October 02, 2024, 03:24:14 PM

Author Topic: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott  (Read 32714 times)

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Grean announces the end of his partnetship with Scott
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »
I think Grean wants to continue work on the new album, or any actual progress, and Scott just wants to continue touring the same shows. That really is not sustainable.

I'd really like to see Scott on top again, but it's simply not in the cards. It'll be state fairs for a while, more bandmate departures...and then nothing else.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 08:38:34 PM »
<blockquote>"This is so surreal. I feel like this is some type of hypothetical scenario we would've talked about on here, like: "Well, if DOUG GREAN ever comes out and says he can't work with Scott anymore, that's when we'll know shit has gotten really bad."
</blockquote>
Anybody trying to rationalize this is insane.  If Robert, Dean, Eric, Slash, Duff, Matt, and Doug not wanting to play with him doesn't tell the story for people, I don't know what will.  Scott needs help before it's too late, trust me my stepdad died because of this shit.  Scott will need to make the decision to quit, and I pray he gets the strength to."

Brett I've read that touching piece your father I think wrote, about the demon alcohol was a Long text, and well written and a touching on. But as I said before, and Ive written a long post, dealing with past what Ive read in Marys honest book, falling to pieces, and the quote from robert in 2010, and i also wrote the duff mc kagan bio.

scott downroad spiral isn't only the alcohol. its alcohol and pills, and not lithium or zoloft, prozac oder any kind of that sh.... its alcohol and tramadol, ultram , vicodin and oxycontin and i'm sure benzos like xanax or ativan, valium too. listen to his speech in all those interviews on howard stern, and matt pinfield and radiostation, the last 5-6 years. its opiate painkillers, benzos and alcohol , a lot of alcohol on a daily basis, like someone mentioned here.... he heard "suffice to say its bad, real bad, he is drinking all day, every day.... " think it was stpjudge who mentioned these. everyone talks about alcohol, its the worser demon. but those painkillers are addicting too, to be honest i know what im talking about,  on gthis form no one talks about those demons, only about the alcohol. and you know what, alcohol and pills, is a death sentencde, i'm wodnering why he still manages to be alive. its dangerous, the ironic part is, the pills alone would be much healtier for organs like the alcohol. alcohol is the bigger demon, but mixing those , he has a herion light cocktail.... sad ,sad.... would like to hear some feedback, because his friend doug leaving, after all doug did for him, his help, was there for scott wehen everybody left, according to his bio, now he see, how his behavier must have changed bewcause of that lethal combo ... alcohol and opiate painkiller 

kurt34

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 01:15:00 AM »
Just pray.  I hear lithium oritate works for addicts even Military with PTSD.

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 02:14:47 AM »
hum just my thoughts.. maybe Scott wants to see the world again and lets face it with Doug and he is one of his best friends which makes it harder but its just not possible to tour outside USA with a set up as they had.. as much as I like Doug and respect him.. as a band all they will ever be able to do is hitting small venues in the USA.. Sad but true no room for expansion.. and if Doug has took a side step then he is a true friend just hope even if it was a bitter ending that there is no mud throwing.. Ive have few friends and one thing Ive learned ppl come and go but true friends are there until the end.. that's why I choose my friends wisely..

if Scott is wanting to out branch he will need a good guitarist that can all of his solo/stp/vr stuff.. and my advice would be don't rush it unless you already found him..

In the rain and with a bit of luck the sun will shine and then you will always have your rainbow

Keep Smiling  :D

btw I could be wrong and he is fucked up in some corner..  :o
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »
C'mon, guys. He starts the statement out with "It saddens me" and describes the relationship as "no longer possible to sustain". There is no silver lining to draw here. If even Doug does not want to work with Scott anymore, you know things have gotten bad creatively, and likely personally as well.

When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 05:01:12 PM »
A few weeks ago, this exchange appeared on Doug’s facebook page in the comments under something he posted (P1, P2, and P3 are different people who commented):

P1: Does it appear like poor Scott is finally off of the Smack, yet ?? Hope so.

P2: Oh yes.....he's married to a very nice woman and all reports have him living a healthy and happy life. They are recording a new Wildabouts album and the word is that it’s sounding great so far.

