October 02, 2024, 05:34:58 PM

Author Topic: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott  (Read 32744 times)

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2014, 12:39:40 AM »
Ironically, if there is one person who probably does care about his fans, it's Chester Bennington. Not the guy we all WISH was the one who gave a shit, but he seems to be really genuine.

Fuck that.  If he was as big a fan of STP as people have indicated, he would have turned down the Deleos request to replace Scott.  He certainly doesn't give a shit about STP fans. 
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

stp4ever

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:58 AM »
Didn't Chester say he didn't want to join vr out of respect for Scott? I know we've had this conversation before.

For me, a year in I still have a hard time respecting Chester because I dislike Hybrid Theory so much.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2014, 01:43:02 AM »
Stop talking about Chester, Robert, Dean, and Eric in this thread. This is the Douglas Grean leaving the Scott Weiland group thread.

Scott appeared to me in a dream last night and told me everything is going to be okay.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2014, 02:10:46 AM »
Stop talking about Chester, Robert, Dean, and Eric in this thread. This is the Douglas Grean leaving the Scott Weiland group thread.

Scott appeared to me in a dream last night and told me everything is going to be okay.

Did the WillyWonkabouts appear in the dream too?  Or would it then be a nightmare?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2014, 02:54:41 AM »

Did the WillyWonkabouts appear in the dream too?  Or would it then be a nightmare?
Thanks for the laugh under these dismal circumstances.

Thing is, it's never going to be okay -- at least not what we true STP fans define as "okay." The only way it could be "okay" would be if we could turn back the clock and give Scott a do-over. The man is simply too far gone to fit our definition of "okay" ever again. And even if he were "okay," the WoollyMammoths are not, nor will they ever be.

To me, Chester is like a beacon of hope in all of this. If he can devote the time and really commit, I think he can take something that I loved, something that was shattered to pieces, and possibly make something good of it. Again, it's not going to be "okay," but it's really the only hope I have at this point.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2014, 03:51:23 AM »
STP doesn't care about STP fans...for a long time now the only thing they've cared about is money.

Chester is like a beacon of hope in all of this

::) ::) ::) LOL ::) ::) ::)

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »

I got you, troubled times when my mind begins to wander to the bottle

I liked the old version better, when his flowers were purple, and his mind begins to wander to the spoon.
the sponn brings fate too, its ironic but if he only found a middle way, or find a way, lets say stay of the hard things, like the spoon and the bottle, but still takes ultram, tramadol, xanax , codeine. (don't know if people here know this prescription meds, maybe too young, no one seems to talk about scotts painkiller problem)  than it would be a big step in the right direction. don't get me wrong. but these things are better than drinking alcohol, or binge drinking, bozze. they don't destroy mind and liver like the alcohol does. and maybe one year on them, he can slowly taper off. it saved some lives here, therfor I mentioned it....

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2014, 04:52:19 PM »
Chester is like a beacon of hope in all of this.
We're fucked.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2014, 05:42:20 PM »

I liked the old version better, when his flowers were purple, and his mind begins to wander to the spoon.
the sponn brings fate too, its ironic but if he only found a middle way, or find a way, lets say stay of the hard things, like the spoon and the bottle, but still takes ultram, tramadol, xanax , codeine. (don't know if people here know this prescription meds, maybe too young, no one seems to talk about scotts painkiller problem)  than it would be a big step in the right direction. don't get me wrong. but these things are better than drinking alcohol, or binge drinking, bozze. they don't destroy mind and liver like the alcohol does. and maybe one year on them, he can slowly taper off. it saved some lives here, therfor I mentioned it....

Not a chance. A full on addict can not taper off like that, he'll just keep replacing one thing with another like he has been doing for decades. He has absolutely no self control, that much is obvious.

The only way he will get clean is to give up absolutely anything that significantly alters his state of mind and completely commit to it.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2014, 06:07:45 PM »
Chester is like a beacon of hope in all of this.
We're fucked.
We have been for quite some time now. And that has nothing to do with Chester.

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »
Quote from: Tom82 on Today at 12:39:18 PM<blockquote>

</blockquote>"
Not a chance. A full on addict can not taper off like that, he'll just keep replacing one thing with another like he has been doing for decades. He has absolutely no self control, that much is obvious.

The only way he will get clean is to give up absolutely anything that significantly alters his state of mind and completely commit to it."    Hi Pingfah, you're right. have read, marys and scott book, the tendency that he only trades "mood lifter" , and quits one and therefor starts another, quits, and does both together an so on, back and forwards, is sadly true.... to be completely honest for me it worked , I never have tried, heroin or crack, or any of that junk.... but I fell in the trap of opiate, opioid painkillers like tramadol, codeine , sedatives, klonopin, xanax.... but I quit booze, two and half years, don't even have a romantic craving, or sometimes the longing to drink. hate alcohol now. but have a history with painkillers, prescription opiates, like mentioned before, because im bi polar, and was also never treated the right way. since I know that,  for the moment I can taper down every day ....its the lesser of two evils, but alcohol was harmful....and the other thing, worked and now I take less and lesser.... 

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
The problem might actually be the treatment he has received, which has been in the AA model of addiction being a disease that the user has no power over and he/she must look to a higher power for help in attaining total abstinence.
[/size]
[/size]New studies show that this model may not be the best approach, especially considering its effectiveness isn't all that great. If someone believes he or she has no power over his or her habit or addiction then that tends to change their behavior. Some scientists and doctors are calling it "learned helplessness." Cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing and psychopharmacology are all treatments that have been shown to work, yet are shunned by the mainstream "sober" movement.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
I think Scott did the best (sober wise) with the Martial Arts rehab program.  He seemed great for several years while in the early days of VR.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
Comeback kid is S Weiland.  He's played this role his whole career.  The most talented are the least understood and most self destructive.  Those of you who comment on his current sobriety or lack of self awareness are pathetic.  It's part of the journey.  He lives his life on his terms and the Deleos, Slash, Grean are all just props.  All I hope is that Scott can make it to the next project to be experienced.  The potential will always be greater than the risk. 

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2014, 11:24:09 PM »
Comeback kid is S Weiland.  He's played this role his whole career.  The most talented are the least understood and most self destructive.  Those of you who comment on his current sobriety or lack of self awareness are pathetic.  It's part of the journey.  He lives his life on his terms and the Deleos, Slash, Grean are all just props.  All I hope is that Scott can make it to the next project to be experienced.  The potential will always be greater than the risk. 

We are pathetic?  You are an adamant Weiland supporter, I'll give you that.  But even you call him "self destructive".  The only pathetic thing I see here is your hypocrisy.  We actually care about the man.  You don't have to look far to see just how lucky Scott has been to make it to this age.  You have to be extremely gullible if you believe that this is just part of Scott's "journey". 
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94