', especially the ones he did with leone are masterpieces and his directed the unforgiven are masterpieces)

from what moive ist that clip ? could be a comedy too....

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2014, 02:11:41 PM »
Tom, I actually don't know who the actor is or what the movie is. I've just seen it posted on forums as sort of a "right on man" kinda sentiment, which I meant towards Pingfah.

I have a lot of experience with addiction too, so when guys like Chris Pepper come onto a public forum and spout uninformed, uneducated bullshit, they need to be called on their shit every time.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »
Tom, I actually don't know who the actor is or what the movie is.

Robert Redford in Jeremiah Johnson. Great movie!

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2014, 08:04:46 PM »
Tom, I actually don't know who the actor is or what the movie is.

Robert Redford in Jeremiah Johnson. Great movie!
Haha...I thought it was Brad Pitt!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:26 PM »
Nevermind. Didn't realize someone posted the answer.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »
With the recent Scott gigs and news of recording has this offered any new insight as to why Doug has parted ways with them?
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »
With the recent Scott gigs and news of recording has this offered any new insight as to why Doug has parted ways with them?

It's only been a week and a half's worth of shows, we don't really know where Scott is at with his demons.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11