P3: Ha!

DG: A true company man.

At the time, it made me go hmm…why would Doug say that? Now, it’s making more sense.

So, going forward it looks like it’s going to be Scott, Tommy “Paintball” Black, and Danny “I’m out, no wait, I’m back in” Thompson.

I do not have high expectations for this.

Tom82

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »

hello its late, don't exactly know what you mean...

"DG: A true company man.

At the time, it made me go hmm…why would Doug say that? Now, it’s making more sense."

don't know the full context, but why does it now more sense ? a true company man, seems like its a bit sarcastic remark from doug. does that mean in relation to the comments from p1 and p2, he can manage smack, is back on the purple flowers ease the pain (adhesive),  but  also writing , recording new material. can combine both. is creative,  but also back on his old dangerous trails ?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:37:51 PM by Tom82 »

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 08:12:14 PM »
Oh no, this is what I interpreted "a true company man" to mean: I think DG's comment was indeed sarcastic, but it was directed to P2, who kind of stated the "company line," if you know what I mean? "Scott's happy and healthy, working on a album, everything is great." Yeah, right...

"Company man" is kind of a slang way to describe someone whose first loyalty is to the company he or she works for, and not to his or her coworkers.

In other words, a "company man" is a "suck up." Which is kind of ironic, since that's exactly what several BE members have accused DG of being over the years.

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 09:01:20 PM »
I hope against hope that the end of their musical relationship is related to creative difficulties, and not a sign that Scott's addiction has become so unmanageable that there is no chance of saving him. Seriously, Scott's life has truly gone from bad to worse within the last year, and we can only hope that this represents hitting bottom, and he finally finds the strength to rally from this and turn things around, not just chemically, but to rebuild himself as a person, and make the decision to drop his lawsuit against Robert, Dean and Eric, which would have to be the first step to any possibility of reuniting.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »
I wouldn't take Doug's brevity to mean there aren't issues and that it is amicable.  I think he's seen how long things can drag out when you just spill it out.  Just sounds like he's making his statement short & sweet.

It's true, he was the most consistent thing in Scott's life going back prior to STP's first breakup.  He's had a lot come his way because of Scott and hasn't really had to punch the clock too hard to do so. 
Scott's solo ventures have had equal parts of Doug's commitment and driving things along.  So for it to get to this point, something bad must've happened.
We can hope that maybe it was just a bad fight, but I think Doug knows Scott better than anyone so for him to put this out it's definitely been a big force.

It's ironic though that again Scott is getting ready to put some shows together and someone is deciding to cut ties.  There's been plenty of downtime but suddenly after shows are announced, his biggest contributor.

I'm not gonna speculate to know what issues Scott has or is dealing with.    But obviously things aren't sunshine and lollipops.
All we can do is hope Scott gets/stays on track and perhaps this opens the door for another musician to inspire Scott.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2014, 11:43:25 PM »
It's about time!  Was not excited about any more music from Weiland/Grean.  Recorded or live.  I hope Scott's batteries are re charging, spending time with his new wife and kids and trying to put the past behind him.  Focus on the lawsuit,get as much as he can, and move on.  Hopefully, he pops back up on the radar with some cool projects we can all enjoy. 

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »
It's about time!  Was not excited about any more music from Weiland/Grean.  Recorded or live.  I hope Scott's batteries are re charging, spending time with his new wife and kids and trying to put the past behind him.  Focus on the lawsuit,get as much as he can, and move on.  Hopefully, he pops back up on the radar with some cool projects we can all enjoy. 

He's recording right now with the rest of the Willyknobs.

Guitar licks that will melt your face, apparently.

- Ron Burgundy

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 01:37:51 AM »
Quote from: ShaneC[/quote

;D

HelloItsLate

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 01:49:19 AM »
I guess that comment (from the Scott Weiland page on facebook) was supposed to be a dig at Doug?

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 02:02:24 AM »
Quote from: ShaneC[/quote

;D

Haha, I think it's a suitable moniker for now.

I hope they surprise us with a rocker.

- Ron Burgundy