October 02, 2024, 07:19:40 PM

Author Topic: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott  (Read 32748 times)

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 02:47:32 AM »
1. [Fact] Doug Grean publicly ended his partnership with Scott.
2. [Opinion] The choice of words in Doug's statement and the fact that Scott hasn't commented on it makes it look like it was NOT mutual or amicable. Doug quit. And it sounds like the reason was that he couldn't work with Scott anymore. And he wouldn't be the first.

A cellphone pic of some dude warming up a recording rig doesn't mean anything. How about a comment from Scott on Doug leaving? Or even better, an interview?

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:23 AM »
It would be hilarious if Weiland released a fucking amazing album after all this. Not gonna happen, but it would be totally unexpected.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 03:44:10 AM »
Not much to say that hasn't already been said here...it's a sad but true thing that I'm just tired of following Scott & STP these days. I'm sure you all understand the reasons why, there's no need to rehash everything that's happened and I will always continue to love the band no matter what (hell I listened to No.4 today), but it's like my mind is just in an apathetic STP hibernation period until something official comes from CheSTP or we see an interview/more of Scott to get a better idea for how he's really doing.

Regarding the actual departure of Doug Grean, I enjoyed his partnership with Scott but I was never super crazy in love with him. So while I think it's a bad indicator that Doug left, I'm still optimistic that somehow someway (someday?) Scott will just move on and produce some great quality music regardless
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 04:38:25 AM »
Not much to say that hasn't already been said here...it's a sad but true thing that I'm just tired of following Scott & STP these days. I'm sure you all understand the reasons why, there's no need to rehash everything that's happened and I will always continue to love the band no matter what (hell I listened to No.4 today), but it's like my mind is just in an apathetic STP hibernation period until something official comes from CheSTP or we see an interview/more of Scott to get a better idea for how he's really doing.

Regarding the actual departure of Doug Grean, I enjoyed his partnership with Scott but I was never super crazy in love with him. So while I think it's a bad indicator that Doug left, I'm still optimistic that somehow someway (someday?) Scott will just move on and produce some great quality music regardless

+1

Honestly it's just habit for me to see what's happening here, but I really haven't cared for quite some time.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 05:06:35 AM »
On a musical front, if real productivity is in the cards, I'm actually happy to hear this as I wasn't a fan of Doug's. I really wish Indrizzo would work with him again. Tap into some of that magic on 12BB.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 10:42:53 PM »

Quoted for truth.  I hardly ever visit this site anymore, because honestly, what's the point?  STP w/Chester seems to be dead and Weiland hasn't done anything for the last year and a half.  We are the biggest STP fans in the world and no one really gives a shit.  Not Weiland, not the Deleos, and not Kretz.  It's all bullshit if you ask me.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 10:55:34 PM »
I come here out of habit, mainly. I'm not really sure what I expect to see anymore. I don't really care for the STP w/ CB lineup, the chances that Scott comes out with something good dwindle by the day, and there are other bands I listen to far more at this point. Maybe it's because STP and Scott have been counted out so many times before but have always come back and surprised us and I want to believe they're not dead for good this time. STP's a hell of a drug.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2014, 06:42:23 AM »
I come here out of habit, mainly. I'm not really sure what I expect to see anymore. I don't really care for the STP w/ CB lineup, the chances that Scott comes out with something good dwindle by the day, and there are other bands I listen to far more at this point. Maybe it's because STP and Scott have been counted out so many times before but have always come back and surprised us and I want to believe they're not dead for good this time. STP's a hell of a drug.

Well said.  I tried to jump on the Chester bandwagon, but this new incarnation is nothing more than a side project.  We, STP's fans, are the real losers out of all of this.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2014, 08:36:33 AM »
At this point I'm just hoping for all of the STP guys to be healthy and happy.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
Thats the sad part. We should all be talking about new music or their latest concert, but they've let us down a ton. We're stuck with just being alright with the band members staying ALIVE.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »
Thats the sad part. We should all be talking about new music or their latest concert, but they've let us down a ton. We're stuck with just being alright with the band members staying ALIVE.

Yeah, this is kinda the elephant in the room isn't it? I think a lot of us, myself included, feel compelled to check back here to make sure a certain member of the band is...still with us.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:57 PM »
Yeah, this is kinda the elephant in the room isn't it? I think a lot of us, myself included, feel compelled to check back here to make sure a certain member of the band is...still with us.
I gotta be honest, this is the main driving force that keeps me coming back here.  The original STP lineup, Scott especially, has burned me too much as a fan.  I still love the music as much as ever but my love for the members of STP isnt what it was.  Not sure I'll ever spend $$ to see any of them live again. 

Quoted for truth.  I hardly ever visit this site anymore, because honestly, what's the point?  STP w/Chester seems to be dead and Weiland hasn't done anything for the last year and a half.  We are the biggest STP fans in the world and no one really gives a shit.  Not Weiland, not the Deleos, and not Kretz.  It's all bullshit if you ask me.
Exactly.  No one in either STP lineup gives a legitimate fuck about their fans.  Talk is cheap and there's hardly ever any action. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:33:12 PM by Aaron »

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »
I gotta be honest, this is the main driving force that keeps me coming back here.  The original STP lineup, Scott especially, has burned me too much as a fan.  I still love the music as much as ever but my love for the members of STP isnt what it was.  Not sure I'll ever spend $$ to see any of them live again. 

Exactly.  No one in either STP lineup gives a legitimate fuck about their fans.  Talk is cheap and there's hardly ever any action. 

I don't know.

Chester is on tour right now (or getting ready to be). I think the Deleos & Kretz care about the fans, and we all knew that new STPwC music would be based on Chester's schedule.

We got 5 new songs less than 6 months ago.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
Ironically, if there is one person who probably does care about his fans, it's Chester Bennington. Not the guy we all WISH was the one who gave a shit, but he seems to be really genuine.

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 10:40:49 PM »
Ironically, if there is one person who probably does care about his fans, it's Chester Bennington. Not the guy we all WISH was the one who gave a shit, but he seems to be really genuine.

Fuck that.  If he was as big a fan of STP as people have indicated, he would have turned down the Deleos request to replace Scott.  He certainly doesn't give a shit about STP fans.