October 02, 2024, 03:20:39 PM

Author Topic: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott  (Read 32711 times)

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
Comeback kid is S Weiland.  He's played this role his whole career.  The most talented are the least understood and most self destructive.  Those of you who comment on his current sobriety or lack of self awareness are pathetic.  It's part of the journey.  He lives his life on his terms and the Deleos, Slash, Grean are all just props.  All I hope is that Scott can make it to the next project to be experienced.  The potential will always be greater than the risk. 

We are pathetic?  You are an adamant Weiland supporter, I'll give you that.  But even you call him "self destructive".  The only pathetic thing I see here is your hypocrisy.  We actually care about the man.  You don't have to look far to see just how lucky Scott has been to make it to this age.  You have to be extremely gullible if you believe that this is just part of Scott's "journey".
Exactly. This wasn't and shouldn't of been a part of Scott's "journey". He had it going great for a while then fucked it up on his own. Its not like this was the way he was supposed to go.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2014, 01:09:27 AM »
I think Scott did the best (sober wise) with the Martial Arts rehab program.  He seemed great for several years while in the early days of VR.

Even that was kind of trading one obsession for another. When he got sober around No. 4, he was running up to 6 miles a day and was kind of ripped muscle-wise. So even when he was "sober," he'd just replaced one addiction with another. Granted, those two are better than alcoholism, but I wonder if he isn't better off learning how to control his use as opposed to be told he has no power over whether or not he uses.

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2014, 01:12:28 AM »
Yes, I'm pretty aware of people like that. In a rare Rolling Stone interview before he died, Layne Staley admitted that he was pretty much the same type of person who simply couldn't function without one kind of addiction in his life.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:15:12 AM by Toxic34 »

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2014, 11:10:45 AM »
Comeback kid is S Weiland.  He's played this role his whole career.  The most talented are the least understood and most self destructive.  Those of you who comment on his current sobriety or lack of self awareness are pathetic.  It's part of the journey.  He lives his life on his terms and the Deleos, Slash, Grean are all just props.  All I hope is that Scott can make it to the next project to be experienced.  The potential will always be greater than the risk. 

LOL. Being a lifelong addict is the precise opposite of living life on your own terms.

You really are an incredibly naive and foolish person. Comments such as that speak heavily towards your complete lack of life experience.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2014, 05:35:42 PM »

LOL. Being a lifelong addict is the precise opposite of living life on your own terms.

You really are an incredibly naive and foolish person. Comments such as that speak heavily towards your complete lack of life experience.

Translation:  I don't agree with you so I'm going to insult you much like a child would.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »
He just called anybody that is concerned for Scott's sobriety pathetic, and implied that Scott being an addict is just him "living life on his own terms".

If you don't disagree with that, then you are indeed a foolish and naive person. I can't fathom why anybody would lend their support to a view like that. What the fuck is wrong with you? You've obviously never known an addict or had dealings with anybody with real problems, because if you had you would never support such a disgusting comment. That is what I meant by lack of life experience, and I stand by it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:45:06 PM by Pingfah »

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2014, 06:13:51 PM »

Translation:  I don't agree with you so I'm going to insult you much like a child would.

Translation:  I have a bad reading comprehension.

He said specifically why he didn't agree with Chris Pepper.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »
Thanks. Ironically in calling me out for insulting the troll he also called me childish, which is clearly an insult. So I guess we can add hypocrite to the list as well.  :P

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
He just called anybody that is concerned for Scott's sobriety pathetic, and implied that Scott being an addict is just him "living life on his own terms".

If you don't disagree with that, then you are indeed a foolish and naive person. I can't fathom why anybody would lend their support to a view like that. What the fuck is wrong with you? You've obviously never known an addict or had dealings with anybody with real problems, because if you had you would never support such a disgusting comment. That is what I meant by lack of life experience, and I stand by it.

And more insults.  You are a piece of work.  I like you.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2014, 08:57:07 PM »
Man, the interactions on this board remind me of the people in the band that this board is dedicated to...

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »

Man, the interactions on this board remind me of the people in the band that this board is dedicated to...

Even if I am not the biggest fan of the current actions of the Deleos and Weiland I would still like to think that they aren't as toxic as some of the people here.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2014, 09:17:35 PM »
We should do an STP fan convention.  It'd probably end in several lawsuits.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
And/or attempted murders

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »

Great idea! I have some vintage NicoleCary and WhenTheItchGetsBad memorabilia.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2014, 11:03:24 PM »

Even if I am not the biggest fan of the current actions of the Deleos and Weiland I would still like to think that they aren't as toxic as some of the people here.
Wasnt' personal towards you; I'm as guilty as anyone else. The interactions above my post for some reason gave me a moment of clarity about the irony.